Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #21
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: I want Bush in this draft.

The way I see it our o line was great in the past, but it's getting a little old, drafting a good line man or two for the future would be great.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,246 Times in 2,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
The way I see it our o line was great in the past, but it's getting a little old, drafting a good line man or two for the future would be great.
the steelers have been drafting linemen for the future. i believe the steelers had c. kemoeatu ranked as the #2 guard on their board when he was drafted (he had anger management concerns that caused him to fall). willie colon was all the rave in camp. trai essex was supposed to be able to produce, and okolbi was given a nice extension. maybe the steelers have just waited an extra year too long to give these guys a chance.

then again oliver ross and kedrick vincent havent exactly lit it up since signing elsewhere.

(leonard from rutgers seems to be that steelers type player as far as rb is concerned)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the steelers have been drafting linemen for the future. i believe the steelers had c. kemoeatu ranked as the #2 guard on their board when he was drafted (he had anger management concerns that caused him to fall). willie colon was all the rave in camp. trai essex was supposed to be able to produce, and okolbi was given a nice extension. maybe the steelers have just waited an extra year too long to give these guys a chance.

then again oliver ross and kedrick vincent havent exactly lit it up since signing elsewhere.

(leonard from rutgers seems to be that steelers type player as far as rb is concerned)

I agree, we look to be set in the line. Just a simple switch of first and second string players may actually be what we need on teh right side.

I also do not think RB is our biggest need. Sure, it would be nice to pick up someone to help carry the load, Davenport may or may not be able to, we don't know yet. However, We REALLY need to focus on the LB's and CB's. I keep reading where people think we are fine at CB. Sadly, I think if we don't do anything at CB this year, our defense will end up looking more like the Bengals then the D that we were known for. So I say, draft a CB or LB. Then, go to FA for the other.

Yeah, I know, cap room. However, with Hartings retiring, with starters being rotated back to bench warmers or cut... I am SURE we can finagle a new deal with some of our players or outright cut them to go get what we need.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #24
steelegg
Water Boy

Member Number: 4159

if bush is around in round 2, i would certainly hope they don't pass him up, the guy is a beast with the ole injury stock drop (heath miller)
steelegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #25
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

I would like to get Bush also, but in the 2nd round if we do. If Bush is taken by the time our pick comes, we could get Penn State's Tony Hunt who is 6'2 idk how much he ways. Coach paterno said he is the best all-around running back he has ever coached. That is quite a compliment with Penn State having Franco Harris, Larry Johnson, and Ki-Jani Carter on the teams. Hunt also got the MVP honors in the senior bowl, he proved he can run against anybody. Hunt would be a great pick in the 2nd round.

Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote