Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Poor Willie Parker.

Some Steeler fans will continue to badmouth him no matter what he does. Check out what this guy has to say...

http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news/67079

8 carries for 19 yds in the pro bowl. Not pretty stats, but he ignores that the mighty Tiki Barber went 4 yds on 7 carries and then jumps on Willie for not catching an errant pass!

What does Willie have to do to prove he's a legitimate RB? In a sucky 2006, he's was our best player and carried the Steelers on his back on a few occasions(See Saints game).

Yinz take it from here.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Poor Willie Parker.

Its the freaking Pro Bowl so I could care less how Willie does in that game. Sure I wouldn't mind Willie scoring a TD but the key is Willie didn't get hurt in that meaningless game.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Its the freaking Pro Bowl so I could care less how Willie does in that game. Sure I wouldn't mind Willie scoring a TD but the key is Willie didn't get hurt in that meaningless game.
Agree completely - Tom Brady had the right idea when he played at Pebble Beach this weekend instead.

That game is a joke - even if the game is supposed to be some modified version of flag football (although Sean Taylor apparently did not get that memo) players still get injured - the Pro Bowl needs to go the way of its former bookend, the College All-Star Game, that used to start the season.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
Stainless Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4986

I saw what happend. His line didn't block worth anything when he got the ball. That game is a joke anyway.

Stainless Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
What does Willie have to do to prove he's a legitimate RB? In a sucky 2006, he's was our best player and carried the Steelers on his back on a few occasions(See Saints game).
You said it yourself, Edman. He was the best player on the team this year. Think of the yardage he would have accrued if the Steelers had actually been a playoff team. My hunch is that for the vast majority of Steeler fans, Willie has nothing to prove -- he has more than proven himself many times over, and the best news is that next season will only be his fourth. Let the badmouthers blow their hot air. They'll be jumping right back on the bandwagon when the Steelers are in the hunt again, not that any of us will care about them, right?

Last edited by alittlejazzbird; 02-11-2007 at 08:23 PM.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
You got that right!! Bengals fans are falling all over themselves with Carson being named MVP. He and Chad are nothing but attention w*h*o*r*e*s, as far as I'm concerned. They were all about getting the spotlight off Peyton Manning. I'm grateful all of our guys were smart enough to reliaze it was a meaningless game and put more effort on the beach with their families than in that stupid game.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Bengals fans are falling all over themselves with Carson being named MVP.
It kinda figures they'd get excited over their QB being named MVP of a meaningless game - what else have they had to cheer about?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts

Maybe Chad and Carson can purchase Pro Bowl champs rings.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

People People People.

It goes like this.

Unless a running back tips the scales at over 230... and can hit guys for four yards, he sucks.

What complete idiocy. The funniest thing is, one person actually posted that Bettis was too beat up to play in the playoffs... running against 8/9 in the box... DUH... Because BETTIS COULD ONLY RUN ONE WAY... BETWEEN THE TACKLES.

How stupid are people? THAT IS WHY BIG STEAMROLLER TEAMS DONT WIN SB's. I have said it a million times. BALANCE. I swear. People like that actually almost make me want to route for the bengals.... well... maybe not. BUt you get the point.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
Stainless Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
How stupid are people? THAT IS WHY BIG STEAMROLLER TEAMS DONT WIN SB's. I have said it a million times. BALANCE. I swear. People like that actually almost make me want to route for the bengals.... well... maybe not. BUt you get the point.
I agree 100%. By putting 8-9 in a box, they are able also to put pressure on the QB at the same time. I love Bettis, but he did bring about another set of problems for QB's.

Stainless Steel is offline   Reply With Quote