Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #11
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117
Default Re: Peter King:The steelers are in the bottom third of the league

If he knew anything about sports he would not be writing for Sports Illustrated. With the internet, there are much better sources to get good info. I always find good sport blogs to read.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #12
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...layoffs/2.html

What the hell is this guy smoking.... the titans AND the rams are better than the steelers!!!

I hope the national media keeps piling on the black and gold... then we will stick it to em in 07

did you see the steelers this year? they were horrible. getting beaten by the worst team in the NFL too. imagine, losing to the raiders who are coached by art shell. that is truly embarrassing.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #13
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,174 Times in 1,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
did you see the steelers this year? they were horrible. getting beaten by the worst team in the NFL too. imagine, losing to the raiders who are coached by art shell. that is truly embarrassing.
Yep it is..especially when they couldnt score offensively.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #14
58Lambert
Water Boy

Member Number: 4660

Hey,
Just remember one thing... we were ONLY 8 games away from going undefeated this past year :)

All kidding aside, even if the Steelers did become “fat cats” after the long-awaited SB win, we still could have made the playoffs if it weren’t for all the turnovers. That’s what killed us the most… not because of the coach, not because of no pass-rush and not because of a poor secondary.
58Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

We didn't get beat in at least 4 of our loses. We beat ourselves (as much of a cliche as that is).

As for Peter King, he's an idiot! The only thing worse than listening to him is listening to Chris Collinsworth! I'd rather listen to John Madden talk gibberish on Sunday than listen to Peter King or read his worthless insight!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #16
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post
If he knew anything about sports he would not be writing for Sports Illustrated. With the internet, there are much better sources to get good info. I always find good sport blogs to read.
Hmmmm, lets see. As a writer, would I rather:

Write for Sports Illustrated, and get total access to training cams, locker rooms; have the largest audience of any sports medium, with both print AND internet readership, and GET PAID REALLY WELL TO DO IT....

OR, write a sports blog and get read by a few hundred people and get paid NOTHING.

Now as a reader, would I rather:

Read someone good with whose opinion I disagree, even though the writer has resouces that allow him access to a lot of information I'd never know otherwise...

OR, search out some obscure sports blog where the author's opinions match my own, even though he knows nothing more about the subject than I do.

The guy writes for SI because he is a good writer with lots of good insight. I'll take Peter King over any other NFL writer out there, except maybe Greg Easterbrook. There isn't a blog writer out there who wouldn't kill to trade places with him.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #17
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
We didn't get beat in at least 4 of our loses. We beat ourselves (as much of a cliche as that is).
Please explain to me what the difference is. Whether you didn't have the talent, or the talent didn't perform, in either case you can't count that as a win. And in neither case can you say that beating ones self means that a team deserves a higher ranking or rating.

King has often written that he could just as easily move a half a dozen teams around in the middle of the rankings, that the teams from 12 to 20 are almost interchangeable. Hey, we hammered the Saints pretty good. But we also lost to the Raiders pretty bad, and got hammered twice by one of the lesser playoff teams. Screw it, this season is over. But who could possibly rank the Steelers, at 8-8 with lots of disappointing losses, anywhere near the top 15 teams without using a seriously biased filter? I'd put us right around 17-18 or so.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

The difference in getting beat and beating yourself is simple (IMHO). When a team beats you, they do the things that Baltimore did against us. The Oakland game was not based on the raiders performance but instead on individual player's inability to execute - and IMHO that means we beat ourselves.

As for Peter King, he's just another overrated sports writer who after he got where he got, he forgot how to do his job. He may have access to all those things but it doesn't make his ability to interpret and transpose onto paper those ideas, great or even good! He's just like Chris Berman (the Bills) - jump on a bandwagon and ride it into the ground, only to resurrect it later (with the look what I said mentality)!

I'm not saying that the Steelers deserve to be at the top of the list but I definitely fill that on paper and looking at the players on the roster, they deserve to be up around the top 12 (regardless of record - which Peter King obviously has thrown out in some of his placements).

But you are right, this season is over. The only thing we can do now is move forward to 2007. New coach, New attitude, Another trophy!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #19
noto45
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 984

this is coming from the same guy who picked miami to win the superbowl this year!

"You play tough, you play smart, and above all ..... you play physical."
noto45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,777 Times in 3,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto45 View Post
this is coming from the same guy who picked miami to win the superbowl this year!
he picked dallas vs patriots.

my bad. he picked dallas over colts, with the colts beating the pats in the afcc game. he had the steelers at 10-6 and barely missing the playoffs

Last edited by tony hipchest; 01-17-2007 at 10:11 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote