Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #31
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408
Default Re: Big Ben is on NFL Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
Agreed, you were watching different games. Based on your perception of Ben 'shedding tackles" this year, perhaps it was the 2005 Year in Review highlights you were watching.

Here's the Ben I saw this year ...

a Ben afraid fo run when presented with the opportunity

a Ben that telegraphed many of his passes by watching only his primary target

a Ben that was extremely inaccurate in short to mid range passes

a Ben that couldn't shed tackles the way he did the year before as a result of being a lot lighter.

a Ben that liked to go long to a man blanketed in double or triple coverage (on a number of occassions mind you!) as a result of not reading the defense correctly.

do I need to go on?
And what does throwing into double coverage and telegraphing his passes have to do with Bens' suppossed lack of strength?

That's ok, please continue to go and respond to my post by bringing up issues that are not even the subject of that post.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #32
Blitzburgh
Banned

Member Number: 2863

You can cherry pick fragments of my post all you want and you can also continue being an apologist for Roethlisberger's performance this year . . . I choose not to.

Roethlisberger was a good 25 lbs lighter this year and lost an exceptional amount of arm strength in the process. The previous year you saw him roll out to the right and throw a bullet across his body 15-20 yds down field .... this year he couldn't even hit a swing pass out to the flat if he didn't have his footing.

"I'm just saying" ....

Don't shoot the messanger ...
Blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #33
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Where is this post do I apologize for Ben?
Quote:

Wow, I must have been watching different games ... I saw Ben break tackles or bounce away from would be sackser on numerous occasions this year. If anything it was his throwing technique that was off badly this year. Even on those rare occasions when the line gave him time to throw, Ben's throwing motion seemed out-of-sink. I don't care how strong your arm is, if you never set your feet (or don't have time to) you don't throw strong accuarate passes.
I never stated he played well this season at all. I simply am of the belief that bad technique was his problem this season. As for breaking tackles, I guess we will have to disagree.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote