Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-23-2007, 11:58 PM   #21
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: anklebiter pac man jones involved in another fracas?

Some people just Never learn and I am believing that he is definitely one of them
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:13 AM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

More Trouble
'Pacman' faces obstruction charges from Ga. incident
Posted: Thursday March 1, 2007 2:07AM; Updated: Thursday March 1, 2007 2:09AM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is scheduled to appear in court in Georgia later this month on obstruction charges from an incident with police last year, The Tennessean reported Wednesday night.

Jones, who has been staying with family and friends near his hometown of Atlanta, was recently accused of being involved in a fight at a Las Vegas strip club that ended in the shootings of two bouncers and a customer. Police have not named any suspects in the case and no one has been charged.

Now Jones is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Fayetteville, Ga., on subpoenas for felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges for an incident outside a home in February 2006, The Tennessean reported on its Web site Wednesday night. Jones owns a home in Fayetteville.

"One of our officers was involved in a traffic stop with him, and after Pacman and others ran into a home, there was a physical altercation between him and the officer, and he was involved in that. He was arrested for that," Police Chief Steve Heaton told the newspaper.

It wasn't immediately known why the charges weren't filed earlier.

The Tennessean also reported that Jones was arrested and charged with marijuana possession in the same county a month later, but the charges were later dismissed.

Worrick Robinson, one of Jones' attorneys, declined comment to the newspaper Wednesday night. Phone messages left late Wednesday night at the offices of Robinson and Atlanta attorney Manny Arora weren't immediately returned.

Mike Pruitt of the Georgia county's Drug Task Force said marijuana was found in two rooms of a home belonging to Jones by officers executing a search warrant. When Jones drove up to the home, Pruitt said he smelled marijuana coming from Jones' car.

"I asked him why his (Corvette) smelled so bad and he said, 'We were smoking it on the way down here from Nashville,"' Pruitt told the newspaper. "Personally, I think the NFL needs to change its drug policy because (players) basically know they are going to get drug tested.

"I asked him, 'Why do you want to throw your career away for a bunch of marijuana junk?' He said, 'I know when I am going to get drug tested, so I quit doing it.' It's just crazy."

Pruitt said he did not know the marijuana charges were dismissed.

The alleged obstruction occurred one night in February when Jones and friends were sitting in a car outside a house around 1 a.m., Heaton said. Police had been monitoring the area for burglaries and when they approached the car there was a verbal confrontation. Jones wasn't suspected of being involved in any burglaries.

"The verbal altercation led to a physical confrontation and they ran into a home they were sitting outside of. We had to run in and get them and there was a physical confrontation with Pacman and he was charged with the felony obstruction," Heaton said. "We had to get physical with him and he got physical with us."

Including the most recently reported Georgia incidents, there have been 10 times Jones has been in trouble and the police have been involved. He has been arrested four times. Charges from a Nashville nightclub incident in July 2005 were dismissed in March 2006. A judge dismissed a simple assault charge for spitting on a woman on Feb. 1.

The Titans have said they are monitoring Jones' legal troubles, but have refused to comment on any of the allegations.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Old 03-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #23
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Titans | Jones linked to drug dealer
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:24:59 -0800

News Channel 5 in Nashville, Tenn., reports police wiretaps and documents link Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones to one of the largest drugs rings in recent history. Metro Police busted the ring April 1, 2006. Jones was recorded talking to Darryl Moore, who was the target of the investigation. Evidence showed that Moore may have even done drug deals from Jones' house. The recordings revealed Moore's concern that Jones' smoking pot too much may hurt his career. They also raised questions as to whether Moore was a dealer for Jones. Jones faces no charges at this time.

Titans | A. Jones' family worried about his future
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:29:24 -0800

ESPN.com reports members of Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones' family are concerned about his well-being following his involvement in a Las Vegas strip club incident. "He is the only child my son had, and I worry every day about him. I got this age number - if he can just make it to 26, I think he'll be OK," Jones' grandmother, Willie Louise Davis, said in an interview with the Tennessean. Jones' father was shot and killed when Jones was only five years of age. "But his daddy didn't make it past 26. I worry, and I hope and pray that (Pacman) can go beyond that and many, many more years. Me and his mother both talk about that all the time." "Everybody tries to talk to him," added Jones' uncle, Robert Jones. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him…I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it."
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 AM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

"Everybody tries to talk to him," added Jones' uncle, Robert Jones. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him…I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it."

Maybe a few years in the slammer will teach him a lesson? It's either that or death. Personally, I really don't care what happens to the guy. He's a grown adult. Maybe he should start acting like one? It's his bed. My only concern is that he might take some innocent bystander down with him.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-01-2007 at 04:02 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:02 AM   #25
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
"Everybody tries to talk to him," added Jones' uncle, Robert Jones. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him?I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it."

Maybe a few years in the slammer will teach him a lesson? It's either that or death. Personally, I really don't care what happens to the guy. He's a grown adult. Maybe he should start acting like one? It's his bed. My only concern is that he doesn't take any innocent bystanders down with him.
I think the biggest point in any team having this out of control kid is will his so called crew shoot some team mates if he gets into it with them. I doubt this kid lives 3 more years at his pace, our stays out of prison which ever comes first. If titans drop him, I am pretty for sure no one will pick him up. Kid has talent and is wasting it because he cannot change his attitude are the people he hangs around with. He is the only destroyer of his own career.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,656 Times in 2,888 Posts

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10026629/2
Quote:
On Monday night, WTVF-TV aired a wire-tapped phone conversation from a drug investigation in which one of Jones' acquaintances talks about the player's drug use, gambling on college football and not taking football seriously.

"You know, I was talkin' to (Jones) the other day about smokin', and he was like 'Man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,"' said Darryl Moore, who faces charges including conspiracy and possession of cocaine and marijuana for resale.

In the same investigation, police confiscated a 2004 Cadillac XLT with "PAC-MAN" embroidered in the front seats. Jones said he had loaned the car to Moore for use in a rap video, and he bought the car back at auction.
i heard part of the transcripts and his homie was worried that tupacman "shakur" jones wouldnt give up the weed for 30 days to get it out of his system before scheduled NFL testing. sounds like moore was worried about losing his meal ticket.

8 run ins with the law??? make it 10:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10030785

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 1, 2007) -- Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is scheduled to appear in court in Georgia later this month on obstruction charges from an incident with police last year, The Tennessean reported.

Jones, who has been staying with family and friends near his hometown of Atlanta, was recently accused of being involved in a fight at a Las Vegas strip club that ended in the shootings of two bouncers and a customer. Police have not named any suspects in the case and no one has been charged.

Now Jones is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Fayetteville, Ga., on subpoenas for felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges for an incident outside a home in February 2006, The Tennessean reported on its Web site Feb. 28. Jones owns a home in Fayetteville.

"One of our officers was involved in a traffic stop with him, and after Pacman and others ran into a home, there was a physical altercation between him and the officer, and he was involved in that. He was arrested for that," Police Chief Steve Heaton told the newspaper.

It wasn't immediately known why the charges weren't filed earlier.

The Tennessean also reported that Jones was arrested and charged with marijuana possession in the same county a month later, but the charges were later dismissed.
and now sme words of wisdom from pac from the aformentionned case:

Quote:
When Jones drove up to the home, Pruitt said he smelled marijuana coming from Jones' car.

"I asked him why his (Corvette) smelled so bad and he said, 'We were smoking it on the way down here from Nashville,"' Pruitt told the newspaper. "Personally, I think the NFL needs to change its drug policy because (players) basically know they are going to get drug tested.

"I asked him, 'Why do you want to throw your career away for a bunch of marijuana junk?' He said, 'I know when I am going to get drug tested, so I quit doing it.' It's just crazy."

Pruitt said he did not know the marijuana charges were dismissed.
i got to give it to pacman though. atleast he didnt give the age old line "i be lended my vette to my hommie and he musta blazed a blunt in it- it wasnt me"

oh, and latest reports from his lawyer regarding the vegas incident was that pacman was the victim.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
I think the biggest point in any team having this out of control kid is will his so called crew shoot some team mates if he gets into it with them. I doubt this kid lives 3 more years at his pace, our stays out of prison which ever comes first.
If he was just a regular Joe, he'd probably already be doing 5-10. No sympathy here.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #28
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Pac Man is trying to beat out the entire Bengals team in number of run-ins with the law.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,656 Times in 2,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Pac Man is trying to beat out the entire Bengals team in number of run-ins with the law.
i wonder if theres odds on this in vegas. my moneys on pacman.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #30
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

RAIN MAN BIT COP
Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper reports that Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones bit a police officer as part of the incident that resulted in felony obstruction charges being filed against him in early 2006.
"Adam Jones would not hold his hands together so the officer could put handcuffs on him to arrest him, and a fight ensued," said a representative of the district attorney's office in Fayette County, Georgia. "That's when he bit the officer on the thumb."
The bite caused the crime to increase from a misdemeanor to a felony.
McCormick also reports that Jones did not disclose the arrest to the team. As we explained on Thursday, failure to report an arrest is in and of itself a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.
McCormick also reports that Jones' mother pleaded guilty to marijuana possession in a March 2006 incident at Jones' home in Fairburn, Georgia. Somehow, charges against Jones were dropped.
"There was marijuana all over the basement, and it was his house," said Mike Pruitt of the Fayette County Drug Task Force. "Under constructive possession, that should have been enough for a jury to decide this case."
Does anyone out there think that Jones will ever play pro football again? We sure don't.