Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2005, 01:18 AM   #1
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Am I the only one?

As I was leaving where I always watch each and every Steeler game a few not all of them were saying Ben sucks. They didn't want it. They are horrible. Am I the only one who is sick of the fair weather and band wagon fans? I was so disgusted and still am. If you don't love them through the good and the bad then how are you a real fan? I myself am very uspet we lost and I know the fans on here are not fair weather fans. This site is great and so are the steeler fans here. I can't wait for next season. LETS GO STEELERS!!!!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:38 AM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Am I the only one?

Steeler fans where their emotions on their sleeves, as do I. I will never say our team sucks or down a player like that..but the fact is, we lost, and we lost big...and when you lose a game like this, you cant help but shoot ur mouth of sometimes outta frustration.

but to comment, no ben does not suck, he's our leader of the future, but today was not our day....again...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
timsim00
Water Boy

Member Number: 275

It is terrible about the loss, no doubt, but we rode Big Ben all the way to the playoffs, it was his to lose. Unfortunately, he lost it. He will grow, and all will be better down the road.

Terrible Game, Good Season!

Pacific NW Steelers Fan!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:11 AM   #4
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Exactly what I wanted people to say. Support him if he won, but get his back for giving us a great season. I know I must wait for next year, but at least I have even more anticipation for the off season.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:16 AM   #5
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

6-10 a year ago was tough. I was still waving my Terrible Towel that year. 15-1 + a win over the Jets and a heart-breaker to the Pats... my Terrible Towel still waves.

This "One for the Thumb" is a long battle. 25 years of patience is tough on all of us. At least I was born and alive the year they won their last Super Bowl. At least I watched one. Now I want to see the Steelers win several!

As for this loss & Big Ben... Big Ben is the future of the Steelers, no doubt. I'm sorry his first loss was a big one. He made mistakes which in my opinion cost the game. He lead the team to battle back. They almost did rally back to tie it up. Ben will be the Steelers star QB, no doubt. He'll be solid for years to come. Just please, Steelers, don't repeat the O'Donell and Slash Stewart thing with Big Ben. Pittsburgh fans has a hard enough time loving and supporing a QB longterm.

My Steeler fans of Philly and I will continue to mourn this extrememly difficult loss.

I wonder if the Steelers set booby-traps on the field back when they played the Jagaurs? lol

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:33 AM   #6
crazynick
Water Boy

Member Number: 276

We all got to remember are quarterback was a Rookie and has never been under this much pressure wait till next year i hope betis just holds out for one more year to get that ring
crazynick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:12 AM   #7
gaudjr
Water Boy

Member Number: 171

Ask yourselves one question; Could I have held up as well as Ben under that kind of prolonged scrutiny? 4 months of overbearing expections. All the experts were saying his being a rookie would surface. It eventually did, at the most inappropriate time. He has proved a unique ability to learn from his mistakes. He will be back
Old 01-25-2005, 02:31 AM   #8
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I agree. No way you can take that season away from him., First year, wow did way more than any of us expected. Many people thought when Maddox got hurt that the season was over. The ride just began there.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #9
dlapitt
Water Boy

Member Number: 144

This loss was certainly not all Ben's fault, but he must burden some of the blame. Fans are not fair weather fans because they criticize the Steelers. When professionals who make millions do not perform to the best of their abilities on the biggest stage, then they deserve to be criticized. I'm sure everyone will be back and ready to cheer the boys on next year, I know I will be. Let's just all remember, we can't think that the Steelers can do no wrong because they can't think that way either...they will never improve if that's the attitude.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #10
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I am interested in how we handle the off season. Will we let some big names go and go real long term building, or try to resign everyone to keep everyting in tact for one more year. Either way, Ben deserves some rest.