Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #21
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: PICK 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I like Calvin Johnson but we will not spend two 1st round picks on WR's unless he falls pretty close to where we are at and I really dont see us trading up to get him, not at all... MLB Butch Davis from FSU is my pick unless a total shut down corner is there for us at 15...
Czar asked me what I would do and not what I thought the Steelers would do.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #22
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203

All I ask is that we choose a player from a winning school. I really feel that grabbing guys who are used to winning goes a long way in making them a good pro.

I know, I know...you can list me off a ton of NFL failures who came from winning colleges. I'm not saying that every guy from a winning school will be a good pro.

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Any move? Wow that would be like being a kid in a candy store for me. I'm a big fan of Joe Thomas and I won't hide that. Plus I think Oline is the life line of your football team. But at the 15th spot I think I would try to trade up to draft Calvin Johnson. I know the Steelers don't have a big need for WR. But I think this kid a the real deal and is going to dominate this league. It would help Big Ben out alot to.

But the GM in me would also explore in trading down and maybe stock pile picks.

I've thought about the same thing in regards to Calvin Johnson. (Trading up) I think he would help Ben's game immensely by giving him a "bigger target" along with being able to make plays on the ball even when it's not thrown well. (ie: short deep or "sailing" a little high)
I believe that he would also have a positive effect on the running game in a sense that oppossing teams would have to always account for him. Thereby keeping them "honest".
Unfortunetly,....i think Colbert is far to conservative to be so daring and or have such vision. LOL
And i would also be in favor of trading down if all of the guys i liked were off of the board.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #24
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
I've thought about the same thing in regards to Calvin Johnson. (Trading up) I think he would help Ben's game immensely by giving him a "bigger target" along with being able to make plays on the ball even when it's not thrown well. (ie: short deep or "sailing" a little high)
I believe that he would also have a positive effect on the running game in a sense that oppossing teams would have to always account for him. Thereby keeping them "honest".
Unfortunetly,....i think Colbert is far to conservative to be so daring and or have such vision. LOL
And i would also be in favor of trading down if all of the guys i liked were off of the board.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
Hey Czar I say we contact the Rooney's and offer our services for the draft. Hell I'll do the job for free if it leads to more Super Bowl titles.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #25
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

looking forward to another great draft. it is nice knowing we do not have to really reach because we dont have any huge glaring needs sooooo ... if still available. Ginn jr. lets give ben more firepower and we would have the nice buckeye combo going!

also like
jake long, OT, michigan.
Lawrence Timmons OLB florida state,
LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #26
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Hey Czar I say we contact the Rooney's and offer our services for the draft. Hell I'll do the job for free if it leads to more Super Bowl titles.

Spoken like a true STEELER BlackNGold. I think we could get em at least two more titles in the next six seasons. LOL

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #27
kyflash15
Water Boy

Member Number: 3187

First off I would love to have Johnson, but I don't think we can get him, but I do think that we can get Peterson. Peterson is 6'2 218, I think that we should use him as a wr and if willie gets hurt or something we can use him as a back.. it would be perfect because willie would still get his carries. what do you guys think? or run some plays that would have him lined up as a wr and then go in motion and run the ball.
kyflash15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #28
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyflash15 View Post
First off I would love to have Johnson, but I don't think we can get him, but I do think that we can get Peterson. Peterson is 6'2 218, I think that we should use him as a wr and if willie gets hurt or something we can use him as a back.. it would be perfect because willie would still get his carries. what do you guys think? or run some plays that would have him lined up as a wr and then go in motion and run the ball.
First of all I say No to Peterson at WR... Some names that I like to go with my DB help and OL help could be these defensive players..
DT Alan Branch 6'6" 321 lbs. from Michigan
OR
LB Patrick Willis 6'2" 240 lbs. from Ole Miss
Hampton is gettin' kind of up there and we need our future replacement and maybe he could play DE also in our 3-4... And Patrick is a tacklin' machine from Ole Miss and Farrior isnt gettin' any younger either so he could be a very nice replacement in just a couple years...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #29
Showdaddeee
Water Boy

Member Number: 4579

My top 6...
1. Calvin Johnson WR GT (If we trade up)
2. Adrain Peterson RB OK (same as above) Not a big need though
3. Darrelle Revis DB PITT (Home town boy thats a solid DB)
4. Justin Blalock OL TEX (Big fella for Willie to run behind)
5. Ted Ginn Jr. WR/KR OSU (Big time player and he might keep Holmes out of trouble)
6. Dwayne Jarrett WR USC ( I don't like him but he's a stud WR and Hines isn't a youngster anymore)
Let me know what you think.
Showdaddeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #30
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
I like Q. Moses the DE from Georgia. He would be a OLB in the Steelers 3-4. I think he is one of the best hybrid DE/OLB in this years draft.

the knocks on moses are his lack of effort, below average speed and inexperience as a LB. looks to be another alonzo jackson, IMO.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote