Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Training Camp

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Ben at training camp.

Big Ben is like a big kid. He is really funny to watch. We were watching him cut in from a a pass from Charlie Batch to Zamir Cobb, he actually got in Cobb view and was teasing him while in the middle of his route.
When coming out for practice he came to the tinted doors, you could just see his no.7 jesey on his pads that he was carrying. The croud started going nuts, he turned peeked out , started laughing, and closed the door. Then he finally came out. He walked straight to my daughter, took her football and signed it, well my football. He continued to sign for at least thirty kids, and the day before it was the same. He is definitley a fan favorite and will continue to be with that kind of attitude.
Also when El dropped a Ben pass, Ben walked over to him and laughed and pretended to be wiping off Els hands.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
Rush58
Starter

Member Number: 516
Default Re: Ben at training camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Big Ben is like a big kid. He is really funny to watch. We were watching him cut in from a a pass from Charlie Batch to Zamir Cobb, he actually got in Cobb view and was teasing him while in the middle of his route.
When coming out for practice he came to the tinted doors, you could just see his no.7 jesey on his pads that he was carrying. The croud started going nuts, he turned peeked out , started laughing, and closed the door. Then he finally came out. He walked straight to my daughter, took her football and signed it, well my football. He continued to sign for at least thirty kids, and the day before it was the same. He is definitley a fan favorite and will continue to be with that kind of attitude.
Also when El dropped a Ben pass, Ben walked over to him and laughed and pretended to be wiping off Els hands.
I think most good qbs have that "personality" factor. It rubs off in games, keeping the guys loose instead of tight. I'm glad we have one.

BTW, good post.
Rush58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
Steelyasoul007
Water Boy

Member Number: 523

Damn I wish I was able to make it to da Burgh to experience training camp or at least a home game or two. Might have to take some leave and plan a trip
Steelyasoul007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #4
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Good stories Cleve, and it is awesome he signed your football.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Sounds like he's having fun out there! It's awesome he signed stuff for you guys. He will definately be a fan Fave for a long time!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #6
Man of Steel
Water Boy

Member Number: 510

Good story, I haven't made it down to Latrobe yet, but if Ben is signing(I never thought he would, usually the big name players run out on you...or is that just the WRs? lol) I'll have to go soon. Nice to have a good young QB that relates to the fans (are you listening, Kordell?).
Man of Steel is offline   Reply With Quote