Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Suggestion to the mods.

Just a thought here. With the recent love fest of the new england patriots I think we should have a patriot discussion thread similar to the cowher threads. That way this can turn back into a steeler board.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Suggestion to the mods.

There are 7 sub-forums dedicated exclusively to all aspects of the Steelers and their fans.

Then we have another group of sub-forums that fall under the title of 'General Football' - this means you can discuss any team/player you wish.

So, very simply put, if you wish to read about the Steelers and only the Steelers, then you will find happiness in the former group of sub-forums.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
There are 7 sub-forums dedicated exclusively to all aspects of the Steelers and their fans.

Then we have another group of sub-forums that fall under the title of 'General Football' - this means you can discuss any team/player you wish.

So, very simply put, if you wish to read about the Steelers and only the Steelers, then you will find happiness in the former group of sub-forums.

NM
But yet all cowher discussions have to stick to one thread? but it's alright if there are 3 different patriot threads up on a STEELERS website.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
But yet all cowher discussions have to stick to one thread? but it's alright if there are 3 different patriot threads up on a STEELERS website.
Your original complaint was that this should return to being a 'Steelers board'.

The fact that there are numerous Patriots related threads in the NFL forum does not impact on the bandwidth dedicated to Steelers topics.

They are kept completely seperate in different sub-forums.

The reason that all the Cowher 'retirement' threads were stuck together because they were on exactly the same subject.

There is another dedicated thread to 'Cowhers successor' too, again because alot of people were cluttering up the forum with similar threads.

I would imagine that there were a great deal more than 3 threads dedicated to the Bengals in the Blast Furnace at numerous points during the season.

People tend to post on 'hot topics' - the Patriots happen to be one.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Your original complaint was that this should return to being a 'Steelers board'.

The fact that there are numerous Patriots related threads in the NFL forum does not impact on the bandwidth dedicated to Steelers topics.

They are kept completely seperate in different sub-forums.

The reason that all the Cowher 'retirement' threads were stuck together because they were on exactly the same subject.

There is another dedicated thread to 'Cowhers successor' too, again because alot of people were cluttering up the forum with similar threads.

I would imagine that there were a great deal more than 3 threads dedicated to the Bengals in the Blast Furnace at numerous points during the season.

People tend to post on 'hot topics' - the Patriots happen to be one.

NM
How come there isnt much mention of the other championship game? You would think that would be a hot topic as well. Funny how you bring up the Bengals. Last I checked the BENGALS are one of the STEELERS biggest rivals
Old 01-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
How come there isnt much mention of the other championship game? You would think that would be a hot topic as well. Funny how you bring up the Bengals. Last I checked the BENGALS are one of the STEELERS biggest rivals
Im afraid I dont have the answer to the question of why people arent posting more about the other Championship game.

Like I say, people just seem more interested in the AFC - more than likely because thats where the Steelers play their football.

The Bengals are one of the Steelers biggest rivals - but then you were asking for less Patriots talk and more Steelers talk.

Im saying the amount of Patriots or Patriots/Colts or Patriots/Chargers threads doesnt impact on the amount of Steeler content we have on this forum.

That was the basis of your original enquiry.

NM
Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Im afraid I dont have the answer to the question of why people arent posting more about the other Championship game.

Like I say, people just seem more interested in the AFC - more than likely because thats where the Steelers play their football.

The Bengals are one of the Steelers biggest rivals - but then you were asking for less Patriots talk and more Steelers talk.

Im saying the amount of Patriots or Patriots/Colts or Patriots/Chargers threads doesnt impact on the amount of Steeler content we have on this forum.

That was the basis of your original enquiry.

NM
You will have to show me where exactly I said there should be less Patriots talk. I believe I suggested having one Patriots discussion thread. So acutally that was the basis of my original enquiry.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
You will have to show me where exactly I said there should be less Patriots talk. I believe I suggested having one Patriots discussion thread. So acutally that was the basis of my original enquiry.
Ok.

NM
Old 01-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

Quote:
In the 'NFL Football' forum members may start as many Patriots or any other team threads besides the Steelers as they desire. This is an add-on to an already existing Steelers message board.
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #10
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Hey Big D,

No big deal, if you think about it; there won't be any more Pat's threads after this weekend anyhow.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote