Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default My Wish List for Tomlin's first year

Ok, now that the excitement has worn off (not really), I'd like to submit to Titanium Tomlin my wish list for the upcoming 2007 season:

1 - Revenge on the ratbirds. We were embarrassed twice by them. You want to earn instant loyalty from ALL Steelers fans - return the embarrassment!
2 - Destroy the bungles. I am so tired of hearing their fans rant and rave about all the talent on the team, blah, blah, bloody freakin' blah! Put them back in their place.
3 - Wipe the floor with the clowns. As pathethic of a team as they are, it doesn't mean you give them hope.
4 - Win the AFCN. For the last two years, someone else has had their one year wonder. Now it's time to stop the wonders from happening. Take control of the division that is rightfully the Black and Golds.
5 - It's not a long shot but people will write this team off because you are a new HC, but WIN THE SUPERBOWL...let's go with 4 in 5 years!

GIT 'R DONE!!!!

With all my support!
Steelers Truck

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254
Default Re: My Wish List for Tomlin's first year

A very reasonable list and I agree wholeheartedly !! GO STEELERS !!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Spot on stlrtruck, we definitely have the personell to git er' done. The Steelers have shown they are fully capable of handling the browns and the bungles. The games against the Ravens bothered me and I think that played a part in the coaching hire. We did no better the second game against them and that has to reflect on the coaching staff (Whiz and Grimm). Win the AFC North.

The Steelers have also shown they can handle the rest of the AFC elite Colts, Chargers and Patriots. But and this is a BIG BUT, we need to handle the Pats in the postseason. I have little doubt that the Steelers will return to the playoffs next season, we need someone that will PROTECT OUR HOUSE. The two losses at home to the Pats in the postseason were inexcuseable to me.

The Steelers will return to the top of the AFC North, but the goal is the Superbowl!!
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Florida_Steelers_Fan
Starter

Member Number: 4759

his first item of business will be building a rapport with his players...earning their trust. bill cowher built long and loyal relationships with these players. i had no concerns over the quotes (or lack of quotes) from the players. but everywhere this guy has coached he has created that sort of environment, so i have no concerns over this.

the one thing i like about bringing him to this organization is it will show us what this team is really made of. maybe cowher let some things slide this year following the super bowl victory? who knows, but i get the impression that if they don't play well they're not going to be handed long-term contracts (and many of them are due in the next couple years for new deals).

- get a coaching staff assimilated
- assess the weaknesses of this team and draft / FA accordingly (ie. pass rush, defensive backs (CB), offensive line, WR depth)
- build a relationship with roethlisberger...big ben is the key to the success of this offense. when he is mentally "on" we all know he has the physical tools...tomlin even made mention of such in his press conference.

i'm looking forward to what he (tomlin) brings. i believe the steelers found the "up-and-comer" of coaches and the rooney's appear to have found another gem.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

My biggest wish is for a hard nosed Offensive Coordinator who will build up our O-line...and keep opposing teams on their heels,..second guessing our every move.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

That is a very reasonable list.

We have handled the Clowns three straight years...we'll make it a fourth.

I know we can beat the Bungles twice in a year,we used to do it all the time.That team is in shambles,they don't know if their players will be in training camp or a jail cell.

The Ratbirds are dangerous,but those two losses were inexcusable.There is no way we should have lost that bad in either game.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Steelers_Fan View Post
his first item of business will be building a rapport with his players...earning their trust. bill cowher built long and loyal relationships with these players. i had no concerns over the quotes (or lack of quotes) from the players. but everywhere this guy has coached he has created that sort of environment, so i have no concerns over this.

the one thing i like about bringing him to this organization is it will show us what this team is really made of. maybe cowher let some things slide this year following the super bowl victory? who knows, but i get the impression that if they don't play well they're not going to be handed long-term contracts (and many of them are due in the next couple years for new deals).

- get a coaching staff assimilated
- assess the weaknesses of this team and draft / FA accordingly (ie. pass rush, defensive backs (CB), offensive line, WR depth)
- build a relationship with roethlisberger...big ben is the key to the success of this offense. when he is mentally "on" we all know he has the physical tools...tomlin even made mention of such in his press conference.

i'm looking forward to what he (tomlin) brings. i believe the steelers found the "up-and-comer" of coaches and the rooney's appear to have found another gem.

And good list, stlrtruck!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Wish List : Win or lose, dont beat self!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I only have one request for the Tomlinator (I love that, HTG!).....

Please, please, please........when one of those human beings dressed up as football players gets their noggin' scrambled, SIT HIM DOWN!!!!!! For as long as it takes!!! I don't want to see Ben or Troy or any other Steeler ever end up like Mike Webster ever again!!

I'll leave the obvious football type requests to everybody else.........this concussion thing just really worries me.

Revenge to all who dared to defeat us goes without saying...........
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #10
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

I think we just might able to do all of those. Maybe a new coach might bring a new life to the team. No one can ever replace what Cowher did, but we can try to live up to the Steelers coaching standard.

~Polamalufan43

P.S. As for destroying the Ratbirds, I don't care which coach we are under, as long as we do!