Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #11
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140
Default Re: I want Bush in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Smith27 View Post
i would rather have tony hunt, he'd be a perfect compliment to willie

As a Penn State fan I TOTALLY agree. Tony "Hunt" playing at "Heinz" field. There may be a conflict of interest.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #12
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Actually,

What i was saying (didn't want to repeat it again here.. as I have posted it in a number of places) is that we should pick up either a LB or a CB in the first round draft, then the other of the two in FA. Pick up Bush as the second round choice. Then, we have Kemo and Colon on our line, and they will both do a great job. So we are pretty much taken care of. So from that point, we just pick who is the best player out there. One exception to that, we pick up a tall... fast receiver from a small school and see if they can do it in the bigs.
i'm not expecting anything out of free agency since we don't have much cap room, and we still need money to sign all our draft picks and a few of our own free agents, so IMO we need to inject some youth in to our defense through the first 2 rounds of the draft, where we are picking in the first and second we can get some studs that can produce almost right away. a running back isn't a true need, willie has proven he is durable and can carry the load, yes it would be great to get him a compliment, but it's not worth getting in the second round when we have bigger needs

i agree that kemo and colon will do great on our oline, heck even starks might be better because now he has colon riding his a$$ and they could bring the best out of eachother

so i think getting hunt in the 3rd would be better, or leonard in the 3rd/4th. as much as i would like bush cause he was a beast before the injury i just don't see the need for a running back that early.

and i think a tall wr is overrated, we have the tall target and his name is heath miller, i hope tomlin will put him in the offense more cause the dude has talent and has the potential to be great
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #13
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Yea, we do need another running back to compliment Willie, but i definately don't think it is a need on day one. The guy I want to see us take is Nate Ilaoa out of Hawaii in Round 4. The dude's like a little Bus, but he's a whole lot faster. Actually, I can't say that cause I don't remember the Bus's younger days, but i do know he's fast for being 248 pounds.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #14
Steeldude
Living Legend

need LBs and O-line to be addressed first. bush would do nothing behind the steelers pathetic O-line.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #15
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

our o-line is nowhere near pathetic... we finished near the top of the league in rushing offense, and near the top of the league in pass offense, we had a pro bowl RB. we had a very good line overall, other than a few games. and although i would like Bush, i would rather have Leonard from Rutgers in the 2nd if available. maybe trade up, but I really like the guy. he is strong and very versatile.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #16
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by WySilv View Post
our o-line is nowhere near pathetic... we finished near the top of the league in rushing offense, and near the top of the league in pass offense, we had a pro bowl RB. we had a very good line overall, other than a few games. and although i would like Bush, i would rather have Leonard from Rutgers in the 2nd if available. maybe trade up, but I really like the guy. he is strong and very versatile.
i agree, our oline looked bad for the most part because at the beginning of the season with all the stuff ben went through he was playing afraid and taking to long to do stuff with the ball so the defense got to him or he threw stupid passes making the oline look bad....the only time they got dominated was when we played the ravens twice. other then that they were decent. also we have players that can do good, however cowher wouldn't allow grimm to make the fixes to make them better cause he was playing favorites, i think we'll be badass with kemo and colon there

i think leonard can be had in the 3rd, and he's not worth trading up for. but i too like him and think he'd do good here backing up willie
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #17
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

he would be a steal in the 3rd, and i think we shouldnt risk the probability of him being taken before our 3rd rounder. He would also be a great 3rd down back, or when dan K retires, then he can take over for him. he would be a monster for us

EDIT:

I got 200 posts!!! w00t!

Last edited by Dynasty; 02-06-2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: just noticed
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #18
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466

How many post do I have
Old 02-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466

EDIT WHOOOO I HAVE 200 to
Old 02-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #20
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WySilv View Post

so that's why the C, RG and RT are all open?

simmons and starks were constantly abused last season. thankfully hartings retired his bad knees.

i think you are in the minority group when you say that steelers' O-line was very good overall.

passing offense doesn't necessarily mean the O-line is doing well. take the broncos' game for example. BR threw for 433 yards, but was constantly getting hit and harrassed. i won't mention the ravens' games
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote