Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #21
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Default Re: BIG Recievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
I am all for a big WR, not sure about getting one in 1. I think we have other more pressing needs. But between 3 and 7 why not. It could create matchup problems and that is always a plus.
That's where I was going with this. Thanks for putting it in simple terms for me.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

If you are looking for a tall fast reciever in the later rounds..then we could look at Jacoby Jones from Lane College Height: 6-4 Weight: 210 lbs. ..and ran a 4.44 forty.
...some people are comparing him to Colston from the Saints ...and he did well at the East-West Shrine Game..
Lane is a small school but he may be worth a late round pickup based on potential...was named SIAC offensive player of the year and league MVP after leading the conference in receiving yards, all-purpose yards, kick return and punt return average.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #23
yinzer-inseattle
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4779

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
If you are looking for a tall fast reciever in the later rounds..then we could look at Jacoby Jones from Lane College Height: 6-4 Weight: 210 lbs. ..and ran a 4.44 forty.
...some people are comparing him to Colston from the Saints ...and he did well at the East-West Shrine Game..
Lane is a small school but he may be worth a late round pickup based on potential...was named SIAC offensive player of the year and league MVP after leading the conference in receiving yards, all-purpose yards, kick return and punt return average.
I really like this take especially considering Jones will probably be there for the taking in rounds 4-7.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #24
slashsteel

Member Number:

Meachem might fit the bill in 2/3

Later there is also Aaron Fairooz out of Central Arkansas 6-6 215 and runs a 4.54 forty. (Free agent probably) or a Jordan Kent WR Oregon 6-4 210 4.49 ( 5th maybe) But nothing wrong with small school late Lambert. On day two I am open to reaches with talent.

Last edited by slashsteel; 02-18-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Dont forget that Jeff Samardzija has announced he will pursue a Major League Baseball career...he was ranked as the #4 reciever in this draft...so instead of wasting a 6th or 7th round pick...it may be worth the gamble to draft him and retain his rights...like the Texans did to Drew Henson...(and hopefully pan out better than that pick did!!)
Old 02-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #26
slashsteel

Member Number:

I would be for given up a 7th to own Jeff's rights. But with our late round success at times, I think the FO might be reluctant to go for someone who won't be in camp helping us this upcoming year.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #27
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
I would be for given up a 7th to own Jeff's rights. But with our late round success at times, I think the FO might be reluctant to go for someone who won't be in camp helping us this upcoming year.
I agree..they probably won't..but SOMEONE will....I personally would take the gamble even though every time I watched him play I kept thinking ...Danny Farmer!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #28
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Meachem might fit the bill in 2/3

Later there is also Aaron Fairooz out of Central Arkansas 6-6 215 and runs a 4.54 forty. (Free agent probably) or a Jordan Kent WR Oregon 6-4 210 4.49 ( 5th maybe) But nothing wrong with small school late Lambert. On day two I am open to reaches with talent.

I think we would be well served by selecting Jordan Kent on the second day. As i've said before,..... Wilson is a 'guest' and i'm not sold on Nate Washington.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
i like that idea. the way weve pissed away late round draft picks lately, this couldnt hurt. not that it would immediately help. does this count as a roster spot? if not go for it.

it does sound like jeff is gonna play out his baseball contract though.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #30
slashsteel

Member Number:

Quote:
does this count as a roster spot?
I don't bellieve it counts against the 53. Some kind of reserve thing.