Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Teddy Ginn forgos senior season.

Ginn decides to enter NFL draft

11:15 a.m.

Ohio State receiver Ted Ginn Jr. announced today he will will forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

"It was the best thing for him," Ted Ginn Sr., Ginn's father, said this morning. "Emotionally it's not the best thing for him, but financially it was.

"I let him make the decision. It's difficult, because being at Ohio State is a joyful thing. He's a team guy, and he had to work through that."

Ginn Sr. said his son made the final decision late Sunday night after talking with his family. Ginn Jr. did not hold a news conference, instead breaking the news by releasing a statement this morning.

"I am excited to announce that I am making myself eligible for the National Football League draft," the Glenville High graduate said in the statement.

"I thank Coach Tressel and all those involved within The Ohio State University football program for creating such a terrific environment for me to succeed both athletically and academically."

Ginn led the Buckeyes with 59 catches for 781 yards and nine touchdowns but finished his season leaning on crutches on the sideline after suffering a left midfoot sprain in the national championship game a week ago. Ginn Sr. said the injury did not play a factor in the decision.

Ginn was injured when teammate Roy Hall pulled him to the ground in celebration after Ginn returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and the game went downhill from there in Ohio State?s 41-14 loss to Florida.

OSU junior running back Antonio Pittman is holding a news conference today at Buchtel High School where he is expected to declare for the draft.

Ohio State junior receiver Anthony Gonzalez announced his eligibility for the draft during a Thursday news conference.

College juniors must declare for the draft by today, but they do have until Friday to pull their names out if they change their minds. Ginn was projected by many draft analysts as a top 20 pick in the first round. But Ginn?s injury might prevent him from running before the draft, which could hurt his draft status.

Asked where his son would go in the draft, Ginn Sr. said, "I don't know. I don't make those decisions, but I think he should be the No. 1 pick."
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
In Cowher We Trust
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3134
Default Re: Teddy Ginn forgos senior season.

It was all for the money!!