Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-10-2005, 09:59 AM   #11
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428
Default Re: David Pollack going home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHODEY2005
Thurman is a rookie, yes, but he's in his natural spot, and he's far more ready than Pollack would be.
Point is he is still a rookie and will therefore potentially make more mistakes..

In any case, I am not unhappy with him, Simmons and Johnson.. Pollack can stay gone all year for all I care

**** the Steelers!
BengalBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Us signing him doesn't determine the out come of the season for us....Even if we do sign him he has been put on the 3rd team, this is old new he went home last week some time......Get up to date if you wanna talk trash ppl.

Thats funny, I seem to remember a thread where you told us all that Bengals D would be much improved due to the play of two rookies this year.

I thought that relying on rookies would be risky, having said that, 3rd team or not, they would have still upgraded a D that the mighty Browns pounded on.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #13
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBrian
Point is he is still a rookie and will therefore potentially make more mistakes..

In any case, I am not unhappy with him, Simmons and Johnson.. Pollack can stay gone all year for all I care
Are you suggesting that the pick on Pollack was a wasted one?

If he is not an upgrade on a D that got slapped silly last year - then surely he is!

Or maybe the Bengals are using the revolutionary new tactic of letting their 1st round rookie picks 'sit out the year'....to 'learn the playbook' ??

NM
Old 08-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #14
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Are you suggesting that the pick on Pollack was a wasted one?

If he is not an upgrade on a D that got slapped silly last year - then surely he is!

Or maybe the Bengals are using the revolutionary new tactic of letting their 1st round rookie picks 'sit out the year'....to 'learn the playbook' ??

NM
Did I say he was a wasted pick? No... Why dont you read the posts and stop acting like an asshat.. You dont have any real desire to discuss Football anyway... You are just the typical bandwagon fan that noone sees until your team does something. Everytime you open your mouth, only hot air comes out, and a little bit of the sperm you swallowed from the previous night.. Now.. Shoo.. Go away pest..

**** the Steelers!
BengalBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #15
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Thats funny, I seem to remember a thread where you told us all that Bengals D would be much improved due to the play of two rookies this year.

I thought that relying on rookies would be risky, having said that, 3rd team or not, they would have still upgraded a D that the mighty Browns pounded on.

NM
I dunno I probably said it somewhere, but I do think he would be an improvement to stop the run but I don't see 2 rookie LB getting us to the playoffs...Will he be able to aid in it next season of course..But I wouldn't put too much faith in him this season ,maybe a little but not a lot.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #16
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
I dunno I probably said it somewhere, but I do think he would be an improvement to stop the run but I don't see 2 rookie LB getting us to the playoffs...Will he be able to aid in it next season of course..But I wouldn't put too much faith in him this season ,maybe a little but not a lot.
We need Pollack for extra pass rushing on third down situations. He would help the most when we switch to a 3-4 look.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #17
Southernsteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 447

Pollack will be a pass rush guy only...Lewis saw enough of him earlier and thats why hes at home! too small for a DE and way too slow for a LB besides Odell kicks ass!! I watch every game they played in at Georgia...Odell will be a great starter in the NFL as long as he dosn't have to drop back in cover too much and pollack will be a great used car salesmen..Go Dawgs!!
Southernsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #18
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsteeler
Pollack will be a pass rush guy only...Lewis saw enough of him earlier and thats why hes at home! too small for a DE and way too slow for a LB besides Odell kicks ass!! I watch every game they played in at Georgia...Odell will be a great starter in the NFL as long as he dosn't have to drop back in cover too much and pollack will be a great used car salesmen..Go Dawgs!!
No doubt Odell was the better of the two. But, I think Pollack could develop into a very good linebacker eventually...and if not, we always have Landon Johnson.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:21 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBrian
Did I say he was a wasted pick? No... Why dont you read the posts and stop acting like an asshat.. You dont have any real desire to discuss Football anyway... You are just the typical bandwagon fan that noone sees until your team does something. Everytime you open your mouth, only hot air comes out, and a little bit of the sperm you swallowed from the previous night.. Now.. Shoo.. Go away pest..
Repeat after me BengalBrian -

'I admit that your question was a football based one and that you are here to talk football, moreover, I also admit that my post consisted of an outright lie and some dumb, weak smack that is embarrassing to read'

If you pick a guy in the early rounds and he is a projected starter (dont lie again and tell me he wasn't) on a weak defence, then when said player goes home before the preseason even kicks off ,then for all intents and purposes - YOU HAVE WASTED A DRAFT PICK!

It maybe easier to digest the truth if you read the post out loud to yourself 7 or 8 times (dont let the strange looks from fellow internet cafe users worry you...it will all be worth it) - and try harder not to let your posts degenerate into mindless taunts that 12 yr old would be embarrassed to use.

Thanks

NM

ps neg rep me all you like - I could care less.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 08-11-2005 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #20
WHODEY2005
Water Boy

Member Number: 452

Quote:
Repeat after me BengalBrian -

'I admit that your question was a football based one and that you are here to talk football, moreover, I also admit that my post consisted of an outright lie and some dumb, weak smack that is embarrassing to read'

If you pick a guy in the early rounds and he is a projected starter (dont lie again and tell me he wasn't) on a weak defence, then when said player goes home before the preseason even kicks off ,then for all intents and purposes - YOU HAVE WASTED A DRAFT PICK!

It maybe easier to digest the truth if you read the post out loud to yourself 7 or 8 times (dont let the strange looks from fellow internet cafe users worry you...it will all be worth it) - and try harder not to let your posts degenerate into mindless taunts that 12 yr old would be embarrassed to use.

Thanks

NM

ps neg rep me all you like - I could care less.
Brian is an inconsistant fool. As a Bengals fan, even I can see that.
WHODEY2005 is offline   Reply With Quote