Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: 4 round Steeler Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rock View Post
stayley will be drafted by the raiders IMO
I had thought they were eyeing Tony Ugoh?....either way...I would take either of these guys!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #12
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I had thought they were eyeing Tony Ugoh?....either way...I would take either of these guys!!!

They've been eyeing staley big time not ugoh. ugoh doesnt fit the raides o-line

raiders draft will go like this

1. brady quinn
2. joe stayley
3. matt spaeth
3. karrem brown
Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #13
JDTFever84
Water Boy

Member Number: 4999

I do think that drafting a Punter and a Kicker would be really good, I have always liked Jeff Reed, but I think he had an off year this year....bring someone into challenge him. Chris Gardocki is basically done. CB is in big need. O-line and special teams need help
JDTFever84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
agreed... but every one of our starters was a 1st or 2nd round pick other than Starks....and Staley is legit.

Besides...we wouldnt have to change a nameplate!!!!
As long as he doesn't stand on the sidelines wearing sweats!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #15
steelegg
Water Boy

Member Number: 4159

im all for the bush pick
steelegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Tha rock;217458]They've been eyeing staley big time not ugoh. ugoh doesnt fit the raides o-line

The Raiders have a sieve for an O-line ..how do they figure Tony Ugoh wouldnt be an upgrade over Langston Walker who the Raiders didnt want back anyway?

I have seen two different insiders...Steve Corkran and Tom Barnidge who said that the Raiders Liked Ugoh and planned on bringing him in before the draft.

But then again..at least one draft source shows the Raiders taking Thomas in the first and Troy Smith in the second...(again...stupid)

I agree with you that Staley is a monster...but I dont think that at this point anyone can say beyond a doubt..which of the two (Ugoh or Staley will be better)

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 02-13-2007 at 09:06 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #17
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

Quote:
Since it's still early in the offseason, everyone I looked up past the 4th round had no projection or analysis, so i just put positions for rounds 5-7

First Round - Jarvis Moss DE Florida

With both of our starting OLB's pushing 30, and both their contracts up after this season, Jarvis Moss could become the next great Steelers LB. Also, if we do end up switching to a 4-3, He'd easily be able to put his hand down and be a DE.

Second Round - Michael Bush RB Louisville

Michael Bush falls to us in the 2nd round. After pushing for a Heisman in 2005 and breaking his leg in 2006, Bush falls to us where he can come in and be a Maurice Jones-Drew or a Laurence Maroney and spell Willie Parker.

Third Round ? Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech

Manuel Ramirez falls to us in the third round, due to his lack of versatility. You always read about a Center projecting to Center or Guard, or a Tackle who can play inside as well, but Ramirez only projects to a Guard in a run-first offense. Watch for this guy at the combine. Reportedly has a bench press of 550 pounds, the guy is massive and will be a workout warrior.

Fourth Round ? David Irons CB Auburn

David Irons is one of those players who will either be a great pick down the road, or a huge disappointment. His downside is his talent being inflated due to his brother?s success (Kenny Irons) and his being injury prone, with a torn ACL in 2001 and 2004. His upside is that him and Adam Carikker are considered the people who most improved their stock at the Senior Bowl.

Fifth Round ? Center

Sixth Round ? Inside Linebacker

Seventh Round - Punter

I like the first round pick. And i absolutely love the 2nd round pick. The only thing is the falcons will take him before us with booby petrino being the new coach and probably wanting one of his own guys. The 3rd and 4th round picks are solid and 5th-7th i think you have the right idea of what we need.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote