Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #21
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935
Default Re: Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
maybe even the 4th...
Hey, the guy didnt start in college........We have another running back on our team who didnt start in college!!!Fast Willie!!!

and this kid is much bigger
26 reps on of 225 lbs
don't try to compare him to willie

henry had a chance to be something but he never took advantage of the opportunity

willie never had a chance cause the coaches didn't like him
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #22
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

We need help at DE,LB,OL,and WR before we go drafting some RB who almost never played in college.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

hes ok we dont need a RB

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #24
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Nation00 View Post
Trust me I am a Pac-10 guys you don't want this guy... He has Lamont Jordan syndrome... As soon a any contact comes he falls down...I watched his games and he never looked that quick, I think he is much slower with pads on.
so do the raider linemen....
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #25
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
My biggest concern would be that he'd keep getting arrested because the cops would mistake him for the other Chris Henry
yeah.....if i were him i believe i'd change my name to something like....charles manson....chris henry just draws to much attention.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #26
TJSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 4706

Here is info on Henry from Scout's inc. Sounds like a late round or undrafted free agent. Didn't we draft someone out of Virginia last year that sounded like this. I'd rather spend a 3rd or 4th and get a quality backup/big back to pair with Fast Willie.

Strengths: A big, strong back with lots of mileage left on his legs. Shows good initial quickness and burst through the hole. He possesses above-average straight-line speed for his size and can bounce some runs outside once he hits the second level. He shows the ability to push the pile when he runs with good leverage and lowers his shoulder. He will bounce off would-be tacklers and displays an effective stiff-arm. While he needs polishing in the passing game, he does display soft hands and the ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal starting experience; he was never the fulltime load-carrier in college. Not overly elusive and won't make many defenders miss in space. He is impatient; will run up the heels of his linemen and also looks to bounce plays outside too early. He is big and strong but doesn't consistently run with good pad-level and takes too many shots to his body. He's not a great route-runner, and his pass-blocking technique is marginal. We also have concerns about his competitiveness after his decision to leave school rather than compete for the starting job at Arizona in 2007.

Overall: Henry appeared in two games in 2003 as a true freshman before injuring his leg and obtaining a medical redshirt. In 2004 he returned to appear in all 11 games (zero starts) and finished the season with 159 yards rushing and two touchdowns on 56 carries (2.8 average). Henry played in all 11 games again in 2005 (zero starts), rushing 34 times for 119 yards (3.5 average) and also contributed on special teams. Henry played in 11 of 12 games in 2006, earned seven starts and finished with 165 carries for 581 yards (3.5 average) and seven touchdowns. Over the past three seasons he has caught 25 passes for 191 yards and one touchdown.

Henry is a big back with good burst, but his inexperience, lack of elusiveness and impatience are glaring. Henry is very much an unproven commodity, but he displays enough promising characteristics to warrant a gamble in the mid-to-late rounds.
TJSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #27
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

how many times can this guy get arrested

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #28
steelcitysfinestXL
Water Boy

Member Number: 5286

I have heard some talk about him and read some decent things but i would say if he doesnt get drafted then we can bring him in and work him out after the draft. Sounds like an Austin Scott to me (PSU fans know who im talking about) No thanks, on Chris Henry 2!!!
steelcitysfinestXL is offline   Reply With Quote