Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,056 Times in 3,063 Posts
Default Re: Patriots sign Stallworth $3.6million/1year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
What makes the Stallworth signing strange to is... The Pats wouldn't give Branch the money but they will give 12 million guaranteed to Stallworth. Hey I understand Branch isn't as good in Seattle as he was in New England. But has Stallworth proven to be better then Branch so far? I don't know about that. Hey I'm sure Mr. Hamstring Stallworth will have another hamstring issue. He does every year.lol The dude is weak and it will be no different in a Pats uniform. The Pats should have been just as happy with the Thomas and Welker deals but nope they have to act like the Yankees of the NFL this year. I hope they suffer the same fate as the Yankees. The Yankees continue to win divisions and make the play-offs but its been since 2000 that they won it all. The same will happen to the Pats.lol
i posted their year by year stats before the season and stallworth is clearly better than branch (edging him in almost EVERY statistical category.)

i did this to prove that the seahawks got robbed giving up all that cash and a 1st rounder for branch when they couldve easilly had stallworth for a 3rd. im sure the seahawsk are still kicking themselves for this move.

branch is just as injury prone as stallworth too.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #22
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i posted their year by year stats before the season and stallworth is clearly better than branch (edging him in almost EVERY statistical category.)

i did this to prove that the seahawks got robbed giving up all that cash and a 1st rounder for branch when they couldve easilly had stallworth for a 3rd. im sure the seahawsk are still kicking themselves for this move.

branch is just as injury prone as stallworth too.
Branch has more catches. Stallworth has alittle more yards then Branch. Stallworth has 10 more TD's. They're both soft and over-rated in my mind. But one has done something in big games and helped that team win championships were the other hasn't. Thats all I'm saying Tony.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

This was a good signing for the Pats...they had a pretty good FA.

As for the team, I judge my hatred of a team first on the thuggery of the players, but a close second (and almost always closely related) is the punk-assed nature of the fans. The Pats are a bit of an enigma, as the organization does much right and seems pretty classy. However, they have some really overbearing and arrogant fans, and they have a real chip on their collective shoulder even when they win. I have a feeling it's a bit of a "Boston thing", and all the bandwagon fans just emulate the bad behavior in a sort of monkey-see, monkey-do thing so they can fit in.

It's the old beat a dead horse routine. When the Steelers lose to a team, Hell, even the Browns, the fans talk some smack, then you settle back into the old routine after awhile. Not so w/ pats fans. They exercise massive overkill with the whole poor-winner thing. Hell, there's a prevailing "Neener-Neener" element to the Pats fans on this very board over wins from seasons ago.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #24
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Maybe I'm missing something but other then TD's Stallworth isn't that far above Branch in stats.

Branch 266 catches for 3469 yards and 18 TD's

Stallworth 233 catches for 3516 yards and 28 TD's.

Yea Stallworth is so much better.lol They're both soft and are over-rated. Only difference Branch helped the Pats win Super Bowls where Stallworth hasn't. Just saying they should have rewarded their own instead of signing Stallworth a year later. But hey they got a first round pick in return for Branch. Great move on their part.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #25
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Plus my whole point is I'm not ready just to give the Super Bowl to the Pats since they signed A. Thomas, Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker.lol
Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #26
tony hipchest

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something but other then TD's Stallworth isn't that far above Branch in stats.

Branch 266 catches for 3469 yards and 18 TD's

Stallworth 233 catches for 3516 yards and 28 TD's.

Yea Stallworth is so much better.lol They're both soft and are over-rated. Only difference Branch helped the Pats win Super Bowls where Stallworth hasn't. Just saying they should have rewarded their own instead of signing Stallworth a year later. But hey they got a first round pick in return for Branch. Great move on their part.
like i said stallworth has the edge. especially when he's started 11 less games. the td's speak for themselves. he had his production with the likes of aaron brooks on a horrible team. branch had brady.

branch cost a 1st rounder and about 6-7 mil?

stallworth cost a 3rd from the saints and is now playing on a 1 year 3.6 mil contract.

stallworth is BY FAAAAAAAR the better deal.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-11-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #27
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
like i said stallworth has the edge. especially when hes been in the league 1 less season than branch. the td's speak for themselves. he had his production with the likes of aaron brooks on a horrible team. branch had brady.

branch cost a 1st rounder and about 6-7 mil?

stallworth cost a 3rd from the saints and is now playing on a 1 year 3.6 mil contract.

stallworth is BY FAAAAAAAR the better deal.
Check yourself Tony both players came in the league in 2002. Stallworth also had Joe Horn getting most of the attention on the other side were Branch had Givens.lol

I said the Pats made a great move by getting a first rounder by trading Branch. I just don't see this as a great signing by the Pats. Maybe you do?lol

I bet right now Branch has a better season since Mr. Hamstring will break down like he always does. I know Branch has health issues as well but every year Stallworth is hurt.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #28
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Thats the type of question that can lead to wide and varied answers.

You shouldn't really have to ask why Steeler fans might have an issue or two with the Patriots.

NM
I'm glad you said that....
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #29
tony hipchest

Quote:
Check yourself Tony both players came in the league in 2002. Stallworth also had Joe Horn getting most of the attention on the other side were Branch had Givens.lol

I said the Pats made a great move by getting a first rounder by trading Branch. I just don't see this as a great signing by the Pats. Maybe you do?lol

I bet right now Branch has a better season since Mr. Hamstring will break down like he always does. I know Branch has health issues as well but every year Stallworth is hurt.
i was remembering branch starting about a full season more than branch.

but im glad me making a mistake provides you with so much excitement! (just dont wear it in your sig like litp did, like you got a purple heart on or something)

the facts are out there. basically the same player (except stallworth is a legitimate deep threat and can find the endzone).

one just costs about half as much as the other. in this day of salary cap i dont see why the pats shouldve rewarded branch for his mediocre past when a much better deal could be found.

branch thought he deserved hines ward money. stallworth is willing to play a year below market value to prove his pot smoking wont affect his play or professionalism.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #30
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
i was remembering branch starting about a full season more than branch.

but im glad me making a mistake provides you with so much excitement! (just dont wear it in your sig like litp did, like you got a purple heart on or something)

the facts are out there. basically the same player (except stallworth is a legitimate deep threat and can find the endzone).

one just costs about half as much as the other. in this day of salary cap i dont see why the pats shouldve rewarded branch for his mediocre past when a much better deal could be found.

branch thought he deserved hines ward money. stallworth is willing to play a year below market value to prove his pot smoking wont affect his play or professionalism.
I'm really not that excited over your mistake. It happens and just joking around. I won't put in my sig but good one. Funny to mention LITP when he has nothing to do with the conversation?

I understand what you're saying and yes not over paying Branch was the right move from the business part of the NFL. But by letting go of some of their players that helped them win Super Bowls probably cost them more titles. But free agency 2007 Kraft starts spending the coin on players that didn't help win the Pats jack?

Yes these moves can work out for the Pats but I think Daniel Synder has proven you can't buy Super Bowl titles by over paying for other teams players.