Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: New Punter

There is no comparing Barr and Sepulveda...I would love to have Sepulveda on our team..but again ..I dont know what Tomlin's philosophy is....so have to believe Barr will be starting this year
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:22 AM   #12
sheba

Member Number:

u people r crazy to get red of chris
Old 02-10-2007, 07:35 AM   #13
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

While I agree that Gardocki did not punt well this past season, the team as a whole had their issues for most of the year. Gardocki had a pretty good season in 2005, as did the rest of the team, obviously. I'm not saying not to grab another punter if there is a better choice available either via FA or the draft, but I'm not going to throw stones at the guy for having one less than stellar season. I say give him a shot in camp and if another guy proves he can do a better job, then release Gardocki.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #14
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

When you play the style of football the Steelers play, and there is IMO no signs of coach Tomlin changing that style, field position plays an important role. I don't believe you can understate the punters role. I also agree that Gardocki didn't get the job done. If that kid Sepulveda is as good as advertised then he would play a valuable role in our ST's and for our team overall. Picture our defense with the opponent pinned against their endzone routinely.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,706 Times in 2,907 Posts

i know the rooneys would probably go a more affordable route but i wonder which one of josh miller or todd sauerbroid the pats will be cutting?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #16
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

let them battle it out and whoever gives the D the most oppertunities to t off on the opponent deep in their own territory should get the job.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Ill miss Gardocki. You could always count on him getting the ball off. But his leg just is not there anymore and I agree with others. We need a kicker who can kick it out of the EndZone, who can punt the ball with some good air time so are punt team can get down there to make the punt returner think about fair catch our move out of the way. Maybe if there is a good kicker left in the 5th are 6th round we might take but I doubt it, we have other needs that are higher priority and we do have Barr. Barr probably will be the new kicker if we do not go FA are UDFA. Its not like Barr is not practicing every year. Barr has been one of the best punters in NFLE each year. We all know how Cowher was, he stuck by players that maybe should of been changed out a year are two earlier in there career. Hopefully Tomlin makes the right choice.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #18
Fullback&Punter
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5007

Does anyone know if Sepulveda ever did kickoffs? Maybe he could punt and do kickoffs. I like Reed but we need a guy who can kick it deeper on kickoffs.
Fullback&Punter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #19
4thN10
Water Boy

Member Number: 4748

I'm very familiar with Michael Barr. Don't worry...he's still is in excellent shape and getting stronger. In addition to his strong legg, he has an excellent touch w/ the ball...he can pooch em' I-20 and can directional kick. Direction kicking is a lost art in today's game. Doc has trouble kicking to the sidelines...in fact one of Barr's main strengths is directional kicking.

Don't waste a draft pick on a punter we (already) got a good one in Mike!!
4thN10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #20
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Well, the pros of getting rid of Chris is that we would get more CAP room, and some fresh talent. The cons is that Chris was usually reliable, considering that he has never had a punt blocked, which is something to be proud of. Honestly, i think I'll be waiting til training camp to see what kind of talent we have at that position.

~Polamalufan43