Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: PICK 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
Is Posluzny the LB from Penn St.?
Yes he is.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
I just think adding a young hybrid OLB is a big need.

I agree BlackNGold. I just think we are in a position at 15 to land an immediate "impact" player whether we stay there or possibly move up. And i think we could find a developmental tweener later in the draft. (And or possibly someone like Oscar Lua to take over for Farrior when the time comes). But as things stand now i think we've got the backers to get it done next season. (Though i could live with Pos or Willis if others i named in my last post were off of the board)
We're not that far away from going back to the "big dance". IMO

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Yes he is.
Yes he looks pretty good as well. I'll have to check him out during the combines.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
I like Q. Moses the DE from Georgia. He would be a OLB in the Steelers 3-4. I think he is one of the best hybrid DE/OLB in this years draft.
Nevr heard of him, but I took a look at some stff from this season, and I agree.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #15
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
I agree BlackNGold. I just think we are in a position at 15 to land an immediate "impact" player whether we stay there or possibly move up. And i think we could find a developmental tweener later in the draft. (And or possibly someone like Oscar Lua to take over for Farrior when the time comes). But as things stand now i think we've got the backers to get it done next season. (Though i could live with Pos or Willis if others i named in my last post were off of the board)
We're not that far away from going back to the "big dance". IMO

Hey Czar what you think of Adam Carriker the DE from Nebraska? He is 6-6 and weighs anywhere from 305-320 pounds. He is projected as a 3-4 DE. If you look at the age and the contracts of the current Dlineman that could be concern in the next few years. Plus I'm always for the Steelers finding a DE that could be a difference maker. I think this Carriker kid could be that.

Our current Dline is solid. Both Aaron Smith and Big Casey are very good. I like Keisel but I think it wouldn't hurt in looking to upgrade this position. Plus Smith's contract is up soon and he is around 30 or alittle older.

Just a thought about Carriker and would like to hear your thoughts on Carriker. I have seen Nebraska a few times this year and he did look very good when I watched the Huskers.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #16
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
Hey Czar what you think of Adam Carriker the DE from Nebraska? He is 6-6 and weighs anywhere from 305-320 pounds. He is projected as a 3-4 DE. If you look at the age and the contracts of the current Dlineman that could be concern in the next few years. Plus I'm always for the Steelers finding a DE that could be a difference maker. I think this Carriker kid could be that.

Our current Dline is solid. Both Aaron Smith and Big Casey are very good. I like Keisel but I think it wouldn't hurt in looking to upgrade this position. Plus Smith's contract is up soon and he is around 30 or alittle older.

Just a thought about Carriker and would like to hear your thoughts on Carriker. I have seen Nebraska a few times this year and he did look very good when I watched the Huskers.

Yeah from what i've seen of Carriker he would probably be a better fit for us than Keisel. (He's stronger)
He's almost a prototypical 3-4 end. He's tall, powerful and very good against the run. He also gets a good "push" upfield. (Though he's not a great pure pass rusher in an athletic sense) But he's pretty good in pursuit. Not to mention he's a reliable "tough" guy.
Come to think of it,.... he actually reminds me of a younger Aaron Smith. Good Call BlackNGold.

Last edited by SteelCzar76; 01-11-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #17
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah from what i've seen of Carriker he would probably be a better fit for us than Keisel. (He's stronger)
He's almost a prototypical 3-4 end. He's tall, powerful and very good against the run. He also gets a good "push" upfield. (Though he's not a great pure pass rusher in an athletic sense) But he's pretty good in pursuit. Not to mention he's a reliable "tough" guy.
Come to think of it,.... he actually reminds me of younger Aaron Smith. Good Call BlackNGold.

Dude I'm a NFL draft junkie. Thats why I love watching college ball. I'm always thinking on what players can help the Steelers in the future. I would love to be a scout.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
Dude I'm a NFL draft junkie. Thats why I love watching college ball.

I seem to have that problem as well BlackNGold.LOL Ok BlackNGold,...let's say you were G.M and had the power to make any move you liked in the 1st. What do you do ?

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
Old 01-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
I seem to have that problem as well BlackNGold.LOL Ok BlackNGold,...let's say you were G.M and had the power to make any move you liked in the 1st. What do you do ?

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
Any move? Wow that would be like being a kid in a candy store for me. I'm a big fan of Joe Thomas and I won't hide that. Plus I think Oline is the life line of your football team. But at the 15th spot I think I would try to trade up to draft Calvin Johnson. I know the Steelers don't have a big need for WR. But I think this kid a the real deal and is going to dominate this league. It would help Big Ben out alot to.

But the GM in me would also explore in trading down and maybe stock pile picks.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #20
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I like Calvin Johnson but we will not spend two 1st round picks on WR's unless he falls pretty close to where we are at and I really dont see us trading up to get him, not at all... MLB Butch Davis from FSU is my pick unless a total shut down corner is there for us at 15...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote