Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
Raider_Nation00
Water Boy

Member Number: 5073
Default Re: Chris Henry

Trust me I am a Pac-10 guys you don't want this guy... He has Lamont Jordan syndrome... As soon a any contact comes he falls down...I watched his games and he never looked that quick, I think he is much slower with pads on.
Raider_Nation00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,810 Times in 4,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Nation00 View Post
Trust me I am a Pac-10 guys you don't want this guy... He has Lamont Jordan syndrome... As soon a any contact comes he falls down...I watched his games and he never looked that quick, I think he is much slower with pads on.
interresting nugget. i looked at his combine results and he pretty much finished in the top 5 in all the drills.

so he could just be a workout wonder, or he could be raw and un polished. some team will take a gamble on him based on his nunbers alone. after all the steelers took a gamble on willie based on speed alone. i just wonder how far henrys workouts have moved him up peoples boards. probably to the 7th-9th rb taken which would probably put him as a 4th or 5th rounder.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I would take him in the 5th if hes still on the board
Old 02-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #14
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

maybe even the 4th...
Hey, the guy didnt start in college........We have another running back on our team who didnt start in college!!!Fast Willie!!!

and this kid is much bigger
26 reps on of 225 lbs
Old 02-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
tony hipchest
Supporter

well, he is definitely no longer "off the radar"

http://nfl.com/combine/story/10023516

Quote:

The most asked question right now is: Who is Chris Henry? The answer is he is a running back from Arizona who entered school there in 2003. He was hurt early on and then in 2004 and 2005 he never started but played some. In 2006, he got in a couple of starts but was still mostly a reserve. In high school, he won the 100-meter track championship at Stockton High School in Stockton, Calif. But until this year, he had never really played much in college, starting only a couple of times this year. If you look at all the draft books, you see that he's nowhere to be listed in any of them.

So why all the interest? The 5-11, 230-pound running back notched 26 bench presses (second best for runners), the second-best 10-yard time at 1.51 (Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson was 1.54), and he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds. The way he worked out created an unbelievable amount of interest. He was definitely the most talked about prospect in the city of Indianapolis last night.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #16
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,379 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
The most asked question right now is: Who is Chris Henry?
Um, a Bungle that can't stay out of trouble?!? Oops, wrong "Chris Henry." Sorry, couldn't resist.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #17
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Um, a Bungle that can't stay out of trouble?!? Oops, wrong "Chris Henry." Sorry, couldn't resist.

lol
Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #18
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

So would anyone else like to see this guy in black and gold....??????
Old 03-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #19
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

I'm not sold on Henry. Yes he performed well at workouts,.....but his onfield production on the collegiate level was virtually non existant. I would'nt be against possibly giving him a look on the second day. But even then it would have to be after we had (by perhaps with some daring) addressed our most pressing needs.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #20
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

i'd pass on him, i rather us draft tony hunt.......hunt didn't have a great combine but who cares, i don't remember ever seeing a running back run a straight line with no pads and no one not trying to tackle you, so the combine and pro day mean nothing to me, i rather look at what they do in actual games and hunt actually played with some heart.

everything i read on henry makes me like him less, he's a punk when it comes to contact

Quote:
Strengths:
Very good athlete with an outstanding blend of size and timed speed...A strong runner who does not go down easily...Has a terrific burst...He's able to run up the middle or kick it outside and turn the corner...Has the ability to be a solid receiver out of the backfield...Does not have a lot of mileage on his tires...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Does not have much starting experience and he never carried the load...Was not very productive at all in college...Not overly tough or aggressive...A questionable motor...May have character concerns...Runs too high...Impatient runner...He's not shifty or elusive...Sub par blocker...Doesn't play up to those great physical tools.

Notes:
Classic workout warrior who "Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane"...Has all of the physical tools you look for but to this point has been an underachiever...Entered the draft after his junior year despite a less than impressive on-field resume...He will likely get picked much higher than his production would indicate thanks to the show he put on at the Combine but it will be based almost solely on his potential.
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote