Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: Biggest AFCN concern
The browns 0 0%
The bengals 10 31.25%
The Ratbirds 14 43.75%
None of them, they all will suck 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
Rush58
Starter

Member Number: 516
Default Re: Who concerns you the most in the AFCN

Ravens! I was not impressed with the Bengals last night. The Ravens, despite Boller, can still be very dangerous. The Bengals, on the other hand, need stellar play from Carson Palmer.
Rush58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #12
stand undefeated
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 507

If I were to rank the AFCN teams as threats according to a percentage rate, it would be...

Cleveland 1%
Cincinnati 1%
Baltimore 1%

Steelers 97%

The fact of this matter is, the only way these "rivals" can beat us, is if we beat ourselves.

Period.
stand undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #13
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand undefeated
If I were to rank the AFCN teams as threats according to a percentage rate, it would be...

Cleveland 1%
Cincinnati 1%
Baltimore 1%

Steelers 97%

The fact of this matter is, the only way these "rivals" can beat us, is if we beat ourselves.

Period.

And I thought I was a homer.........You guys are so great, you will have another 15-1 season hell you will 16-0.......Whatever you can take your 1% and shove it up your ass, I am not going to trash talk you gyus until the Bengals beat you....
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #14
stand undefeated
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
And I thought I was a homer.........You guys are so great, you will have another 15-1 season hell you will 16-0.......Whatever you can take your 1% and shove it up your ass, I am not going to trash talk you gyus until the Bengals beat you....
::Yawns::

::Getting Sleepy::
stand undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:30 AM   #15
SteelZeal
Water Boy

Member Number: 552

If you don't think it's the Ravens, you're kidding yourself.

I hate the Ravens more than most (I went to college in MD), but let's be honest. The Ravens have a very good D, and while it is sometimes overhyped, it is still very good. The Bengals, on the other hand, do not have a good defense. Especially against the run, and if you can't stop the run in this division, you're not a real threat. People can say the Cincy D is improved, but it's just talk at this point. Any team that let the Browns drop 48 on them last year, at home, is not a defense to fear. The Cincy offense is definitely solid, and Baltimore's is lacking. But I'm more confident in getting 31-17 wins over Cincy than 13-9 struggling wins against Baltimore.

I've also seen the Ravens win plenty of games they had no business winning. Can't say I've seen the Bungles do the same.
SteelZeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #16
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

I'm not concerned about any of our division rivals. Sure, they may have a chance against us in a head to head game, but eventually they will self destruct and/or drag each other down to where they belong: below us. To win the division, we just have to keep our collective eye on the prize.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:12 PM   #17
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Right now I would say the Ravens, but I think I need to watch a preseason game of the Ravens and Bengals to get a better idea.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #18
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

For me its the Ravens. The Browns and Bengals need several players to play up to their potential to come back into contention. For the Reavens they really only have one who needs to start playing better and that is Boller. So if he can do better than the Ravens will be better.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 AM   #19
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i fear the ravens more then any of the other teams, the bengals will have another decent year but not to where they'll contend for the division. the browns still suck so obviously i don't worry about them beating us. the ravens have jamal lewis healthy and ready to take out his anger by running over ppl, heap is healthy and is a very good tight end, they got derrick mason, they got clayton who scares the shit out of me because i've seen what he can do, i'm a ut fan so i know what kind of threat he is. and their d is awesome, ed reed is crucial, suggs is good, rolle might be a good fit, and of course ray lewis. i think it's going to be a very tight race for the division but i say we take it by 1-2 games. damn i can't wait for the season to start, even though i can't watch the games cause i live in texas and i'm stuck watching the texans and cowboys. damn i'm looking at the schedule and i can't watch the steelers till oct. 10th, well at least i get to see them play a worthless preseason game on friday against the redskins.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:11 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Here is outsiders take on the AFCN

Pittsburgh -

Defence and Ball control will again be the strong suits of the Steelers. Assuming that they can keep Bettis and Staley healthy for the majority of the season they will still have the best 1-2 combo in the league at RB.
All eyes will be on QB Ben R - if I had a penny for everytime I heard the phrase 'sophomore slump' I would be considerably richer!
Amazingly some pundits/fans are managing to put a negative spin on an excellent 1st year for Ben - yes he was protected well by a top notch O-line and RB division - but the fact remains that he still outperformed 98% of QB's in their rookie year.
My major concern with this team is injuries at key positions ( a worry for every team I am sure) - not alot of depth at key skills positions on offence could leave the D shouldering the burden for large parts of the season.

Ravens -

On paper, the strongest deepest D in the NFL has improved again this year with a few acquisitions in the off-season.
With Jamal Lewis returning at RB and new WR target Mason, Kyle Boller is all set for an improved year at QB - no-one is looking for 300yard games - just consistent mistake free football should be enough to keep the Ravens competetive against all comers this year.
The Ravens are my official AFC 'dark horse'.

Bengals -

Exciting on paper, the Bengals highly touted Offence is all set for a high octane year.
Carson Palmer has showed us plenty of glimpses of elite talent - this is his year to put it all together as a package and lead the Bengals to the post season.
Strong and talented at WR and RB - the Bengals O will provide plenty of fireworks this year...and judging by the past performance of their D unit - they very well may need to.
The Bengals biggest weakness last year was undoubtedly their D - but on a positive note they have defnsively minded coach and some new talent from the draft to plug into key positions.

Browns -

Beginning of a rebuilding phase for Crennels Browns - this team will have two plans of action running concurrently.
Firstly, build from the bottom up - this means a much improved draft day performance and better judgement on younger talent.
Secondly, the plugging in of key veteran acquisitions in order to grab just enough wins for the next 2/3 seasons to keep Crennel in a job.
This franchise has been mismanaged so poorly the earliest playoff challenge wont be until 2008, but this process maybe be accelerated somewhat if they can keep trading dead wood to the Broncos.
The Browns are my official candidate for 'worst record in the league'

Ok folks here endeth a Pats fans take on the AFCN - bring on the proper games!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote