Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Talking A stud Falls To The Steelers

Now I know just like most NFL Draft junkies that every year there is 1 or 2 big players drop a little bit in the First or early rounds right?
Well, Who would you like to just fall to us at 15 in the first round that everyone thought might go alot higher..?
My choice would have to be
LOT Levi Brown Penn St.
He would be a monster for us for along time.
or DE Gaines Adams giving us some strength at that position.
Names on my list to remember include...
S LaRon Landry LSU
OT Joe Staley
FS BRANDON MERRIWEATHER MIAMI,Fla.
DE Jarvis Moss
C Ryan Kalil
WR Robert Meachem
WR Sidney Rice
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:46 AM   #2
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Default Re: A stud Falls To The Steelers

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,, nice list. Not sure if I could argue against any of them.
Well, except for the receivers. I just can't see spending a 1st round on them when we have needs elsewhere.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShooter View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,, nice list. Not sure if I could argue against any of them.
Well, except for the receivers. I just can't see spending a 1st round on them when we have needs elsewhere.
I agree. I think we have a solid WR core. We need more attention on the D from my perspective, making an exception at RB of course.

~Polamalufan43
Old 03-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Cool Re: A stud Falls To The Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalufan43 View Post
I agree. I think we have a solid WR core. We need more attention on the D from my perspective, making an exception at RB of course.

~Polamalufan43

THAT is exactly my opinion! I would love to see a big power back come to us, it's just part of our identity as a smash-mouth running team.

But other than that, I believe most of our attention should go to our Defense this draft.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
THAT is exactly my opinion! I would love to see a big power back come to us, it's just part of our identity as a smash-mouth running team.

But other than that, I believe most of our attention should go to our Defense this draft.
Yes, the D is starting to become slightly, um...not exactly old, let's say middle aged. That and I think we had problems last year that we could possibly fix in the draft if not at training camp.

~polamalufan43
Old 03-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:

I think our running game was decet last year. I think Willie/Poo are a decent combo. That being said, if we find an absolute beast, best in draft RB, WR or maybe even Center (one of our trademarks) at 15, I am OK with that. I still think we can satisfy D with most of our next picks. If no best available offensive beasts, then still think D first.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I think our running game was decet last year. I think Willie/Poo are a decent combo. That being said, if we find an absolute beast, best in draft RB, WR or maybe even Center (one of our trademarks) at 15, I am OK with that. I still think we can satisfy D with most of our next picks. If no best available offensive beasts, then still think D first.

I agree, except at RB. There is no reason to draft first round at RB. It would be better to trade down for two 2nd round picks. We don't want a first rounder, making first round money, sitting on the bench, and that is what he will be doing, because Willie is and will be the starter for quite some time.

That is why I say pick up a RB in teh second round. Heck, trade the first round pick for 2 second rounds... and pick up a RB, a CB, and a LB or a lineman. At that point in the draft, you'd still get three quality players that could see action the first year.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:35 AM   #8
Elvis
Banned

Good thoughts everyone ... I really dont think that we should draft a RB in the first 3 or 4 rounds but if someone like Peterson was to fall to us at 15 wouldnt you take him? I just think that our WR spots are not as strong as people think right now.. Hines of course is the best and then there is Holmes.. but who is the next best reciever that we have? No one has really impressed me so far... Wilson aint the answer at no.3.. not in my opinion... after those 2 I see nothing but incosistency... that being said I havent seen enough of Willie Reid to have much of an assessment on him... If Sidney Rice is available in the 2nd I hope the Steelers step up and grab him..
Jesus Is Love
Elvis
Old 03-19-2007, 01:39 AM   #9
Elvis
Banned

Hey.. I know that we got Anthony Smith at FS last year but I think that maybe Brandon Merriweather from the U might be a great comliment to Troy at FS and if something was to happen that Troy doesnt come back 100% then we would have someone that could take his place...
What ya think?
GO TARHEELS!!
Jesus Loves You..
Elvis