Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Ahman Green To The Texans

I think this is something that needed to be done In Texas, next in line would be some semblence of an offensive line for him to run behind.

Im guessing that Domanick Davis wont be in Houston much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profootballtalk
TEXANS LASSO AHMAN

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the Houston Texans have signed running back Ahman Green.

A league source tells us that Green's contract is worth $23 million over four years, and that Green will earn $8 million in the first year of the deal. Per Schefter, $6.5 million of contract is guaranteed.

Green, who has spent the last seven seasons with the Packers, will be reuinted with former Green Bay coach/G.M. Mike Sherman in Houston. Sherman is an assistant head coach with the Texans.

The aging tailback generated strong interest, and could re-establish himself as a star runner in the Texans' zone-blocking scheme.

Of course, it remains to be seen what the Texans will do at quarterback. David Carr, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft, is not expected to return. The identity of his replacement is, at this point, anyone's guess.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901
Default Re: Ahman Green To The Texans

Considering the source (ProFootballTalk) I won't believe it until I see it on NFL.com.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

For those of us who are harder to convince

Quote:
In a move that figures to have ramifications for several tailbacks who are available either in free agency or via trade, the Houston Texans on Sunday evening reached a contract agreement with unrestricted veteran Ahman Green.

The veteran tailback will sign a four-year, $23 million contract that includes between $6 million-$7 million in guarantees.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787723

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

PFT is an excellent resource as long as you can differentiate between 'informed rumor' and 'confirmed fact'.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
boLT fan
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
For those of us who are harder to convince

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787723

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

PFT is an excellent resource as long as you can differentiate between 'informed rumor' and 'confirmed fact'.

NM
And by 'confirmed fact' you mean finding it on another website first. PFT is all BS, all the time.

But thanks for the other links. It's funny how, a year after skipping one of the best RB's coming out of college all time, the Texans have a huge whole at RB.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
And by 'confirmed fact' you mean finding it on another website first. PFT is all BS, all the time.

But thanks for the other links. It's funny how, a year after skipping one of the best RB's coming out of college all time, the Texans have a huge whole at RB.
Isn't it just?

I have no idea what went on with the Texans FO on that pick - Reggie Bush was the highest hyped draft pick I have seen in quite awhile - seems like they over-thought the issue.

It was bad luck to lose Davis so soon after though.

I wonder what sort of career Mario Williams goes on to have - it has better be Seymour-esque.

NM
Old 03-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I guess they'll go Marshawn Lynch in the draft.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #7
boLT fan
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Isn't it just?

I have no idea what went on with the Texans FO on that pick - Reggie Bush was the highest hyped draft pick I have seen in quite awhile - seems like they over-thought the issue.

It was bad luck to lose Davis so soon after though.

I wonder what sort of career Mario Williams goes on to have - it has better be Seymour-esque.

NM
It's Domanik Williams now, btw. He changed his name.

And it's also funny that Mario Williams wasn't even the best rookie on the team. I love the train wreck that is the Houston Texans.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
It's Domanik Williams now, btw. He changed his name.

And it's also funny that Mario Williams wasn't even the best rookie on the team. I love the train wreck that is the Houston Texans.
Ahhh - Someone made a comment about the Williams/Davis thing on another website - I have to admit to not hearing about that one.

Did he marry Mario?

The Texans are one of those teams that stumble from disaster to disaster - what they have done to David Carr is almost criminal negligence.

NM
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,108 Times in 4,597 Posts

the texans took green and didnt even give a look to travis henry. makes no sense at all. not getting plummer probably hurt their plans. one possibility i read was that they really liked adrian peterson and might be willing to trade the browns d. carr and picks to move up to #3 and draft him. this would be a hell of a steal for the browns (if you believe carr still has potential)

as for dominic, there were worries his career was done after his injury before last season.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
boLT fan
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the texans took green and didnt even give a look to travis henry. makes no sense at all. not getting plummer probably hurt their plans. one possibility i read was that they really liked adrian peterson and might be willing to trade the browns d. carr and picks to move up to #3 and draft him. this would be a hell of a steal for the browns (if you believe carr still has potential)

as for dominic, there were worries his career was done after his injury before last season.
Carr has definatly shown in some spots that he could be a good QB, but his team is just so god awful. And if you're the Texans, why would you possibly take Green over McGahee or Travis Henry.