Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-30-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default High School football sig

High school football kicks off the last week in August, so I made a sig for my school

The two guys pictured are the best athletes to come out of Miamisburgh High Scool....

The guy on the left is Greg Zolman. He graduated with me in 1997....he was highly recruited but chose to go to Vanderbilt because of the chance to start as a freshman, and for academic reasons. Although he never had a winning season..... he did go on to break nearly every school passing record, and a few of SEC records. He went to camp with the Packers and Colts, but is currently in Bills camp. He has worked with them for a couple seasons, and even has played in NFL Europe.

The guy on the right is Matt Muncy....he is a beast. He played RB and SS at MHS. He owns every school rushing record, and many conference and state rushing records. He was an amazing power runner who had over 2000 yards and 30 TD's in nearly every season since starting on varsity as a freshman. He was recruited by big time schools like Ohio State and Michigan, but they said he did not have the break-away speed to be an elite college RB. They wanted him to play at Saftey or Linebacker....He chose to attend Ohio Univ. (OU) where he would be given a shot to start at RB. He was given a chance, but right away the coaches new his strengh and speed combination coupled with his intensity, would be better suited for SS or LB. He played a SS/LB position as a freshman, but his sophomore year he came in 25 pounds heavier and was ready to take over at Middle Linbacker. He played great and was one of the best players on the defense leading the team in tackles. He won the MAC defensive player of the week multiple times.....one game against Buffalo he had 22 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 interception, and a fumble recovery returned for a 98 yard TD. Wow, huh!!! This season he will be one of the only Junior captains in school history. Although Matt is a few years younger than me, we do have mutual friends, and I see him at bars or get-togethers sometimes. Last time I talked to him he was confident he will get a shot at someones camp, and hope to impress them enough to play in the NFL.

Last edited by BB2W; 07-31-2005 at 02:12 AM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: High School football sig

Nice job as usual bro !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Nice sig BB2W. I like the lettering on it.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #4
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

If anyone else wants a high school sig, jusy let me know. I will need the full name of the school you graduated from....I am sure I can find the logo on the net. I will also need the names of any athletes that went on to play division one, or NFL football, and maybe a picture of the school....
Old 07-31-2005, 01:34 AM   #5
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

I played baseball and basketball for the burg as a freshman, but the highlight of my sports career may have came in football practice as a freshman. Near the end of every practice we would do an offensive drill from our own 20 yard line, and a drill in the redzone. I played second string cornerback, and on the third play from our own 20 yard line the slot ran a three step out. I was playing nickle and read it from the snap.....I picked off a perfectly thrown ball by Greg Zolman, and returned it for a TD.....I started high steppin around the 7 yard line. Every defensive player on the roster started going crazy and cheering. It was awesome...

I eventually quit playing football, and basketball my sophomore year due to multiple concussion syndrome. I continued to play baseball, but was eventually was beat out of a varsity spot by a better catcher. As a back-up my entire career, that INT may have been my career highlight....pathetic, huh.

For the record, I wore the #26 most of my life..... for Rod Woodson. :D

Last edited by BB2W; 07-31-2005 at 04:04 AM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:42 AM   #6
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Good stuff I just started playing again! Im at a jc rite now i played high school ball to tho! Im a db!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:05 PM   #7
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481

The best guy to come out off my high school was troy vinctent the Saftey for the bills

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:16 AM   #8
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

May be cool. Curtis Martin went to the high school I went to. I don't think I could sport a sig with a Jets player on it during the season though lol.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:40 AM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I have had two high schools. One Uniontown P.A. Is home of Chuck Muncie. and my other is home of Don Shula. Where I live right now the local high school has had some pretty damn good football players, about 7 pros. Most notably to me anyway is Joe Jerivius