Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #21
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Steelergate - Could This Be True?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I can't understand the fundamental logic of the whole story.

Forget all about who said what, and when they said it.

Why would anybody in the Steelers organisation change their mind on their choice of HC, just because the commish suggested it?

What does the commish have to offer if the Steelers were to make good on the suggestion?

As for the other stuff, about contracts offered and what not - I have no idea - perhaps there was an element of playing one guy off against the other.

But I doubt it had anything to do with the 'Rooney rule' or Roger Goodall

NM

Exactly, F^&K profootballtalk.com

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Need more proof how shitty PFT is? This was posted on there today:

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EST, January 25, 2007
TERRY BRADSHAW DEAD?
We're picking up some unconfirmed reports from diverse sources that Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw died in a car accident on Thursday.
We don't know whether it's true, and if it is true the world would suddenly be a far less enjoyable place. If anyone knows about this, please drop us a line.
And Terry, if you're out there, let us know you're okay.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #23
rhino
Water Boy

Member Number: 4784

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
The poster who used it as a source is #1, new here, and #2, didn't know that PFT is the National Enquirer of the NFL. He/she knows that now and acknowledged it. Please cut him/her some slack.

After reading some comments about that site, I quickly realized they might be "fun" to read but would probably only get things right if they somehow got lucky. It really does look like a tabloid for football.

In any case, thanks for the insight on what the rest of you think of this situation. I really do feel sad that the head coaching hiring went down like this. I have always thought of the Steelers as the class organization of the NFL - I know i's a bit arrogant but I always thought "we" don't have problems in "our" organization. This only happens to teams like Oakland and Arizona.

It seems that things will work themselves out just fine now though. The more I read about Tomlin and hear him speak, the more I like him. I really think outside change is going to help the Steelers because we won't have a bunch of cream puffs who might just be hanging on as Coach Cowher favorites. Hopefully Coach Tomlin will put every position up for grabs and make every man earn his starting spot - that would be awesome!

I don't know what I'm going to do after Super Bowl Sunday. I can hardly contain myself already thinking about the 2007 season! By the way, I will be moving home to Pittsburgh for good after traveling the world in the Navy for the last 8 years. If anyone knows where I could get a PSL, I would be willing to pay top dollar
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I think you guys should cut profootballtalk some slack - right there in the address bar it says 'rumormill'.

Personally, I find it pretty fascinating stuff - the key is to take it for what it is - rumors and inside talk from people who are 'in the know' or who just think they are.

I can't remember them trying to pass off a story as 'fact' and then have it turn out to be nonsense - something even regular media like the Tribune has fallen foul of.

Its football gossip, and it'll be handy companion in the long, long offseason.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I think you guys should cut profootballtalk some slack - right there in the address bar it says 'rumormill'.

Personally, I find it pretty fascinating stuff - the key is to take it for what it is - rumors and inside talk from people who are 'in the know' or who just think they are.

I can't remember them trying to pass off a story as 'fact' and then have it turn out to be nonsense - something even regular media like the Tribune has fallen foul of.

Its football gossip, and it'll be handy companion in the long, long offseason.

NM
You bring up a good point...check the rumors at theredzone.com..from aug of last year...some of them are laughable..but I dont believe at the time they were trying to distort the truth.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote