Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #61
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: Official Steelers vs Eagles Game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
Final score, Steelers 20 Eagles 17 With us scoring on both offense and defense.

Never be afraid to make a bold prediction.
Never thought it would happen on the first play though!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:25 PM   #62
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

I thought you looked pretty good. You're about where we were at against Cincy. What you want is some film to coach off of, and now you have it. That'll help your DBs. The offensive timing always takes a while to come around.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #63
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120
Thumbs up Re: Official Steelers vs Eagles Game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I was wondering what everyone's top 5 impressive players were?

Top 5 Players That Impressed
1. James Harrison
2. Fred Gibson
3. Noah Herron
4. Nate Washington
5. Ricardo Colclough

My players who didn't impress were Alonzo Jackson and Charlie Batch.
Batch didn't impress me much either. For a 3rd sting QB, St. Pierre is my pick. He light it up on that quick score later in the game.

I agree with all your top 5. Colclough did very well on D.

It will be nice to see how things are once the D tightens up heading into the start of the season. Opponents, be scared!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #64
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

Jeez,,,, Big Ben picked up where he left off last season 57 QB rating,,, are you guys afraid to have him pass or what? He only made 4 attempts. Sounds like the regular season.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 PM   #65
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

There were a couple of players that stood out in my mind.

1. N. Herron while he didn't dazzle he did show that he'll be around for awhile. He showed a lot of grit running behind a make shift line.

2. F. Gibson he did make a bone head play by letting the corner get underneath him for an INT. But he did show potential by going after balls and his willingness to block down field. I think in a few years will be just as in love with Freds abilities as we are with H. Ward.

3. I. Taylor will I think he could be more effective by playing closer to the line of scrimmage and pressing receivers. I still think he kept the play in front of him and made the open field tackle. He by far is the fastest corner we have and the Steelers should take advantage of that. I don't think him playing 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage his helping him in any way. It's pre-season a time and place for coaches and players to take chances. I think if utilized properly he could actually be one of our better corners. IMO

4. TE's even though they only accounted for 4 catches 52 yards while some may see this as a small feat I see this as a stepping stone. You can see from the pass interference call involving H. Miller that teams realize that we now have a receiving threat at the TE position.

5. H. Ward while most still criticize him for holding out for those 15 days but he didn't or hasn't missed to much. I think H. Ward could of played last night if needed. While I do think money played a large role in coming back. I am really glad he chose to return even though I have faith in C. Wilson and ARE. I really wouldn't want to see these to running routes the entire season.

Players that I felt didn't help themselves

1. A. Jackson
while I watched his every move one he stepped on the field in the 2nd quarter. He should absolutely nothing while the eagles did roll a RB to his side a few times. I think he doesn't have enough pass rushing moves to become a good OLB for the Steelers. While I do think he would of been better used at DE. IMO

2. ARE while I think he has a great future ahead of him. He always seems to short arm catches as evident by his drop pass yesterday. Now I know that you can't judge a player off of one play. But ARE been doing this type of thing for awhile and he's going to have to be come more reliable for the Steelers to be successful.

3. C. Hope while the Steelers did not release there whole arsenal I did see Hope out of position a few times are those long 3rd down completions. While I do think he will be the most improved player on defense. I still think he has played a little inconsistent at times and he's going to have to improve vastly if the Steelers are to maintain or improve on there pass defense from last year.

4. Willie Williams I was never a supporter of him starting anyway so seems him get his jock twisted by a rookie proved my point even more. I'd rather have one of our young corners out there making that mistake then a 34 year-old veteran. I say let Willie mentor the young corners and teach them things that he see's and knows.

5. T. Maddox while some may see C. Batch as being the weakest link. I see T. Maddox as that person. Quick slant to Gibson terrible read even I seen he wasn't in good position to make that catch. The lob pass on the outside he did even have any pressure he should of pulled it down and found he secondary receiver. The pass to Z. Cobb even though Cobb had both hands on the ball was way outside. The Steelers really need to take a long look at the back up QB and see who has more value
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #66
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

those are some good observations there, well done. I agree with your players that stood out.

I also agree that Zo jackson is doing nothing so far to warrant that 95 he has on his uniform. Not that he should be compared to Lloyd by any stretch, but atleast he outta be showing some signs of improvement somewhere.

Willie is a crafty veteran, he's quick enough to recover, and he did slip on a couple occasions in coverage. He'll be ok, and I think we need his experience opposite deshea atleast to start the season, and if coc, taylor or mcfadden steps up, then we can always insert them as time goes on.

ARE, he like all the veteran, arent going full bore, doing anything in preseason even close to what they can do. If you talk to any veteran who's spot on the team is solidified, all they wanna do in preseason is get on the field and get off as quick as possible. Nobody wants to show to much or get hurt in a meaningless game.

Batch looked absolutely awful overall, IMO. tommy didnt have his best game either..but I'll still take Tommy over batch when it comes down to it. That stat they showed last night,. Batch has 8 pass attempts in the last 3 seasons !!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH !!

Hope is someone who has a chance to cash in next year and stay onboard with us, but he has to step it up this season, all year. We dont want to have to search for another starting safety next draft right away.

And dont forget again, its preseason.. unless these mistakes are evident in october, we can't worry too much yet, nor to get awfully optimistic either.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:58 PM   #67
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
Jeez,,,, Big Ben picked up where he left off last season 57 QB rating,,, are you guys afraid to have him pass or what? He only made 4 attempts. Sounds like the regular season.
First off keep the smack in the Blast Furnace. Ben only played 8 or 9 snaps

I guess Palmer did the same with his 65.6 rating with a INT lol
Old 08-17-2005, 12:25 AM   #68
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

[QUOTE=SteelProven]There were a couple of players that stood out in my mind.

1. N. Herron while he didn't dazzle he did show that he'll be around for awhile. He showed a lot of grit running behind a make shift line. He impressed me the most of all the backs
2. F. Gibson he did make a bone head play by letting the corner get underneath him for an INT. But he did show potential by going after balls and his willingness to block down field. I think in a few years will be just as in love with Freds abilities as we are with H. Ward. I want to see more of him for sure. He looks to have very soft hands.

3. I. Taylor will I think he could be more effective by playing closer to the line of scrimmage and pressing receivers. I still think he kept the play in front of him and made the open field tackle. He by far is the fastest corner we have and the Steelers should take advantage of that. I don't think him playing 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage his helping him in any way. It's pre-season a time and place for coaches and players to take chances. I think if utilized properly he could actually be one of our better corners. IMO
Here's were I have to disagree. Ike gave up 3 or 4 out passes in the 1st half each going for 8 to 10 yards. A out route is a CB's dream. I kept hoping he'd jump one but he didnt. Colclough is the better player INO. He's faster as you saw on the KO return by Ike when he caught then passed him. And has better instincts and more big play potential. He would have definitley jumped one of thos outs.

4. TE's even though they only accounted for 4 catches 52 yards while some may see this as a small feat I see this as a stepping stone. You can see from the pass interference call involving H. Miller that teams realize that we now have a receiving threat at the TE position. Heath looked very slow to me. I really cant wait to watch him again. Hopefully he'll get more chances. Kranchick looked good.

5. H. Ward while most still criticize him for holding out for those 15 days but he didn't or hasn't missed to much. I think H. Ward could of played last night if needed. While I do think money played a large role in coming back. I am really glad he chose to return even though I have faith in C. Wilson and ARE. I really wouldn't want to see these to running routes the entire season.

Players that I felt didn't help themselves

1. A. Jackson
while I watched his every move one he stepped on the field in the 2nd quarter. He should absolutely nothing while the eagles did roll a RB to his side a few times. I think he doesn't have enough pass rushing moves to become a good OLB for the Steelers. While I do think he would of been better used at DE. IMO He's as good as cut imo. A poster from another board gave him the funniest name-Inaction Jackson

2. ARE while I think he has a great future ahead of him. He always seems to short arm catches as evident by his drop pass yesterday. Now I know that you can't judge a player off of one play. But ARE been doing this type of thing for awhile and he's going to have to be come more reliable for the Steelers to be successful. He does drop some easy ones. I expect him to do better this year in that aspect.

3. C. Hope while the Steelers did not release there whole arsenal I did see Hope out of position a few times are those long 3rd down completions. While I do think he will be the most improved player on defense. I still think he has played a little inconsistent at times and he's going to have to improve vastly if the Steelers are to maintain or improve on there pass defense from last year.

4. Willie Williams I was never a supporter of him starting anyway so seems him get his jock twisted by a rookie proved my point even more. I'd rather have one of our young corners out there making that mistake then a 34 year-old veteran. I say let Willie mentor the young corners and teach them things that he see's and knows. Most people were hating on him last year and looks the same this year. I was happy when he was signed last year and glad they brought him back. He'll be fine. He's still better then Ike. Remember Willie didnt look to good last preseason.

Kemoeatu played real good. I just re-watched the 1st half on tivo. WOW what a beast! On that draw play TD by Parker he dominated the DT. Almost knocked him off his feet on initial contact.

Keisel had a nice game with a sack and big time pressure on the other.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:53 AM   #69
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:

Now even you won't stoop so low as to rag on a passer rating of a guy who barely played a couple series in the first preseason game with out his #1 target, and starting RB !!

Cuz you guys have ZERO room to talk ;)
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:30 PM   #70
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Carson looked good, huh. He went 4 for 11 for 37 yards and an INT. He is awful, and maybe the Bengals should consider letting him throw thw ball less. Where was his arm strength when he threw that balloon out to Chad.