Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default A letter to the seahags..excuse me...seahawks

All the talk out of Seattle dating back to last February was about how you got screwed out of the Super Bowl last year. Supposedly this was the fuel for the fire this year. Please tell me what excuses will you make this year? The refs, the coach, the weather, what?

You should have been ousted by Dallas in the Wild Card rounds but your team and your fans were humored one more week. Oh, maybe you shoulda, coulda, woulda won in Chicago, if only things were different. But just like the Super Bowl last year, the SCW's didn't win you a dang thing!

Now, you are faced with the reality that your team is getting older and the younger teams are starting to come together. What does this mean for the Seahawks? Your mediocre run at the top of a sub-par division is over!

But I digress. I am sick and tired of hearing (even to this day) about the referees and how they affected your team's ability to win a game. Ok, cry about the 3-4 self proclaimed blown calls in the Super Bowl. But are you going to tell me that your team didn't have the testicular fortitude to overcome...was the game decided in those few seconds? Your team failed to man up when it was necessary for them to do so. Instead they folded like a house of cards!

So what will be your excuse this year? I heard S. Alexander say after the game that there won't be any excuses that they just got beat! Is this true? Could it have happened again? You just got beat! In back to back years you got beat when it mattered.

So please, take down the 12th flag, return it to Oklahoma or Texas whatever college town it belongs. Stop crying about how your team should have done this or done that. Heck there are 31 team's fans every year that cry those same rivers but stop being a primadonna!

And for the Walrus - please bow out quietly this year. Take the lead and show your team how act like adults - mature, responsible adults!

And enjoy the new same old view next year when you're looking at a different team atop the NFCW!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: A letter to the seahags..excuse me...seahawks

A few quotes from after the game...hmmmmmm...sounds pretty familiar..doesnt it?

Quote:
"We should have won the game easily, I think," Jackson said. "Some calls went against us, some calls we didn't get"
Quote:
He just wished the Seahawks would have had an opportunity to get a second look after the ball came loose from running back Cedric Benson in overtime.
"We had three [officials] say, 'White ball,' " and one guy say, 'He's down,' " Peterson said. "We should have at least been able to challenge that or something."
Quote:
That wasn't the only complaint the Seahawks had. Peterson cited a first-half hit by Leroy Hill on Grossman in which Grossman's arm was coming forward and the ball came loose.
"He straight-up fumbled," Peterson said. "They called it incomplete. I didn't understand that."
Quote:
A frustrated Mike Holmgren said ""We're a better team than they are"

.....and a leopard never changes its spots.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Cant these guys ever lose with class and dignity...
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz05 View Post
Cant these guys ever lose with class and dignity...

Apparently not...

And yet another "Whine and Cheese" party begins in Seattle.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

And Mike Holmgren has proven once again that he's incabable of shutting his mouth (not just at the Sunday buffet) and taking his loss like a man.

You stay classy Seattle.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Man it was great to see the Fat Man & Bald Eagle (Hasslebitch) get bounced out of the playoffs.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
And Mike Holmgren has proven once again that he's incabable of shutting his mouth (not just at the Sunday buffet) and taking his loss like a man.
I haven't been able to stand Holmgren since 1998 when the Broncos beat the Packers in the SB - he spent MONTHS afterward making one excuse after another as to why they lost. Mike - the better team won - both in 1998 and 2006. Deal with it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,974 Times in 1,849 Posts

Their the Bungals of the NFC. They lose and yet they still think their the better team. If they were still in the AFC they wouldnt of even made it to the playoffs with that record.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote