Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Off Season whatcha going to do with your time;

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
I work part-time at the local minor league baseball park so that will take up some of my time, along with some volunteer work.

Also gonna work on home improvement-painting my bedroom; finally converting my spare room to a sitting area/home office.

Apply to business school...gotta study for that darn GMAT (ugh).

Make plans to go to St. Louis for the Steeler game-my first one! Hope the checkbook cooperates, tho'....lol
MSG...I have talked to about three or four other forum members who will be there...As soon as we find out the date...We all need to start planning!!!!...For those who have never been there...The Holiday Inn is connected to the stadium and you can walk from the hotel to the stadium without ever going outside!!!...(also ask your employer for permission to use a business or government discount...I stayed at the Westin in Indianapolis for $64.00)
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #12
wiqidjuggalo
Starter

Member Number: 2600

I plan on being at Heinz Field on draft day then spending as much time with my kids (3 and 1) then going to Latrobe for training camp and then hopefully if the cash flow permits I will be attending my first Steelers game!!! other than that not much else to do but wait till the season starts...

?Jarrad Page, we?re not at UCLA anymore. You need to wrap.? ?an ESPN commentator, on the Chiefs rookie?s weak attempt at tackling the Steelers? Nate Washington in a 45-7 loss.
wiqidjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #13
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
MSG...I have talked to about three or four other forum members who will be there...As soon as we find out the date...We all need to start planning!!!!...For those who have never been there...The Holiday Inn is connected to the stadium and you can walk from the hotel to the stadium without ever going outside!!!...(also ask your employer for permission to use a business or government discount...I stayed at the Westin in Indianapolis for $64.00)

I hear ya, LLT! I think a couple of other folks from another steelernation.com are also planning on going, too. Aren't there a lot of Steeler fans in IN and IA, too? So there should be alot of Black and Gold there!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #14
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

I am waiting for draft day and planning for training camp. I'm probably going to occupy myself with little projects.

~Polamalufan43
Old 02-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post
I am getting ready for draft day already and planning the 3 or 4 trips to Steelers games. 1 in St. Louis, in Cincy, in Canton (Aug 5th) and hopefully one in the Burgh. I also plan on taking a family vacation to the Burgh. I am working on bringing Santonio Holmes and James Harrison to Indianapolis to sign autographs with the help of the SteelCity Mafia. Lastly I hope to be involved in the planning of the Steeler Fan Convention in the Burgh.
That would be freaking sweet if Holmes and Harrison came to Indy. Keep me posted. I'm only 3 hours from Indy. Man for all of us Steelers fans in Colts country we have to listen to this stupid crap about the Colts winning it all.

Plus I'm also in Bears country. I'm only 55 miles from Chicago. So I'm so glad the Super Bowl if over. Was tired of hearing about and you had some people that were happy no matter who won. I was talking to a some people at the local bar I hang out and they saw my Steelers leather coat. So they asked who I was rooting for and I said the Bears. Noway I could ever root for Peyton Manning. They replied to me we're fans of both the Colts and Bears so the outcome didn't matter to them. I hate when fans do that shit. I don't hear of Steelers fans doing that shit say if the Steelers play the Eagles next year in the Super Bowl. Forone no Steelers fan ever would be happy with a Steelers loss in a Super Bowl. I'm still not over Super Bowl XXX but the Super Bowl XL win did help some.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #16
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
Chronocross your Steeler room sounds awesome! Think about posting some pics when you get it done!
It should be only a few weeks. I know how the wife is about getting things done. After that Ill post some pics..
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #17
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Plan for the draft,watch to see who we cut/trade/sign in FA,get geared up for TC,then let the season begin.

I will also be working,looking for a new job till I get one,hanging with my gf and hopefully future fiance (proposing in Valentines Day as long as I get my income tax in time),and pklaying with her 1 year old punkaroo Angel.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #18
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 3729

i figure i'll take up knitting to past the time till the season comes back

WIN OR LOSE.........I still bleed black and gold.
Http://www.Myspace.com/Trappedinemerica
BOXCAR JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #19
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
hanging with my gf and hopefully future fiance (proposing in Valentines Day)
good luck with that!

I'm spending my off-season doing schoolwork...what fun!
starting in April I'm going to be giving tours at Heinz Field so I'm pretty excited about that. once draft day rolls around then I'll officially start the countdown til camp (that that I'm not already anxious for it )
Old 02-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #20
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Since its 70 degrees here I'm going to start playing more golf on Fridays..... and playing in my tournaments twice a month on Sundays...I can't wait to wear shorts to work again...but by then it will be 100 + degrees so then I have to get used to the heat again :-(

So golf, and TV golf..... A
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote