Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66
Default The 2007 Season

Let's see, We sign an idiot named Mike Tomlin when several other better candidates are available. Not enough the Vikings were horrible, now he has to screw up our team also. Cut Porter, re-sign St. Pierre. Fantastic moves that will equal a 4-12 season. We should make some trades with the Dolphins or Redskins, cause they know how to work the system with a douche bag as coach.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: The 2007 Season

Feel free to jump off the bandwagon at any time....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Gee I dont know if you can call Tomlin an idiot really - what has he done to deserve that?

Let me tell you (as a fan of a team that has had alot of success in the salary cap era) the more games you win, the more rings you bring home - the more likely other teams will over pay for your players.

That is the way the cap works - the lesser teams have weaker players, therefore pay them less, therefore they have more cap room to spend on your guy.

Sometimes that guy is your favorite player.

As a Patriots fan, it was tough losing Branch, AV, Willie McG etc etc - but the best teams are the ones with the best management skills who aren't afraid to make the the type of decision that is unpopular in the short term, but correct in the long term.

I also dont understand this backlash toward the re-signing of a 3rd string QB - its a sensible move and one that has zero to do with the Porter scenario.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

I'm not jumping. Just hate the direction the team is going. Don't see things working too well.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I'm sorry about the bandwagon comment. I am kind of nervous at the moment about next season as well. I am taking the approach of "wait and see and hope for the best" right now.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Your avatar look like your jumping lol, sorry just kiddin
Old 03-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #7
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

It's been shown through history that people do not accept change. Change is going to happen. No sense in crying about it. Cowher is gone. And now Porter is gone. The best we can do is wait and see.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWyo View Post
Let's see, We sign an idiot named Mike Tomlin when several other better candidates are available. Not enough the Vikings were horrible, now he has to screw up our team also. Cut Porter, re-sign St. Pierre. Fantastic moves that will equal a 4-12 season. We should make some trades with the Dolphins or Redskins, cause they know how to work the system with a douche bag as coach.
Whoa, hold on!! I don't know if you've checked out any of the other threads on Tomlin, Porter or St. Pierre, but you might read some info that would change your mind.

I highly doubt we go 4-12, but who knows, I say 10-6. Tomlin walked into a tough situation with the cap, but from what I see and hear so far from the coach I like. This next season may be a tough one but last year was a disgrace the way we performed. I expect coach Tomlin to get the house in order and I expect good things this season.

Can I get a witness?!?!
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #9
wise1s
Water Boy

Member Number: 3305

SteelerWyo - How can you call Tomlin an idiot? You haven't even given him a chance. From all the reports he appears to be a smart, energetic coach and we didn't see much energy from Cowher at all last year!! Give him a chance and if he does well don't post messages later in the year talking about how great and smart he is and jumping back on his bandwagon.
wise1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Remember, Tomlin doesn't necessarily have control over the players on the roster. He can only work with what the FO gives him either from last year's roster, FA, or the draft.

Have faith in the owners and the FO until they prove otherwise. People were upset when Cowher got hired and look what he did for the team!

Give Tomlin a chance - you may have thought there were better candidates but people thought that 15 years ago too!

Believe that the Rooney's will not let this team slip into complacency like 8-8 in Cincinnati!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote