Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-03-2007, 06:50 AM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Coach Tomlin and Ben Have Dinner

Good to hear that Ben and Coach Tomlin are both making the effort to develop a relationship early on.

I'm also glad to hear that Ben is going to lay low and work on regaining his focus during the off-season. He went through quite a lot last season and needs this time to get his mojo back without distraction.

I hope he drove his SUV to meet Tomlin for dinner.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #12
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Good move on Coach's part!

Always meet with the guy that will make or break you. Ben will more then likely be here 10 years from now, coach tomlin I'm not so sure of.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

I have to agree. Ben needs to have a good rapport with his Coach. They need to get along and understand each other, as do all the other players. It's nice to here that he's focused on his career, or at least it looks like it.

~Polamalufan43
Old 02-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #14
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

You know, one of the (many) things that impressed me early on with Coach Tomlin was what he had to say about his first conversation with Ben (from January 24th Post-Gazette):

"Tomlin has not met Roethlisberger, but he talked with him by phone the other day.

'I told him, the big thing, in order for us to be uniquely successful, we have to have unique relationships,' Tomlin said. 'That's not something that's going to happen today or tomorrow. We cannot rush that process. We have to move forward. Along the way, understand we're going to get to know each other. If we let our veneer down and be unselfish, it can be special. That was my message to him.'"

If Ben is receptive to that approach, and I have every reason to think he will be until or unless I hear otherwise, then I see their futures together as extremely promising. All indications are that relationships and communication are two of Tomlin's greatest strengths. In any business, it's no secret that when the boss is a great communicator, highly ethical and of strong character, and is put in charge of guiding and molding employees who are highly talented, motivated, and receptive to that boss, the result is almost always great success.

I know there are people on this board who will disagree, and I respect your right to your opinion, but from where I sit, the future looks pretty bright for our Steelers!

Last edited by alittlejazzbird; 02-03-2007 at 06:28 PM.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
You know, one of the (many) things that impressed me early on with Coach Tomlin was what he had to say about his first conversation with Ben (from January 24th Post-Gazette):

"Tomlin has not met Roethlisberger, but he talked with him by phone the other day.

'I told him, the big thing, in order for us to be uniquely successful, we have to have unique relationships,' Tomlin said. 'That's not something that's going to happen today or tomorrow. We cannot rush that process. We have to move forward. Along the way, understand we're going to get to know each other. If we let our veneer down and be unselfish, it can be special. That was my message to him.'"

If Ben is receptive to that approach, and I have every reason to think he will be until or unless I hear otherwise, then I see their futures together as extremely promising. All indications are that relationships and communication are two of Tomlin's greatest strengths. In any business, it's no secret that when the boss is a great communicator, highly ethical and of strong character, and is put in charge of guiding and molding employees who are highly talented, motivated, and receptive to that boss, the result is almost always great success.

I know there are people on this board who will disagree, and I respect your right to your opinion, but from where I sit, the future looks pretty bright for our Steelers!
Yep. I would have to agree!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #16
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Maybe Coach Tomlin had dinner with Ben to ask for the keys to anything he owns that doesnt have four wheels ..
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
Maybe Coach Tomlin had dinner with Ben to ask for the keys to anything he owns that doesnt have four wheels ..
Yeah, wouldn't that be nice.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #18
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Good thing is we havent see any pics on you tube of the 2 of them getting their drink on.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #19
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post

You need to post more....good opinion..
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:35 AM   #20
DJfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1676

What do you bet Ben included the "Let's not play to not lose" speach he gave Cowher last off-season. It looked like that really bugged him. I hope they unleash Ben, and teach him at the same time.

BTW, some of you were just plain wrong about our future. It looks INSANELY bright!!

Here comes number 7!!!

http://www.socalsteelcitymafia.com
DJfan is offline   Reply With Quote