Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Patriots sign Stallworth $3.6million/1year

One of these days the Evil Empire (The Pats) will crumble. I don't think next year since they did reload again but the day will come again when the Pats stink.lol

They made great moves by signing Thomas and Stallworth no doubt. Plus those two first round picks gives them the chance to put more young talent into their roster. But the signing of both Thomas and Stallworth do have questions about them.

Hey Stallworth has battled hamstring injuries his whole career. He is a good WR when healthy but his health is always in question.

Then there is the 29 year old Thomas and he is a very good LB. You just better hope his production meets the money he is making in his early 30's. Not saying he will suck when he is 30 but when football players hit their 30's the bottom can drop out on them at anytime.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
PatsRule
Banned

Member Number: 1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
One of these days the Evil Empire (The Pats) will crumble. I don't think next year since they did reload again but the day will come again when the Pats stink.lol

They made great moves by signing Thomas and Stallworth no doubt. Plus those two first round picks gives them the chance to put more young talent into their roster. But the signing of both Thomas and Stallworth do have questions about them.

Hey Stallworth has battled hamstring injuries his whole career. He is a good WR when healthy but his health is always in question.

Then there is the 29 year old Thomas and he is a very good LB. You just better hope his production meets the money he is making in his early 30's. Not saying he will suck when he is 30 but when football players hit their 30's the bottom can drop out on them at anytime.
Why do other teams fans hate the Pats so much ? is it because they win ?
PatsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #13
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsRule View Post
Thats the type of question that can lead to wide and varied answers.

You shouldn't really have to ask why Steeler fans might have an issue or two with the Patriots.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #14
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Nope. I personally couldn't care less if they're winning, nor do the two home AFCC losses to them bother me. For me, it's because of their many, many, MANY obnoxious and ignorant bandwagon fans. Otherwise, I could root for the Pats, as they are obviously a very well-run and respected organization.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #15
PatsRule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Nope. I personally couldn't care less if they're winning, nor do the two home AFCC losses to them bother me. For me, it's because of their many, many, MANY obnoxious and ignorant bandwagon fans. Otherwise, I could root for the Pats, as they are obviously a very well-run and respected organization.
I can understand that, but all teams have bandwagon fans.chargers fans are so obnoxious but the Chargers are a great team.I don't dislike the Chargers because of their fans.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #16
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Ok let me break it down for you the Steelers play in the AFC just like the Pats. You might not know that since you asked such a silly question.lol I hate every other team in the AFC since I'm a Steelers fan. They all stand in the way in the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl.lol

I give the Pats their credit all the time and probably to much credit at times. But that doesn't mean I have to like them. I think they have been more lucky then good but hey they won three Super Bowls so I respect what they accomplished.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,199 Times in 3,492 Posts

Quote:
because theyre like the paris hilton of the nfl. do people hate her cause shes rich and pretty?

no, shes hated cause she comes off as a bitch with the class of a $10 tramp.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

What makes the Stallworth signing strange to is... The Pats wouldn't give Branch the money but they will give 12 million guaranteed to Stallworth. Hey I understand Branch isn't as good in Seattle as he was in New England. But has Stallworth proven to be better then Branch so far? I don't know about that. Hey I'm sure Mr. Hamstring Stallworth will have another hamstring issue. He does every year.lol The dude is weak and it will be no different in a Pats uniform. The Pats should have been just as happy with the Thomas and Welker deals but nope they have to act like the Yankees of the NFL this year. I hope they suffer the same fate as the Yankees. The Yankees continue to win divisions and make the play-offs but its been since 2000 that they won it all. The same will happen to the Pats.lol
Old 03-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #19
PatsRule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
What makes the Stallworth signing strange to is... The Pats wouldn't give Branch the money but they will give 12 million guaranteed to Stallworth. Hey I understand Branch isn't as good in Seattle as he was in New England. But has Stallworth proven to be better then Branch so far? I don't know about that. Hey I'm sure Mr. Hamstring Stallworth will have another hamstring issue. He does every year.lol The dude is weak and it will be no different in a Pats uniform. The Pats should have been just as happy with the Thomas and Welker deals but nope they have to act like the Yankees of the NFL this year. I hope they suffer the same fate as the Yankees. The Yankees continue to win divisions and make the play-offs but its been since 2000 that they won it all. The same will happen to the Pats.lol
Buth they didn't give Stallworth 12 million he is going to get 3.6 Million and the Pats have an out after the first year..

It's a great deal I think Stallworth has the potential to be even better than Branch or he could bust,but the potential is there.The numbers are almost the same yardage but Stallworth has more touchdowns,so they replaced one with the other and got a 1st round pick ta boot..

Here are the terms what is reported so far

STALLWORTH SIGNED A "PROVE IT" DEAL

As we guessed several days ago, the contract that receiver Donte' Stallworth has inked with the New England Patriots is a one-year "prove it" deal. If he is effective, and if he doesn't get suspended for violation of the substance abuse policy, the team will likely pay him $8 million in 2008 bonus money. If he is not effective, or if he gets suspended, the team can walk away.

And if Stallworth is a training camp train wreck, the team is out only a $1 million signing bonus and $300,000 workout bonus.

So why didn't Stallworth just sign a one-year deal and head back to free agency in 2008? If he plays well enough for the Pats to happily hand him $8 million by early March, he'd likely get much more than that on the open market.

The glitch, as one league insider has explained it to us, is the franchise tag. Under a one-year deal, the Pats would still have the ability to restrict Stallworth's movement by extending an offer with a one-season salary equal to the average of the five highest-paid receivers in the game.

And with Stallworth set to earn $11 million in 2008 if the Patriots like what he does in 2007, they surely would have been willing to use the franchise tag -- which will be several million bucks less than his currently scheduled pay -- if Stallworth had played like a star under a one-year deal. (The structure of the contract prevents the Pats from passing on the option bonus but then tying Stallworth's hands -- and saving a lot of money -- with the franchise tag, since the option bonus is due after the last day for using the franchise or transition tags.)

So why not ask the team to agree not to use the franchise tag? As the source explained, it's hard to get a one-year deal worth much more than the veteran minimum if the team then has no way to extend the player's tenure with the team.

Smart move by the Pat's
Old 03-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #20
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

I really don't care the money they gave Stallworth I always thought the guy was soft and over-rated anyway. I didn't read all the details like you pointed out. Just get ready for Mr. Hamstring to have some hamstring issues.