Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default For anyone in New York State...

...none other than our own beloved JEROME BETTIS is on CenterStage on YES right now, if you're able to tune in. Trust me, I'd never even click through that channel were it not for a friend who mentioned a rereun of his prior appearance airing tonight.

It seems to be a very open and frank discussion of his childhood and career thus far...might be a very interesting, hour-long interview...

-Deej
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default Re: For anyone in New York State...

Apologies for replying to my own post, but I have to admit, this is a great interview. Thus far, Jerome has discussed everything from playing on the street as a young child to his days at Notre Dame and the eventual trade from LA to Pittsburgh.

I'm a Pittsburgh native living in Syracuse, NY myself, but he just gave me a great reminder of my heritage: in his comments about "Pittsburgh falling in love with [him], and [him] falling in love with Pittsburgh," he went into a somewhat lengthy commentary of the city being a blue-collar town that valued substance and character over flashiness.

Honestly, I haven't been a huge fan of his post-retirement work as a commentator, but I have to wonder if his performance isn't a byproduct of having his role scripted. In this interview, he's very poised, confident, and articulate. Though he's clearly playing the part of the humble champion, even in discussions of his fumble in the Conference Championship game, he really is responding and representing himself and our team well.

I think this is the side of The Bus I'd like to see more during telecasts...clearly unscripted, but still very informed and insightful...
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
slashsteel

Member Number:

If you find a video feed of it be sure to post it. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Do a search for "Jerome Bettis" on Google Video, and several excerpts from that interview come up.

There are also two excerpts in the YES Network's Center Stage archives:

http://www.yesnetwork.com/media/arch...d=&y=2006&m=11

Last edited by alittlejazzbird; 02-02-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: corrected information
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote