Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #11
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: afc north 2007

At this point the Ravens are the most complete team, but I would say the Steelers and Bengals have higher ceiling potentials.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
At this point the Ravens are the most complete team, but I would say the Steelers and Bengals have higher ceiling potentials.
I gotta say. When your not in the smack forum...

I actually like your posts.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 AM   #13
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
of course we are better than the ravens but what are we gonna do to prevent having our asses handed to us twice by them next year and beat them? rely on steve mcnair getting hurt like most people did last season? pray that ray lewis and ed reed both get injured again?

thats grasping at straws. the ravens woulda killed us with kyle boller as their qb last year anyways. we got to find a way to run on them and prevent ben getting sacked 14 times. then we got to be able to stop their offense.
Tony...

I gotta beleive this was sarcasm.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:40 AM   #14
Sleepless In Seattle
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1684

I agree Tony but I just cannot see us getting swept again this year by them. Pretty brutal schedule though and we need to play better on the road. The North is gonna be nasty.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

With all of the coaching changes, I am not going to say the Steelers will win the AFCN, though it is possible, but I do see them in the playoffs next season behind the Rats. I don't believe the Bungles are going to improve much over last season's record, so I'm not concerned about them. If we can take both games from the Ratfinks, I think we have a good shot on winning the division.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #16
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
With all of the coaching changes, I am not going to say the Steelers will win the AFCN, though it is possible, but I do see them in the playoffs next season behind the Rats. I don't believe the Bungles are going to improve much over last season's record, so I'm not concerned about them. If we can take both games from the Ratfinks, I think we have a good shot on winning the division.
I think we have the potenial this year, but the question is will another coaching change be a big distraction, and will someone step up and be a leader for the team. Honestly, I thin the Ravens will make the playoffs just because they are an all around good team, and it pains be deeply to say it. The Browns, yeah, not even worth me typing this sentence. The Bengals might make it, but I really don't have much of an opinion on them just yet.

~Polamalufan43
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #17
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

I think we'll have 2 teams from the AFCN make the playoffs in the 10 - 11 win range and the 3rd place just missing the playoff. with 8/8 or 9/7

If we play Steelers football theres no reason we cant win the division. just eliminate turnovers
on offense and recover them on D
Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #18
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

It's gonna a race between the Steelers, Ravens, & Bengals. There's no reason why the Steelers can't make the playoffs this year. Last season was a wake-up call for these guys, and they'll come out with a chip on their shoulder. With Baltimore playing that 1st place schedule, they might be the team that gets left out in the end. Cincinnati really needs to improve their defense before they have big playoff hopes. And Cleveland is 2-3 years away from being competitive.....
Old 02-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #19
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

In my opinion, I think that Tomlin can win a Super Bowl Tittle in his 1st NFL Season as Headcoach of the Steelers! This team is talented enough to do this super bowl run again.. and given that Bigben doesnt have another offseason like the last and with Santonio Holmes stayin' out of trouble and having a full spring to work with Big Ben and Hines and I think that our passing game along with Heath Miller can flourish. Our running attack.. must figure out what kind of style they are gonna show. Power or Finesse.. I think that Parker can and will get the job done, but he needs a breather every now and then. Our Defense should be back to its normal mean side. I think that special teams make a big difference somewhere down the line and the Steelers must address that position(s) Punter especially..
1. Ravens... will be hard to unseat but it can be done
2.Steelers... Less turnovers and a little more physical play against the Ravens things can/will change
3. Bengals.... Give them time and there will be no one left to play for them... JAILTIME ANYONE ELSE?
4. Browns... Crennell just not getting the job done
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #20
Dragon
Water Boy

Member Number: 2460

I think 2 teams will go to the playoffs, which is more difficult to say though.

I think the Steelers will be back, I believe we have the potential to do so

Bengals will be a competitor if Palmer can stay healthy and their players can stay out of jail.
With Ravens its a question whether McNair can stay healthy as well
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote