Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #21
SteelerFanInTX210
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4760
Default Re: Peter King: Roethlisberger 11th Among Active Quarterbacks??????

I would say that the ranking is pretty accurate. If you think of it in terms of "can he carry the team if the running game is shut down." I think Ben is going to be great in those terms eventually but now, he is just good at being efficient. His first two years he threw the ball 15-20 times a game and he had a very high rating. That was being efficient. This year he had the opportunity to air the ball out alot and we seen how that went if he was better than the top 10 that he ranked, then we would have made the playoffs with bye and homefield with as much as Ben threw the rock. IMO the rankings are not far from accurate.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

top 5 QB's dont throw as many INT's as he did and as bad as some of them looked. he has to prove that when the running game is clamped up and he has a blitz coming at him that he will read it quick enough and do the right thing. obviously it is more than just him that needs to improve from last year. the critics are going to be there when you have a year like he did, including the superbowl until you prove otherwise, in which he will this year i truly believe (if no more injuries - knock on wood).
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
top 5 QB's dont throw as many INT's as he did and as bad as some of them looked. he has to prove that when the running game is clamped up and he has a blitz coming at him that he will read it quick enough and do the right thing. obviously it is more than just him that needs to improve from last year. the critics are going to be there when you have a year like he did, including the superbowl until you prove otherwise, in which he will this year i truly believe (if no more injuries - knock on wood).
dont you mean knock on pavement... ok sorry. i had to say that.

i think he will want to prove all the critics wrong and will have an excellent year this coming season. i still believe he came back too soon from the injuries he suffered.

as for romo being ranked higher, i dont know about that. what are we basing that on the few games he played. we all know if romo had kept his mind on the game and not carrie underwood he wouldnt have fumble that snap for the field goal.
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #24
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
I really like Peter King and read his columns faithfully, but today's Tuesday Edition was just too much:

"FAVRE, ACCORDING TO BRANDON, SHOULD NOT COME BACK, I GUESS. From Brandon, of London: 'Let's get a little more opinion on Favre, the Teflon man. Where would you rank him among starting QBs in the league? While I don't know your answer, I will preemptively say that it seems pretty low ranking, considering his age and that the Packers are a rebuilding team. Rice was still having "fun" too, and everyone thought he should retire.''

Where would I rank Favre right now? Okay, here we go. I say 10. My order:

1. Peyton Manning. 2. Tom Brady. 3. Drew Brees. 4. Carson Palmer. 5. Marc Bulger. 6. Matt Hasselbeck. 7. Philip Rivers. 8. Donovan McNabb. 9. Tony Romo. 10. Brett Favre. 11. Ben Roethlisberger. 12. Matt Leinart. 13. Vince Young. 14. Chad Pennington. 15. Jay Cutler.

That ought to get the arguments started."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...6/super/1.html

Is he KIDDING? Marc Bulger and Tony Romo are ranked above Ben???? Well, as he said, it'll get the arguments started, all right. Sheesh.
What Crack is he smoking? BIG BEN is a top 5 QB. No I'm not biased, but he's been to the Super Bowl and Won it. He's been ranked below SEVEN QUARTERBACKS who have either A. Never won the Super Bowl or B. Never Played in the Super Bowl. Peter should be revoked of his credentials.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #25
7Ben7
Water Boy

Member Number: 4001

Wow.

They put Rivers and Romo ahead of him. Clearly these people don't know what their talking about.

7 Is the number of Hope, Strength, and Courage.

GO STEELERS!!
7Ben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #26
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

My list:

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Roethlisberger
4. Palmer
5. Brees
6. McNabb
7. Hasselbeck
8. Green (Trent)
9. Favre
10. Rivers
11. Pennington

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #27
4n2t0
Team Captain

Member Number: 1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
My list:

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Roethlisberger
4. Palmer
5. Brees
6. McNabb
7. Hasselbeck
8. Green (Trent)
9. Favre
10. Rivers
11. Pennington
Ben a top 3 QB in the NFL? I don't think so, in fact no freaking way!
4n2t0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #28
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
What Crack is he smoking? BIG BEN is a top 5 QB. No I'm not biased, but he's been to the Super Bowl and Won it. He's been ranked below SEVEN QUARTERBACKS who have either A. Never won the Super Bowl or B. Never Played in the Super Bowl. Peter should be revoked of his credentials.
a superbowl should never define a career, yeah it's nice to have won one, but a lot of qb's have won them but wouldn't even be top 50. Trent Dilfer for example. i'm not saying ben is bad, cause i like him a lot, and he still has a lot of potential, but when we won the super bowl ben was just along for the ride, his play almost cost us the superbowl. thank god for some great play calling by whiz and a big run by willie or ben would've cost us the game. he's top 10 not top 5
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #29
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

When I seen romo on the list I stopped. Did not even go further then that. That is a joke list. Of course Bens play this year has not been the best and the 23 INTs do not help but you can take a few of them INTs away and actually say they were not all his fault. But Ben only showed glimpse of his old self late this season. Romo who if played all 16 games would of by far thrown upwards of 24 are more INTs, Romo Fumbalo would of also had a ton of fumbles. His fumble itis reminds me of Vic loose hands mcgraw.

No QB in the History of the NFL has had his first 2 season like Big Ben. Ben has never been ranked under the top 4 to me and its kinda hard to believe some idiot would put romo ahead of him even tho he had a bad season provoked by not being healthy and what he went thru in the offseason.

This irks me, I do not know about you all, but Romo is no wear near the QB of Ben yet. Just wait till this upcoming season with a healthy Big Ben on a rebound and a fixed offensive line. I hope they eat there words. But to me Big Ben is top 4 on any list. And he will only get better.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

How can you justify having McNabb on that list ? he missed a great portion of the season and before he went down his team was in a free fall. That list was a waste of keystrokes.