Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-11-2005, 10:34 AM   #11
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Will you welcome back Hines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt
If he comes back during camp, I'll welcome him back.
I agree, I think I'm going to have a hard time welcoming back if he misses one game! But I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to deal with that!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474

I understand its all about business but a deals a deal. He signed a contract to play for THIS season and he should be out there practicing/playing THIS season.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #13
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481

I will he should get a long term deal so he stays its not like T.O. were T.O. has 6 years left on his deal

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #14
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I will definatly welcome him back.However,if he misses any of the regular season (which I doubt he will) I can't look at him as the ultimate team player because he hurt us when it counted,the season.If he misses all of camp,lets hope he was working at home to stay in shape.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #15
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Early on I won`t be happy.

But once I see him laying players out on blocks, Catching crucial third down passes, and that Hines Ward smile. Then I`ll welc0ome him back.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:00 PM   #16
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

A hold out happens every year and every year fans get on with their lives and root for the player.....I think the only hold out this season that will not be welcomed back is T.O......Face it with out Hines you won't have a great wide out on the team.....You will all welcome him back with no hard feelings and buy/wear his jersey everywhere.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #17
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

I will welcome him back. Lets just hope its sooner than later......
Old 08-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #18
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Here's the deal with Hines...he isn't here now so he viewed in a slight negative light. Regardless of how the contract turns out(us giving or him giving), as long as he comes back to us, and as soon as he goes across the middle and lays a block on a LB, stands over him and starts yaking, then all will be right in Pittsburgh. If he comes back and for some reason gets tight and doesn't enjoy the game or smile, then we will view him as different because he put too high a price on doing what he loved and was good at.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:18 PM   #19
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

well put.. When and If he does come back my arms are WIDE open.. I can't wait to check the news one night and see we've got him in camp and all is well again.. Not a Steelers fan anywhere can say they wouldn't like to see him back. You can't deny what he's done for us and in comparison to other contracts out there (i.e. Moss,Owens etc) he's WELL underpayed for the commitment,solidarity and all around kickass player he has grown to be. In my opinion there is not one receiver out there that gives the 200 percent like Hines does and never once have I heard him whine about "throw me the ball".. The controversy Owens and Moss have brought to there teams is chaos in the form of a hurricane compared to the sprinkle Hines has produced. And yet franchises have forked out Millions for these arrogant egos that do nothing but cause havoc for there teamates.. I truly believe he'll come to his sences and this will be resolved before the 1st game. You can always look at this 2 ways and the 2 ways are obvious but I still can't believe they won't kick down just a little more for the guy that's brought the biggest smile in football.... It's not like EVERY year someone is holding out for more money.. Not many people have the talent like Hines to even attempt it let alone achieve the goal. If the Steelers are worried about future outbreaks I think it's safe to say there in the clear.. No one else (except maybe Ben.. if he can stay consistent) could even come close to turn heads in a hold out.. But with both sides being stubborn in there stance, it's scary to think it could all end in a loss for everyone.... In the end though i just wish for it to be all over and want Hines sportin that #86 for life!!! I don't feel he's a money mongor even through all this as he's just fighting for what he truly deserves.. And you can't compare it to some guy in Iraq making 20,000 a year getting shot at.. In reality it holds no water.. Because as cruel as it sounds (and i don't want to sound cruel but there's no nice way to say it) no ones paying $100 a ticket to go see him fight in Iraq.. I love our troops,support them and hope to God for there safety so don't take this the wrong way. But there's a big difference as to why they get paid the way they do.. At least compare it to the guy at Mcdonalds if your gonna compare wages.. But everyone makes there own decisions in life and Hines chose to rock the house..So the other way to look at this is Hines makes 1.65 million a year or so.. and Moss will make $75 million in 8 years which is about 9.375 million a year give or take a dollar or 2.. Now.. tell me that Moss deserves almost 8 million a year more than Hines... (not saying Hines deserves that or anyone for that matter let alone Moss.....)but I can see where he's coming from and i'm sure most do.. I think what most people are upset about is that it's Hines Ward asking.. The humble team player that can do no wrong.. Well were all human and sometimes an itch needs to be scratched.. And after seeing some of these boneheads scorin big contracts ... the itch becomes unbearable.... I almost feel sorry for Hines in a way if you take away amounts.. It's almost a slap in the face to do all you could ever do for a team and not get a consideration and then look down the road to Phili and see some jackass causing havoc all over the place and getting paid millions for it... Anwyays.. sorry for rambling but I just want my Hinezy back!! now i must pray............:P
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #20
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Nicely put 24 !!!

I think there are a few other members of the team where the ramifications of a holdout would be pretty highly felt. Porter, Farrior, I'd even venture to say Polamalu in a couple more years.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote