Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
Ward 86
Water Boy

Member Number: 4793
Default Free Agents / Contract Renewals

Does anyone know where to find out which players contracts are up for renewal this year and who will probably not be back for next year.

the only one i could find is Jeff Hartings has retired.
Ward 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Free Agents / Contract Renewals

I found this, but it doesn't mention the likelihood of staying or going:

http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freea...?Team=Steelers
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Well, we can already take Barrett Brooks out of the equation, so lets take a look at the remaining...

Bailey, Rodney - Rodney did make some plays this year, and, depending on how we draft, will probably take Kirschke's spot
Brown, Chad - Chad was signed to fill in for injuries, and as we all know, we are pretty much definately taking a LB in the draft. He's the oldest of our old LB, so he goes.
Carter, Tyrone - Tyrone filled in nicely as Troy's backup, and contributes on nickel and dime packages as well as special teams so he stays
Davenport, Najeh - Najeh did well in what he was given this year, so depending on how Mike Tomlin feels about Willie carrying the load and the offers he gets from other teams, i believe he will probably be back
Harrison, Arnold - As one of our young LB's, he probably has a really good chance to stay, considering that he knows the system, and when we trim the fat, it will be nice to have a young guy whose used to what we're doing.
Logan, Mike - I wrote about Tyrone before i saw Mike on the list. Mike is one of those guys who the Steeler fans really love. He's a local guy, and he's hard working. But the fact is, he's injury prone, and getting older. It will probably come down to whether he or Tyrone will take less money.
Morey, Sean - In the beginning of last year's preseason, the question was Chidi or Sean. Well, we made our choice, and we saw our ST's suffer. Sean will probably be replaced through a late draft pick, and Willie Reid actually playing.
Stanley, Ronald - No one's really heard much about Ronald that I can remember, so he will probably be in a roster battle with some rookies for a ST spot.
Starks, Max - Max is a starter, but he's also dispensable. Trai Essex and Willie Colon are both guys that were thought to be reaches when we took them, but they have filled in nicely, and they were coached by Grimm. It will probably depend on their showing this offseason, and how much attention Max garners from other teams.
Warren, Greg - Greg's our long snapper. Remember how long Mike Schneck stuck around?
Washington, Nate - Nate has been a pleasant surprise. He's one of my favorite players on the team. He's done well coming out of a small university. We all know Cedrick isn't a long term WR, so we will probably resign Nate and then cut Ced when his contract is up.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

I pretty much agree with the above, except for a few minor details.

Honestly, with a new coaching staff I really don't know how anything is going to go. I guess we will see in the coming weeks and in April.

~Polamalufan43
Old 02-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
Ward 86
Water Boy

Member Number: 4793

Good Stuff, Thanx

I guess a lot has to do with how Tomlin wants the team to be as well
Ward 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
polamalufan43
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward 86 View Post
Good Stuff, Thanx

I guess a lot has to do with how Tomlin wants the team to be as well
That's what I mean. His views could be different from Cowher's, they could be the same, or they could be alittle of both. And who knows if the other members of the coaching staff are going to have an impact on what he does.

~Polamalufan43
Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I pretty much agree with everyone so far on this one. I think that Tomlin will change up alot of things in his first couple of years so we will have to just wait and see I guess. I hope that we keep SS Tyrone Carter, cuz he looked pretty decent in place of Troy late this past season. It surprised me that he played so well, I hope that we let Davenport go and get us a good young power back in the draft. But I hope that Tomlin keeps our defense together. What about Dominic Rhodes at RB? He looked pretty good this year for the Colts and he is a free agent this year..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
polamalufan43
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

I pretty much agree with everyone so far on this one. I think that Tomlin will change up alot of things in his first couple of years so we will have to just wait and see I guess. I hope that we keep SS Tyrone Carter, cuz he looked pretty decent in place of Troy late this past season. It surprised me that he played so well, I hope that we let Davenport go and get us a good young power back in the draft. But I hope that Tomlin keeps our defense together. What about Dominic Rhodes at RB? He looked pretty good this year for the Colts and he is a free agent this year..
That might not be a bad idea. Of course alot of teams are going to want him and be willing to pay big bucks I suppose. I think we should still look in the draft for a back as well, just so that we have a young fresh back that will be here for a while.

~Polamalufan43
Old 02-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

dominic rodes wouldnt be valuble to us as he is same type of runner as FWP... he wouldnt be complimentry or anythiung, and definitly not worh w/e $$$s we pay the man and the superbowl adds $$$ to the expected deal for him
Old 02-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
sheba

Member Number:

i just hope the cut duce