Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Super Bowl XLI Game Thread

This is the thread for all in game talk for Super Bowl XLI

Who are we passing the torch to???? Got 60 Minutes of Football to be played first.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Super Bowl XLI Game Thread

Go Bears!

I think the Colts hold most of the aces in this game, certainly on paper.

I expect the Bears to pass early and often on 1st downs to try and open up the running game for Thomas and Benson.

The Colts will try to be balanced on offense, they have enough weapons to win anyway they want.

Big match up will be Urlacher v Clark and Berrian v whichever Colts DB gets him.

Im going to be at work for this one, but im taping the game.

Enjoy the Bowl boys and girls.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Stillers43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2322

DA BEARS! Got to root for the underdog. Plus, I don't think I could root for any other AFC team besides the Steelers!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
Stillers43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Colts...I will have a hard time refering to Rex Grossman as a Superbowl champion quarterback.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,032 Times in 4,566 Posts

tough game to call. the wind and rain could slightly favor the bears. if it was 75 degrees and humid, i'd say it would slightly favor the colts. i dont think either team comes out too tight. there could be 24 points scored in the 1st half which is unusual for a sb. for the bears to win i think b. urlacher has to turn in a mvp type performance. he should shut down d. clark, and like ty law, i dont think manning should test him too often. if the colts win, i think it will be tough to choose the mvp between, addai, harrison, and manning. in that case the nod probably goes to manning.

watch for rickey proehl. he replaces b. stokely. im not for sure, but the last time the bears and colts played was during mannings record breaking year and stokely had a productive game. proehl was brought in for his experience. he has 2 clutch td's at critical moments in the sb. once for the rams, and once for the panthers. i expect him to have a td and/ or a huge 3rd down conversion late in the game when it may be needed most. flushing urlacher out with clark couls leave a crossing pattern or post route wide open for the slot wr.

im not a firm believer in "bad rex" for this game. if the bears lose, i dont think it will be on his shoulders, just like seattle losing last year wasnt on hasselbecks shoulders. i dont think they will play scared, and i look for them to go deep early. the bears offense, and especially their wr corps is under rated. anyone remember mushin in the sb vs. the pats? harper will be tested with his bum ankle. the colts should anticipate this and provide help over the top. this could open things up for berrian, davis, and desmond clark (who could be a darkhorse for mvp if the bears win)
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

I went to my new addiction ..uh I mean site http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp
played out today's game three times at Joe Robbie with normal weather...interesting, the Bears won every time with the tightest score being 28-26 ...I was expecting the opposite result ...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
Stillers43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2322

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
I went to my new addiction ..uh I mean site http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp
played out today's game three times at Joe Robbie with normal weather...interesting, the Bears won every time with the tightest score being 28-26 ...I was expecting the opposite result ...
Cool site! Got DA BEARS twice!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
Stillers43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592

I guess Brady wasn't available for the coin toss this year - - - - Dan Marino and Lamar Hunt's widow will be doing the honors.....
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,032 Times in 4,566 Posts

great piece on bill walsh on the pre game show. good to hear his cancer is in remission. i never rooted for the 49ers, but definitely respect what a great coach he was.

how people can try to place jerks like belichick in the same class as lombardi, let alone as an equal to greats such as walsh, noll, landry, gibbs, and even levy is beyond me. greatness is measured by more than just the rings. it is also measured by those you impact, and walsh has influenced the league and affected those he has worked with as much as anybody.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Go Bears. Manning's overdue for a playoff failure. Plus I always root for the Underdog.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote