Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Da Steeler Soprano
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3285
Default Why so worried?

Man a lot of doom and gloom in here lately and over what? Peezy? Come on now lets start thinking with our brains and not our hearts. I was reflecting on everything the other day and heres what I came up with:

2006 season as bad of a season as it was we was still only ONE win away from making the playoffs. To start out we lose 4 major players in the off season (Bettis, Randel El, Hope, and Kimo) our franchise QB comes from within an inch of losing his life in a freak motorcycle accident, then merely weeks later has an emergency surgeory on his appendix. During this time we have a head coach who goes out and buys a home in NC raising doubts amongst the team of wether he will return. Which I think its safe to say that Cowher knew all along he was leaving and didnt put forth any effort as he did in previous years. Maybe if he cared at all he would sit our banged and scared QB for Batch who was playing extremely well. We are the defending Super Bowl champions so teams place a huge target on us, more so then they would any other team. Not to mention the schedule committee gives us the hardest schedule in the league, plus weird prime time dates. Also throw into the equation our low draft pick who had his own troubles in the off season, a veteran running back who was expected to replace the Bus turned out to be unable to replace a flat tire on the Bus. Im sure theres much more to add but I will wrap this up. We was ONE win away from making the playoffs.
Now to the 2007 season, we have a new head coach with something to prove to everyone who will care and do everything in his power to win, a QB who knows he hadnt played to par last season and will thrive hard to return to championship form like he knows he can. We will play a third place schedule, teams wont be gunning for us we are back under the radar, plus we get a high draft pick. Im sure theres more but Ill let someone else add it on. I think this post is long enough I just needed to get this off my chest. Oh and for Peezy, is everyone forgetting someone by the name of James Harrison????

"If I could live my life over I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
Da Steeler Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Why so worried?

I agree, let the Tomlin era begin and see how it goes, we need to trust his decisions. Now we have to see if Harrison or a draftee will replace Joey, and I think Harrison will do a great job.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

My only reservation is losing both the executive leader, Cowher, and the squad leader, Porter, during the same season. It's like losing the captain and the sergeant at the same time.

Overall it makes sense. And who knows what Porter's play would have been like in his last season without a contract.

He'll land on his feet, and he has a few good years left. Economically I understand. I think in a world where the money didn't matter he'd be with us... but that world is a fantasy. I think that since all teams are going through this right now it tends to even out.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
My only reservation is losing both the executive leader, Cowher, and the squad leader, Porter, during the same season. It's like losing the captain and the sergeant at the same time.
Overall it makes sense. And who knows what Porter's play would have been like in his last season without a contract.

He'll land on his feet, and he has a few good years left. Economically I understand. I think in a world where the money didn't matter he'd be with us... but that world is a fantasy. I think that since all teams are going through this right now it tends to even out.

Tom
The Sergeant isnt always best soldier (player) and isnt always the one with the most ability to lead. More often it is based on tenure...I have no doubt that the defense will be in good hands being led by Troy, Casey, or Farrior....the defense wont be as loud...but they will be just as potent.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
the executive leader, Cowher
If last season was Cowher leading, than just wow...
Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
If last season was Cowher leading, than just wow...
Ughhhh - how soon they forget.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Ughhhh - how soon they forget.
Tell me about it...there are more than a few folks who feel that way. Never mind his overall records and the fact he kept the Steelers in the playoff hunt nearly every year he was there. But then again, the Cowher-haters will always have something smart-a** to say, even now that he's retired. Get over it y'all. Cowher's gone. Find another whipping boy already.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
Cowher's gone. Find another whipping boy already.
Trust me, Memphis, they already have - just wait until we lose a game next year....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Steeler Soprano View Post
Man a lot of doom and gloom in here lately and over what? Peezy? Come on now lets start thinking with our brains and not our hearts. I was reflecting on everything the other day and heres what I came up with:

2006 season as bad of a season as it was we was still only ONE win away from making the playoffs. To start out we lose 4 major players in the off season (Bettis, Randel El, Hope, and Kimo) our franchise QB comes from within an inch of losing his life in a freak motorcycle accident, then merely weeks later has an emergency surgeory on his appendix. During this time we have a head coach who goes out and buys a home in NC raising doubts amongst the team of wether he will return. Which I think its safe to say that Cowher knew all along he was leaving and didnt put forth any effort as he did in previous years. Maybe if he cared at all he would sit our banged and scared QB for Batch who was playing extremely well. We are the defending Super Bowl champions so teams place a huge target on us, more so then they would any other team. Not to mention the schedule committee gives us the hardest schedule in the league, plus weird prime time dates. Also throw into the equation our low draft pick who had his own troubles in the off season, a veteran running back who was expected to replace the Bus turned out to be unable to replace a flat tire on the Bus. Im sure theres much more to add but I will wrap this up. We was ONE win away from making the playoffs.
Now to the 2007 season, we have a new head coach with something to prove to everyone who will care and do everything in his power to win, a QB who knows he hadnt played to par last season and will thrive hard to return to championship form like he knows he can. We will play a third place schedule, teams wont be gunning for us we are back under the radar, plus we get a high draft pick. Im sure theres more but Ill let someone else add it on. I think this post is long enough I just needed to get this off my chest. Oh and for Peezy, is everyone forgetting someone by the name of James Harrison????

Excellent post, welcome to the board. And love the username!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote