Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #21
Studa
Water Boy

Member Number: 1013
Default Re: deshea townsend

IMO.....I think deshea played okay, slipped a couple times but they all do. I also don't think Taylor played that bad, when he was beat, the ball was usually just a hand away, he wasn't getting killed out there......
Old 02-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #22
slashsteel

Member Number:

I saw Ike Friday, he is training at my work's sports complex, working on his strength and speed. He had a meeting with Tomlin and told me that went well. So I know he is focused on improving. Special trainers carry a price tag. I told him that I thought it would be BMAC and him starting side by side. With Deshea in the dime. This is the way I see it playing out. As I thought Ike got the shaft when much of the team wasn't playing well.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #23
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5008

Townsend is what he is. He has never had the prototypical size and speed one desires in a starting corner. He does however, make up for that by being technically sound (in coverage, and tackling), and he he plays the ball well in space. He does tend to get beat by big physical receivers, especially in the redzone. I agree he would be best suited for nickle back, but Taylor and McFadden have to step up and lay claim to the starting spots. If Townsend starts next year, it is because he outplayed either one or both of the the other two. Either way, Townsend just signed a cap friendly contract extension last offseason and will not being going anywhere else in the near future. One last thing about Townsend, he is an underrated blitzer from the corner. He is very good at disguising his blitzes and rarely misses the QB once he gets into the backfield. Just ask Matt Hasselback.
1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #24
steeler614
Banned

Member Number: 5011

on second thought Townsend is nearing the end of his career and despite what I said about not drafting a CB I was checking out Fred Bennett from SC, 6'1 198 lbs thinking maybe we should snag this guy after getting an OLB/DE and OG, we need at least 4 guys that could play and with Townsend aging and it being unknown if Coke will ever recover then drafting this guy may not be a bad idea.
steeler614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #25
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Just say "no" to coke.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Ikes problem is his hands... and not catching enough passes that he gets both hands on.
Desheas problem is that he tends to "bite" on double moves and play action...and seems to be in "recovery" mode all the time
Ike led the league in passes defended one year ago...he HAS the tools to be an exceptional CB...Deshea is a good utility Cb..and as someone mentioned was always probably more fit to be a nickel back.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #27
geo1963
Water Boy

Member Number: 5009

Deshea is just too small and too slow to be considered a starting corner. Although I for one think that the major problem with our secondary this year was a poor pass rush, Deshea was consistently getting beat by having very slow breaks on the ball and just being physically out muscled for the ball. Time to move on
geo1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:39 AM   #28
aussiesteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 5027

totally agree, deshea is just not able to physically perform anymore. desheas role is to be the nickel db and mentoring Ike and mcfadden.
aussiesteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #29
sheba

Member Number:

a coach has to do wat a coach got to do
Old 02-15-2007, 07:18 AM   #30
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

I like him....I just dont like the price tag he carries with him right now....too expensive to be a nickleback....he needs to take a pay cut to stay on the roster iin my opinion.
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote