Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #1
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 3729
Default Anyone feel this way?

Ok so i've been folowing the media around SB XLI and to tell you the truth I'm pretty disgusted by it. To me the media is making the suber bowl into the PEYTON MANNING bowl and not a contest between two teams that made it to the big show to see which TEAM is the best. I find it kind of absurd in some ways about how they are basically show casing the event around one guy.

What do you have so say about it?

WIN OR LOSE.........I still bleed black and gold.
Http://www.Myspace.com/Trappedinemerica
BOXCAR JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,167 Times in 3,485 Posts
Default Re: Anyone feel this way?

i havent really noticed that, but he is a superstar. ive seen just about as much stuff about good rex/bad rex. anyways last year jerome bettis was a central story line. the media's gotta do what they gotta do, i mean what else are they gonna talk about? the life and times of rickey proehl?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

If anything, it's the Tony Dungy vs Lovie Smith Bowl. I've seen more stories and coverage pertaining to those two compared to Peyton Manning finally getting to a Super Bowl. At least from what I've noticed.

Eitherway, I'm sure many (outside Steeler nation) were saying the same last season when all we heard was "Jerome is going back home".
Old 02-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,167 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
If anything, it's the Tony Dungy vs Lovie Smith Bowl. I've seen more stories and coverage pertaining to those two compared to Peyton Manning finally getting to a Super Bowl. At least from what I've noticed.

Eitherway, I'm sure many (outside Steeler nation) were saying the same last season when all we heard was "Jerome is going back home".
what i like best about the tony/lovie bowl coverage is that them being black has taken a back seat to how they are both strongly convicted Christians who wear their faith on their sleeves, and their soft demeanor, nice guy coaching styles. i think ive heard just about as much of the fact that they dont yell at their players or curse, as them being black.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I haven't listened to the media since like Monday afternoon. So the last thing I heard was it was more about two black coaches that used to work together.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I haven't paid much attention to the sports media this past week. Tough maybe I will in a few hours. Comcast is installing my Digital HD cable package today. I'm gonna be watching the big game in High Def!

anyway... This is why I have avoided the sports media. I was already sick of hearing about Manning.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXCAR JOEY View Post
Ok so i've been folowing the media around SB XLI and to tell you the truth I'm pretty disgusted by it. To me the media is making the suber bowl into the PEYTON MANNING bowl and not a contest between two teams that made it to the big show to see which TEAM is the best. I find it kind of absurd in some ways about how they are basically show casing the event around one guy.

What do you have so say about it?
Thats the deal with QB's - they take alot of heat when it all goes wrong, and alot of the praise when it works out.

Its natural enough for the QB of the favored team to get alot of press - Manning has been a regular season superstar for many years now.

Its fair to say that alot of the talking heads genuinely feel that Manning 'deserves' a ring for his outstanding services to regular season record breaking.

There is obviously a huge market for Peyton Manning (thats what all those adverts show) so it makes sense for the hype to centre around him.

The color of the coaches is like an interesting 'factoid' , an eyebrow raiser and nothing more, it plays no part in what will happen on the field on sunday - Mannings ability (or inability) to produce in the biggest game of the year remains relevant.

I think the Bears will have lost some of the edge of having a bye week.

Just like the Patriots run out of steam against the Colts after the Bolts, I think the Colts may have had trouble in the latter stages of this game were it played a week earlier.

Hopefully it will be a tightly contested game.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

This is how I feel about the Super Bowl. Yes Manning is getting a ton of attention. Thats nothing new and I'm use to it anyway since I live in Indiana. But what I have learned from this Super Bowl media week is Marvin Harrison should never talk. He sounds like a whining ho so he should just shut the hell up. But thats nothing new for Harrison also. He always whines how the Pats DB's play to physical.

Plus Devin Hester is another person that should never open his mouth. I heard a interview he did this week. I couldn't even understand one word he said. That great education at the U proves there is no possible way he passed a college class.lol

Oh did you know that both Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are the first African-American HC's to coach in the Super Bowl. The media just won't let that rest. I understand how important that is for the history of the league. But I don't see skin color and to me they are just great coaches/men.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
This is how I feel about the Super Bowl. Yes Manning is getting a ton of attention. Thats nothing new and I'm use to it anyway since I live in Indiana. But what I have learned from this Super Bowl media week is Marvin Harrison should never talk. He sounds like a whining ho so he should just shut the hell up. But thats nothing new for Harrison also. He always whines how the Pats DB's play to physical.

Plus Devin Hester is another person that should never open his mouth. I heard a interview he did this week. I couldn't even understand one word he said. That great education at the U proves there is no possible way he passed a college class.lol

Oh did you know that both Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are the first African-American HC's to coach in the Super Bowl. The media just won't let that rest. I understand how important that is for the history of the league. But I don't see skin color and to me they are just great coaches/men.
The more Harrison talks the more it actually puts me off him.

You read those interviews about how he has Sorgi shuttle messages back and forth between him and Peyton and the sideline?

Did you know that he didnt talk to Peyton for something like 3 days after the AFCCG finished this year...as soon as the game finished he was into the locker room and on his way home.

I understand the whole anti-media thing, but not having any time for teammates is divisive and smacks of arrogance.

The guy is a fantastic receiver, some of those plays he makes are amazing , but no-one should confuse him for a team player - he regularly sulks on the sideline if he doesn't see enough ball in a particular game.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote