Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Default 4 round Steeler Mock

Since it's still early in the offseason, everyone I looked up past the 4th round had no projection or analysis, so i just put positions for rounds 5-7

First Round - Jarvis Moss DE Florida

With both of our starting OLB's pushing 30, and both their contracts up after this season, Jarvis Moss could become the next great Steelers LB. Also, if we do end up switching to a 4-3, He'd easily be able to put his hand down and be a DE.

Second Round - Michael Bush RB Louisville

Michael Bush falls to us in the 2nd round. After pushing for a Heisman in 2005 and breaking his leg in 2006, Bush falls to us where he can come in and be a Maurice Jones-Drew or a Laurence Maroney and spell Willie Parker.

Third Round ? Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech

Manuel Ramirez falls to us in the third round, due to his lack of versatility. You always read about a Center projecting to Center or Guard, or a Tackle who can play inside as well, but Ramirez only projects to a Guard in a run-first offense. Watch for this guy at the combine. Reportedly has a bench press of 550 pounds, the guy is massive and will be a workout warrior.

Fourth Round ? David Irons CB Auburn

David Irons is one of those players who will either be a great pick down the road, or a huge disappointment. His downside is his talent being inflated due to his brother?s success (Kenny Irons) and his being injury prone, with a torn ACL in 2001 and 2004. His upside is that him and Adam Carikker are considered the people who most improved their stock at the Senior Bowl.

Fifth Round ? Center

Sixth Round ? Inside Linebacker

Seventh Round - Punter
Old 02-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935
Default Re: 4 round Steeler Mock

decent i guess, i like where you are going with the first pick, but i think i rather have anthony spencer, the dude is going to be badass

second, i don't really agree with unless he's the best player avaliable, but we have way bigger needs to fill then getting bush, i think if there's another badass LB there we should get him, cause like you said are OLB are pushing 30, and if we could we should get 2 studs at OLB........

3rd round pick, i actually like that pick, add some depth to our ol

4th round i guess it's good to add some depth in the secondary but i'm sure we can do better there

5th, i'm not so sure we need a center that bad, we got chukky and we got phillips, i'm not to worried about that

6th, a good linebacker for special teams would be good

7th, i like the idea of drafting a punter, but i think we should get the best one available with the 4th or 5th, it seems high, but it's not like we always keep those guys anyway, at least we'll finally be getting some value out of those picks, and i think the guy from baylor would be a good pick
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

MY wish list draft...

1) DE/OLB Quentin Moses 6'5 357, Georgia, or OLB Lawrence Timmons 6'3 230, Florida State

2) OT Joe Staley 6'5 300, Central Michigan

3) CB Jonathan Wade 6'0 195, Tennessee

4) P Daniel Sepulveda 6'3 230, Baylor

5) WR Chansi Stucky 6'0 185, Clemson

6) K Justin Medlock 6'0 197, UCLA

7) ILB Anthony Waters 6'3 242, Clemson

There are several Free agents that I would like to pick up...QB Toby Korrodi from central Missouri has a 69% completion rate with 52 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions the last two years...RB Deshawn Wynn from Florida is 5'11 and 238 but someone may take a chance on him in the later rounds...
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
MY wish list draft...

1) DE/OLB Quentin Moses 6'5 357, Georgia, or OLB Lawrence Timmons 6'3 230, Florida State

There are several Free agents that I would like to pick up...QB Toby Korrodi from central Missouri has a 69% completion rate with 52 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions the last two years...RB Deshawn Wynn from Florida is 5'11 and 238 but someone may take a chance on him in the later rounds...

i really like your wish list, hopefully tomlin will have sense and pick value like you've done, cause it seemed cowher wasted to many picks in the later rounds, and the guys you have on your wish list are good value picks........especially that 4th one lol..
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Offensive lineman are hard to read coming out of college - I would rather pick up a free agent like Leonard Davis for a good price and spend top round draft pick money on a big back ...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Offensive lineman are hard to read coming out of college - I would rather pick up a free agent like Leonard Davis for a good price and spend top round draft pick money on a big back ...
agreed... but every one of our starters was a 1st or 2nd round pick other than Starks....and Staley is legit.

Besides...we wouldnt have to change a nameplate!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
MY wish list draft...

The more I read about Moses the less I like this guy but this is a solid draft and I would be more then thrilled if this is how the Steelers draft went down. But I would rather have Anthony Spencer in the first round. I watched Spencer alot this year and always seem to make a play. He was a DE but he could play OLB in a 3-4 no problem.

Staley in the 2nd round would be great. I like both the Wade and the Sepulveda picks. I'm not big on drafting punters. Since you can usually find a good one that wasn't even draft. But I would draft Sepulveda in the 4th round with no problem if he was the best available. He would be worth it.

Stucky would be a steal in the 5th. I hope he lasts that long. That would be good pick

No problems with the last two picks as well. Both would be wise moves.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
The more I read about Moses the less I like this guy but this is a solid draft and I would be more then thrilled if this is how the Steelers draft went down. But I would rather have Anthony Spencer in the first round. I watched Spencer alot this year and always seem to make a play. He was a DE but he could play OLB in a 3-4 no problem.

Staley in the 2nd round would be great. I like both the Wade and the Sepulveda picks. I'm not big on drafting punters. Since you can usually find a good one that wasn't even draft. But I would draft Sepulveda in the 4th round with no problem if he was the best available. He would be worth it.

Stucky would be a steal in the 5th. I hope he lasts that long. That would be good pick

No problems with the last two picks as well. Both would be wise moves.
I have heard some of the same things about Moses...which is why I see the slide towards Timmons
Also agree with you about Sepulveda, if he isnt there, dont draft a punter at all.
Stucky would be a steal...and if he does well in the combine he wont be there for us to pick that late...but as of now he is coming off an early season injury and alot of teams will shy away from that .. the lack of recent tape because of his injury and his inexperience at the position may push him further down the board.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #9
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Moses is one dimensional. He is no beast vs the run.

I'd pass.

I think we are going to take a TE sometime in the Draft.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Quote:
MY wish list draft...

stayley will be drafted by the raiders IMO