Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #21
SteelFist
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 84
Default Re: A. Smith.....Cap Casualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
JEEBUS!!! I thought the title meant Anthony Smith! Don't scare me like that! LOL...
Sorry man....lol

"That guy across from me, he has to do one or two things, either raise his level of play or get his a-- kicked all day" - Greg Lloyd
SteelFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Steelers_Fan View Post
i really like davenport - i'd keep him over haynes if i had to choose (if the money is there, but he might show some loyalty in that the steelers gave him a chance).

i'm torn on porter...for a guy who wanted more money he sure didn't play like it. he's not worth $6 million, so he's certainly not worth more.
Yep.. keep Davenport and give up Haynes.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #23
SteelFist
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
porter is nothing more than a mouth. cutting porter will be the same as when the steelers cut gildon. the guy is old, inconsistent, overrated and overpaid.
I disagree! Porter is playing at a much higher level than Gildon was his last season here. But if either Porter or Smith leaves, it will be a huge void to fill.

"That guy across from me, he has to do one or two things, either raise his level of play or get his a-- kicked all day" - Greg Lloyd
SteelFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:20 AM   #24
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Both Marvel and Aaron could be asked to redo there contracts this year. Marvel with more of a cap hit then Aaron.

If we would cut Porter before 6-1 would be great. 5mil more we would have to play with.

If we would cut Gardocki before 6-1 would get us almost another 1mil and open up room for a new fresher leg in Matt, which would help the ST out.

Casey Hampton could also be asked to re work his contract do to the big hit we have from him of over 6mil.

Farrior, Faneca, Keisel, Kirschke, all others that could also re work if needed to free up money.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #25
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Aaron Smith is one of, if not..THE most underrated DE in the entire league. Unfortunately he doesn't get the pub that other DE get because we run the 3-4. If we ran a 4-3 (do ya hear me Mike Tomlin??) his name would get mentioned right up there with Seymour. This guy consistently gets double teamed and still finds a way to the ball. With that being said, the man needs to end his career with the Steelers.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #26
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFist View Post
I disagree! Porter is playing at a much higher level than Gildon was his last season here. But if either Porter or Smith leaves, it will be a huge void to fill.
i meant if porter leaves or gets cut it won't affect the defense in a negative way

it will most likely have a positive affect.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #27
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
JEEBUS!!! I thought the title meant Anthony Smith! Don't scare me like that! LOL...
In 07 the loss of Aaron would far outweigh the loss of Anthony but it's a moot point. Anthony Smith is under contract for 2-3 more seasons.

I think he'll restructure.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #28
slashsteel

Member Number:

I agree Dirtt. Anthony has a long way to go to show the consistancy that Aaron has shown for us.

I don't think you will see Porter or Starks cut or let go. Starks has the skills to improve, and Porter wants to stay a Steeler and will take less IMO to stay. The media is the one who ( no surpise) that twisted things to the point where some think he only will stay if he gets a bigger contract. I am one of the ones who think otherwise.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #29
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

slashsteel, porter will NOT play in Pittsburgh for a lesser contract.... it is a business... this will probably be the last contract he ever signs.... he WILL go to the top bidder.... and it wont be the Steelers
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote