Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #11
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Re: Optimism for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I'll be more inclined to respond to this question/thread when the draft is over and done with and after seeing what the Rooney's do in FA (if anything).
And what else would we want to think after that display against the ravens. Gangrene? No. But that loss to Baltimore (not unlike the loss to the Jags) left abdominal wounds.

The implosions last season are easier to throw dirt over than the flat out a**_whoopins'.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #12
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
And what else would we want to think after that display against the ravens. Gangrene? No. But that loss to Baltimore (not unlike the loss to the Jags) left abdominal wounds.

The implosions last season are easier to throw dirt over than the flat out a**_whoopins'.

What in the.... How in the world can... How dare you... Who EVER.... cough cough... um.. er... okay. yeah. your right!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:39 AM   #13
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

I agree with the optimism and it's not blind - I think we have a shot at returning to the playoffs next year - heck , we should have gone 12-4 this year - we need to figure out the Ravens for one thing - they owned us this year - but we plug a few holes with some big monsters on the line and open up the RB postion behind Parker for competition and we're there - Ike will make a comeback, Troy will be healthy - I don't think any of it is overly optimistic --- with the Rooneys, we will always be close..

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:33 AM   #14
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Ben will be healthy. Troy will be healthy. We have some young stars getting better. Ike will be back in full force, he really did not like riding the pine and it showed. Offensive line adjustments to open the run game on a constant basis. Not to mention the motivation and heart they will play with this upcoming season to push towards a 13-3 record and a run at SB Champs again.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

Yeah sorry guys I just noticed that I put XLI instead of XLII!! I was just really wishing that we would've won this year!!!

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #16
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I think Ben and our receivers need to get on the same page and work their ass off in the off season so the passing game can be a threat this year.

Other than that....I think our offensive line needs to block

If this happens.........SUPERBOWL BOUND
Old 02-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

We will be back in the playoffs if not Super Bowl XLII.

Coach Tomlin will light a fire under this team.Cowher had loyalties to certain players,Tomlin doesn't.If you don't have the fire,if you don't produce...you won't be good enough to make Mike Tomlin's team.

If Porter doesn't restructure,he'll be gone.Too much of a cap hit for so little production.Let Silverback get in there and tear a new a$$h0le in the opposing offenses.

Townsend,he probally won't start and he might not even be on the team.I want him here for vet leadership,but if we can infuse better,younger talent...then we'll be better off IMHO.

Anthony Smith must start as FS along Polamalu.He's a playmaker who'll bust some heads out there.

If Polamalu was healthy all season,our secondary woulda been much better.He's the biggest playmaker on the defense.he can play S,CB,DE,and LB...and he plays them all in one game.He must be accounted for the entire game.

Ben will be healthy,in shape,and focused for the season.He won't be making the dumb passes he was making this year because he won't be constantly injured.

Our WR's will be better.Look for Holmes and Ward to start,with Washington the #3 reciever,Wilson the #4,and Reid the #5 who will primarily return punts/kickoffs.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #18
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
We will be back in the playoffs if not Super Bowl XLII.

Coach Tomlin will light a fire under this team.Cowher had loyalties to certain players,Tomlin doesn't.If you don't have the fire,if you don't produce...you won't be good enough to make Mike Tomlin's team.

If Porter doesn't restructure,he'll be gone.Too much of a cap hit for so little production.Let Silverback get in there and tear a new a$$h0le in the opposing offenses.

Townsend,he probally won't start and he might not even be on the team.I want him here for vet leadership,but if we can infuse better,younger talent...then we'll be better off IMHO.

Anthony Smith must start as FS along Polamalu.He's a playmaker who'll bust some heads out there.

If Polamalu was healthy all season,our secondary woulda been much better.He's the biggest playmaker on the defense.he can play S,CB,DE,and LB...and he plays them all in one game.He must be accounted for the entire game.

Ben will be healthy,in shape,and focused for the season.He won't be making the dumb passes he was making this year because he won't be constantly injured.

Our WR's will be better.Look for Holmes and Ward to start,with Washington the #3 reciever,Wilson the #4,and Reid the #5 who will primarily return punts/kickoffs.

Excellent points!

Training camp will be verrry een-teresting I think. With a new coach, I think all the guys-veterans and rookies-will basically have to try out for the team all over again. From his very first press conference, it seems to me Tomlin was not overly impressed with anyone's "star" status. I think he was saying it's time for everybody to get back to work.

And I think the team knows it...I am sure they didn't like the result of last season anymore than we did as fans. So I am not worried....the Black and Gold will be back!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:58 AM   #19
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

I want to remind you all that tomlin is alot of ways like tony dungy. You wont see him screaming,swearing and spitting in his players faces. I think he will be a motiavtional guy like dungy. I think realisticaly this is a playoffs team. Superbowl not this year. I think Ben will improve, I think willie parker will improve and same with santonio holmes. I think we will go anywhere from 9-7 or 11-5.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

I would say anywhere from 9-7 to 13-3.

Everyone says well if we can run the ball or if the D can step up we will be fine.................thats not it. THE ONLY WAY WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IS IF BEN IS HEALTHY. This team is much different when Ben is not healthy or not playing. He carries this team he makes everyone better. He is a motivation guy, he knows how to win and makes the plays to win..................WHEN HE IS HEALTHY. We all know the D can play we all know Willie can be well Willie. All we need is Ben to be healthy and ready to go.

Its that simple.