Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,854 Times in 4,493 Posts
Default anklebiter pac man jones involved in another fracas?

appearantly he was in a brawl at a las vegas nightclub for all star game festivities that wound up with 3 people getting shot and the bouncer having his ankle bitten by pac man. early reports from adam schefter is that the bouncer put pac man in an arm lock. pac man had surgery on his shoulder 10 days ago and left in discomfort.

he was born to be a bungle, how did he not wind up with them?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: anklebiter pac man jones involved in another fracas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
appearantly he was in a brawl at a las vegas nightclub for all star game festivities that wound up with 3 people getting shot and the bouncer having his ankle bitten by pac man. early reports from adam schefter is that the bouncer put pac man in an arm lock. pac man had surgery on his shoulder 10 days ago and left in discomfort.

he was born to be a bungle, how did he not wind up with them?
That was just his luck.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

........people are drafted onto the wrong teams all the time Bro.

With F/A, I'm sure he'll find his rightful group within a few seasons.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

It's amazing how this guy always finds himself at the wrong place at the wrong time......

Jones wasn't involved in shooting, lawyer says

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones witnessed but wasn't involved in a shooting at a Las Vegas strip club that injured three, his lawyer said.

Jones, who has faced charges in other nightclub arrests in Tennessee, was only a witness to the triple shooting early Monday that left two critically wounded, attorney Worrick Robinson said Tuesday.

Robinson said Jones was in Las Vegas to attend the NBA All Star game over the weekend and was invited to the Minxx Gentleman's Club, where the shooting occurred in the parking lot as Jones was leaving.

Jones was interviewed by local authorities as a witness, not as a suspect, Robinson said. Jones did not know anyone involved in the shooting, he said.

"He is cooperating with authorities, and he is free to return to Nashville," Robinson said.

Jones has faced criminal charges three times since the Titans made him the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft - all involving incidents at nightclubs in Tennessee.

The cornerback promised he had seen the inside of a courtroom for the last time on Feb. 1 when a judge dismissed an assault charge filed by a woman who claimed Jones spit on her during an October nightclub altercation.

Charges in a confrontation with a club manager during a private party in July 2005 also have been dismissed. But Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro.

Robinson said the incident in Las Vegas started as an altercation between women in the club, prompting the owners to turn on the lights and ask everyone to leave.

Jones and his friends exited the back door of the club and were walking around the front to get in their car when he heard shouting, his attorney said.

"An altercation broke out in the parking lot and someone started firing a gun," Robinson said. "He (Jones) and his friends ran to the vehicle they arrived in and left."

Robinson said he didn't think this latest incident violated the judge's order to stay out of trouble.

"I would expect the judge to be monitoring this incident, but he was just really a witness to what occurred," Robinson said. "I would not think the judge would hold that against him."

Jones led the NFL in punt return average with 12.9 yards per return in 2006, and he tied a franchise record set in 1975 by Billy "White Shoes" Johnson with three punt returns for touchdowns. He was an alternate for the AFC Pro Bowl roster at returner.

He also was second on the Titans with four interceptions, one returned 83 yards for a TD.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6488246

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-21-2007 at 08:56 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
tony hipchest
Supporter

hmmm. no word from the lawyer about jones supposedly having his repaired shoulder popped out of place or the dna sample he was asked to give.

Quote:
"I would not think the judge would hold that against him."
i think when the judge says, stay out of trouble, that means stay out of the clubs at 3 am.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
tony hipchest
Supporter

it seems eye witnesses and video suveilance show that pac man arrived with and left with the shooter. pac man was said to punch a woman a few times in the face and bite the bouncer.

appearantly this all started during something called the "raindance" where, i guess pac man gets $100 in a stack of ones, throws them up in the air, and the stripper dances in the falling money . i guess the stripper didnt know proper strip ettiquite and started to scrounge up the dollar bills too soon so she got her ass kicked.

way to put dat ho in check, Pac!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i guess the stripper didnt know proper strip ettiquite and started to scrounge up the dollar bills too soon so she got her ass kicked.

way to put dat ho in check, Pac!
Hey, at times you have to go Ralph Cifaretto on the strippers. What can you do?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #8
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

I really can't figure out professional athletes. You are millionaires and in the public eye. Why the hell can't you stay out of trouble.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #9
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Hey, at times you have to go Ralph Cifaretto on the strippers. What can you do?
i just heard a bit more. according to the owner of the club, while the bouncer had jones pinned to the ground he was heard saying "im gonna kill you". it seems all the patrons left including pac and his homie. the homie returned with a gun and emptied his gat towards the 2 bouncers standing in the doorway. while no one died, one of the 3 hit is now paralyzed.

he will probably never walk again.
pac man will take the field on opening day.
and the poor girl will never be able to be in, or watch, a ticker tape parade.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #10
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Club owner accuses Pacman

Says Jones was at center of events before shooting

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Titans cornerback Pacman Jones set off a melee that led to a triple shooting outside a Las Vegas strip club early Monday morning, the club's co-owner said Wednesday, based on accounts he said he had from eyewitnesses.
It's a completely different version of events than the one given by Jones' at-torney, who said his client told Las Ve-gas detectives that he had done nothing wrong and that no one with him had a gun or was involved in the shooting.

OAS_AD('300x250_1');
Robert Susnar said Jones had been in Minxx Gentleman's Club with the man who later came back and did the shooting. Susnar said Jones had threatened one of the club's security guards after the guard restrained Jones during a fracas involving some of the strippers.
"For Pacman to have the gall to say he doesn't know the shooter is ridiculous," Susnar said. "Not only does he know the shooter, his girlfriend knows the shooter, and everyone who was with him knows the shooter. They came with him and they left with him."
Las Vegas police said Wednesday that they were still searching for the gunman, who fired into a crowd as patrons were leaving the club around 5 a.m. Monday and then left the scene.
Detectives have interviewed Jones, who hasn't been named a suspect or person of interest.
Attorney Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said Tuesday that police were convinced Jones wasn't involved in shooting.
"I have stated my understanding of what occurred as it relates to Mr. Jones,'' Robinson said Wednesday. "Now we are going to let the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department continue with their investigation and will continue to cooperate with them in the event they need to speak to Mr. Jones. We are confident the findings of their investigation will be consistent with our findings.''
Susnar said he was not at the club when the incident took place and did not see the shooting. He said he arrived at his conclusion after interviewing employees who worked that night and after watching a video surveillance tape of what transpired inside the club.
Susnar said a camera outside the building, where the shooting took place, had blown a circuit and was not working.
Police said they obtained video and interviewed numerous witnesses.
A security guard shot in the chest and arm was released from a Las Vegas hospital on Tuesday. A female patron shot in the head remains in stable condition. Another security guard shot in the chest remains in critical condition and is going to be paralyzed for life, Susnar said.
"What he got for working hard that night, putting in a good day's work, what he gets for a reward is having one of Pacman's entourage put a bullet in his spine and paralyze him from the waist down,'' Susnar said.
Melee began over money
Jones was in Las Vegas attending the NBA All-Star game and other festivities.
According to Susnar, Jones arrived at the club with several others, including the man whom eyewitnesses later identified as the shooter. Susnar said the melee broke out when Jones began throwing money into the air around strippers.
"The dancers are supposed to dance, but not pick up money,'' Susnar said. "But some of the girls didn't know that, and when one girl tried to pick up the money without Pacman giving her permission," he said, Jones angrily confronted the woman.
When a security guard grabbed Jones, the player's entourage jumped in, Susnar said. A woman with Jones then hit the guard over the head with a champagne bottle and Jones attacked the guard, according to Susnar.
He says threat heard
Jones then "proceeded to track the same girl down,'' Susnar said. He said security staff grabbed Jones again, sparking an expletive-filled threat that he said four people witnessed.
"He was out of his mind,'' Susnar said witnesses told him about Jones. "As (one security guard) held Pacman, Pacman," he said, threatened the guard in an expletive-laced outburst.
"When we get him outside of the club, the guy that was sitting directly next to Pacman the entire time returns with a handgun from his car and shoots (the security guards) in the chest," Susnar said. "Maybe this is just some bizarre coincidence, that some unknown gunman would come back 10-20 minutes after we kicked Pacman out of the club and shoots my guys after (Jones' threats), but I am going to think not."
Robinson would not comment on the accusations made by Susnar.
Susnar said everyone entering the club the night of the incident was screened with a metal detector and patted down.
Owner fears reprisal
Susnar said he was "100 percent" certain that his account of the night was correct.
"People have told me, 'You shouldn't say anything about this. You should let it blow over,' " Susnar said. "And the reason that they're warning me against saying anything is for fear of reprisal from Pacman and his crew. ? Am I afraid
that they are going to come back and do something? Absolutely. But am I going to let this thing blow over? Absolutely not.
"I can only hope that somebody within that group ? Pacman, his publicist, his girlfriend, one of the people in their entourage ? has the decency to stand up and tell the truth."
The Tennessean learned that Jones spoke with Titans officials from his home in Atlanta on Wednesday. The team has yet to comment on the incident.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote