Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,773 Times in 4,062 Posts
Default "No need for personal stuff"

since when is saying a poster is "obnoxious" a reason to have a post edited?

thats pretty petty.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: "No need for personal stuff"

There was absolutely no reason for you to call anyone obnoxious.

It was a simple welcome home thread for a guy who has been serving in Iraq - you have plenty of threads in the BF where you can label Bengal fans.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
There was absolutely no reason for you to call anyone obnoxious.

It was a simple welcome home thread for a guy who has been serving in Iraq - you have plenty of threads in the BF where you can label Bengal fans.

NM
i know who ohio steelers is and the reason he departed this board, long before you read his "simple" welcome home thread.
you might want to keep up with the story and do a hell of a lot more "editing". brian was calling ohio steeler a "welcher" cause he didnt follow through on a sig bet. unfortunately he didnt know our fellow steelerfan had been deployed to iraq, before he ran his mouth and started insulting OUR members on a personal level.

pointing that out as obnoxious isnt personal. its simple fact.

ohio steelers asked if anyone remembered him. i was talking about him less than 5 weeks ago. i remembered. thanks for editing the link i provided that showed that even though he was gone from this board, (possibly putting his life on the line) he wasnt forgotten. i dont care about you taking out the "obnoxious" part, although it was nothing but fact and a petty move on your part.

real classy.

Ohio Steeler- i tried to find the link of your farewell post but we have about a dozen posters with ohio and steeler as their sn.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Actually I am very well aware of the facts.

I know that Brian wasn't too sure who he made the bet with, and when it was pointed out that the guy was away because he was serving in Iraq he backed down.

I know you would like every thread to become a flame war between you and whoever, but its not going to happen.

Petty is trying to ruin a good thread with vindictive finger pointing - there is simply no need for it.

For you to say that someone being obnoxious is a 'fact' goes to show how far off the mark you are - its actually an 'opinion' and one that wasn't welcome on that thread.

As I say, you have plenty of other threads where you can label Bengal fans as you wish - you'll find them in the Blast Furnace - not in the locker room.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #5
tony hipchest

Quote:

I know you would like every thread to become a flame war between you and whoever
NM
you do?
so this type of fallacy and personal attack is better served for the blast furnace, correct?

for you to direct me to the BF is sweet and all, but unfortunately i have a mod who is overzealous in censoring and infracting my posts, for even the simplest of things, such as typing the word "retard"

Quote:
re?tard
–verb (used with object) 1. to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.
–verb (used without object) 2. to be delayed.
–noun 3. a slowing down, diminution, or hindrance, as in a machine.
4. Slang: Disparaging. a. a mentally retarded person.
b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.
in the meantime i am personally attacked and defamed numerous times in the BF as you sit by idle. i understand you not cracking down on bengalbrian, after all you were one of the ones who abused the previous rep feature to overload him with rep points.

feel free to delete this post. we wouldnt want people to know the truth, now would we?

Quote:
I know that Brian wasn't too sure who he made the bet with, and when it was pointed out that the guy was away because he was serving in Iraq he backed down.
and yes, it was me who pointed out that ohio steelers was away serving his country as bengalbrian implied he was a welcher. nice of you to aknowledge that and thanks for editing a "personal attack" (or stuff)

Last edited by tony hipchest; 02-09-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

It has been pointed out to you before, I dont owe you any type of explanation for my actions.

However, as a gesture of goodwill I dont mind telling people why I did what I did.

You can drag this out as much as possible and it makes very little difference to me - i'll still apply the rules.

There are 3 mods here, if they see you get personally atatcked they will take the necessary actions, myself included.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:

There are 3 mods here, if they see you get personally atatcked they will take the necessary actions, myself included.

i dont care if somebody personally attacks me!

do you think i care if a bunglefan accuses some of our fine posters of being Tonyish?

it dont bug me but it might offend some of our fine members for my SN be used as an insult and personal attack against them. the aformentionned bunglefan might as well be calling them an a$$hole (something you would gloss over as long as it wasnt me saying it)

all im really commenting on is the overmodification (by 1 mod) and censorship of MY posts, because i use words like "retard" or "obnoxious".

get a grip
Old 02-09-2007, 12:59 AM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:

However, as a gesture of goodwill I dont mind telling people why I did what I did.

nice "gesture of goodwill" but.... you conveniently left out the part where you would tell 'PEOPLE' why you deleted a link i posted and why you overmoderate MY posts as you let dozens of others slide.

go on...
Old 02-09-2007, 01:07 AM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

You seem to have a difficult time understanding the boundaries of our 'relationship'

Allow me to repeat.

Quote:
I dont owe you any type of explanation for my actions
Im done with this.

If you reply to this you wont receive one back.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:41 AM   #10
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

Tony, if "obnoxious" or "retard" were directed at another member then it is indeed a personal attack, however miniscule it may be and whether any feelings were hurt or not, and even if a member "can take it". Sure, there are many message boards that don't care what their members say or do. But, that's where we take pride in behaving like respectable adults. We're not restricting freedom of speech, just encouraging and protecting the friendly atmosphere we've struggled so hard to build and seemingly maintain. We don't care if you want to call Chad Johnson a retard or any other creative phrase you want to throw together, just as long he isn't a member of this message board. So just have fun and enjoy posting.
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote