Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Pittsburgh Panthers 2007 Schedule

Pitt announces 2007 football schedule
Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The University of Pittsburgh announced today its 2007 football schedule, which includes 12-regular season games and seven home contests at Heinz Field.

The schedule includes games against six teams that advanced to bowl games in 2006; three teams that finished among the top 12 in the final national rankings; non-conference games against the Atlantic Coast Conference and Big Ten; and the resumption of Pitt's historic series with the Naval Academy, which has advanced to four consecutive bowl games.

Beginning on Monday, Feb. 5, fans can purchase season tickets via the Internet at PittsburghPanthers.com, by phone (800/643-PITT) or in person at the Petersen Events Center ticket office.

Season-ticket packages range in price from $99 to $199, and there are two new promotions for the season. The "1st and 10" promotion provides fans the opportunity to buy one season ticket at full price and get the second for only $10. The "7 in '07" plan allows groups of four or more to reserve tickets for $77.

Current season-ticket holders who renew online will receive a $10 discount. Single-game tickets, if available, will not go on sale until August.

All times are to be announced.

Sept. 1 Eastern Michigan
Sept. 8 Grambling
Sept. 15 at Michigan State
Sept. 22 Connecticut
Sept. 29 at Virginia
Oct. 6 OPEN
Oct. 13 Navy
Oct. 20 Cincinnati
Oct. 27 at Louisville
Nov. 3 Syracuse
Nov. 10 OPEN
Nov. 17 at Rutgers
Nov. 24 South Florida
Dec. 1 at West Virginia

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07032/758620-100.stm
Old 02-02-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
daleemnm
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 166
Default Re: Pittsburgh Panthers 2007 Schedule

Why isnt the Backyard Brawl on Thanksgiving night anymore?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

It surprises me as well dale. But hey, a win can provide either a Big Lift if they go to the Bowl Season(which at this point WVU looks like a LOCK)

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I am not much on PITT Football but do they have a good team coming up this coming season? And who are the players to watch on this team?
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Pitt lands top-ranked recruiting class

By Kevin Gorman
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, February 8, 2007

When the final letter of intent transmitted through the facsimile at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, it marked the completion of a recruiting class that had been unimaginable even to Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt.

The Class of 2007 ended as it began for Pitt, with a fantastic flourish. The Panthers overcame a six-loss season by signing a star-studded class that ranks as the best in the Big East Conference and No. 9 nationally by Scout.com.

"I can't wait until we start winning eight, nine, 10 games a year, with the job these guys on this staff are doing," Wannstedt said. "Coming off a six-win season is really a credit to all these people. It's incredible. When we start winning nine games a year, we'll start having some fun."

Pitt started with a commitment from Keystone Oaks All-American offensive guard Chris Jacobson, added the state's top quarterback in Manheim Township's Pat Bostick and a talented tailback in Harrisburg's LeSean McCoy and finished with highly touted defensive end in Florida's Jabaal Sheard, who was the last player to sign.

The Panthers addressed multiple needs by signing 10 linemen, three linebackers, three defensive backs, four running backs and a quarterback. Of the 25 recruits, 16 are from Pennsylvania (four WPIAL, one City League), four from Florida and one each from Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina and Ohio.

Although McCoy is considered Pitt's marquee recruit -- Wannstedt said the Panthers needed to "get him here as fast as we can, (and) get him the ball" -- the class is filled with prospects who are expected to contribute early and often.

"They're going to play," Wannstedt said. "The film doesn't lie. We don't give scholarships to anyone unless we watch them on film. They're all good football players, and coaching them will be the easy part. Players win games.

"You've got to have talent to win. The key is to get a good foundation of talented players that are accountable and have the desire to go out and be the best. That's what we're building here."

Penn State

The Nittany Lions landed a class that ranks among the nation's top 25 by scouting services, thanks to their ability to fortify their offensive line.

That group includes Central Catholic All-American Stefen Wisniewski, Southern Columbia's Josh Marks, Milford Academy's J.B. Walton and junior-college transfers Nerraw McCormick and Ako Poti.

"I think it's just amazing the offensive line talent Penn State has coming in, both from the prep and junior college ranks," SuperPrep publisher Allen Wallace said. "Penn State is not in the habit of taking junior college kids, but this year they got two offensive linemen, and both are listed on the SuperPrep Juco Top 100 Team. I also like Stefen Wisniewski; he's one of the best guards in the country.

"Add in Josh Marks and J.B. Walton, and it really shows Joe Paterno is taking care of major needs on the offensive line."

Wisniewski is one of four WPIAL recruits, joining receivers Jon Ditto (Gateway) and Derek Moye (Rochester) and Greensburg Central Catholic safety Nick Sukay.

What the Lions failed to do was attract a top-flight tailback, despite late attempts to land McCoy and Broderick Green of Little Rock, Ark., who signed with Southern Cal.

Penn State also added another solid linebacker class, with State College's Nate Stupar, Michigan's Chris Colasanti and Ohio's Andrew Dailey, and a potential star at defensive end in Devon Still of Wilmington, Del.

West Virginia

The Mountaineers appeared to pull off a recruiting coup when they received a commitment from All-American tailback Noel Devine.

That was followed by the Devine intervention of Deion Sanders, as the former Florida State cornerback convinced the North Fort Myers, Fla., star to reconsider.

West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez otherwise managed to keep his class intact despite losing his recruiting coordinator and offensive line and receivers coaches. The Mountaineers added WPIAL linemen in Seton-La Salle's Gino Gradkowski and Seneca Valley's Donny Barclay.

Most importantly, West Virginia strengthened its linebacker corps with Ohio's Vince Harris and Will Johnson, and junior-college transfer Archie Sims, and added a possible shut-down cornerback in Ellis Lankster.

"The goal, I think, of every Division I football program is to have competition at every position to elevate everybody's play," Rodriguez said. "We really felt that we needed that, particularly at linebacker and at corner on our defense. ... I think we addressed that in this class."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_492247.html
Old 02-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I am not much on PITT Football but do they have a good team coming up this coming season? And who are the players to watch on this team?
They have some good WR's in Derek Kinder & Oderick "OD" Turner. LaRod Stephens-Howling improved last year at the RB position. Kennard Cox is a pretty good DB. But on defense, most of the more talented guys are leaving. Tyler Palko will be gone, so it'll be interesting to see if Bill Stull can fill in at QB. I don't know how to the team will be this season with everyone leaving, but it'll be fun to watch...
Old 02-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Sounds like Pitt had a great signing period
The RB LeShawn McCoy sounds like a stud and to land the top QB in your land must be a great thing as well. Considering Pittsburgh is known for atleast one great QB.. Dan Marino and I guess maybe Jim Kelly.. I hope that ya'll do well and I will be watching..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

Sounds like Pitt had a great signing period
The RB LeShawn McCoy sounds like a stud and to land the top QB in your land must be a great thing as well. Considering Pittsburgh is known for atleast one great QB.. Dan Marino and I guess maybe Jim Kelly.. I hope that ya'll do well and I will be watching..
The Pittsburgh area is home to numerous HOF QB's Namath Montana, Unitas.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

The pick up of McCoy should help power your run game for awhile.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5008

As a Penn State fan, I wish that schedule included the Nittany Lions on it somewhere. Sept. 1, first game of the season, would be ideal for both teams. Pitt is scheduled to face E. Michigan, while the Lions take on Fla. International. Why not Pitt vs Penn St., first game of the year, every year. Ita has worked for FSU vs Miami. I know Paterno is most at blame here. It is just very unfortunate that the great football fans of the state of Pennsylvania can no longer look forward to the two best D-1 schools from their state squaring off on an annual basis. I for one, really miss this rivalary.
1207 is offline   Reply With Quote