Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default One Chance Thread...

As most of you know, I have been in the middle of an Abortion issue with this forrum. Now, I know that everyone has their own opinions and I have mine. This is just my way of gettin' this out and lettin' my feelings be known and the Mods have said that this is the place to do it. Now, I hope that I dont offend anyone with my thoughts and opinions but I want to express them to ya'll. My Only Rules to this thread please would to be Just To Reply One Time Per Person, including myself.
I am a New father of a beautiful little girl.. she is now a little over 8 mos. old and I love her more than life its self. I Could Not Imagine Life Without Her Little Smile to Send Me Off to Work every morning. She is my Pride N Joy. It just breaks my heart to think that there is people out here killing little children before they even have a chance. And most of the time it is just because they think that they are Not ready for children, so why then do they take chances having sex knowing that there is or could be consiquinces ? I know that my heart is sooooooo soft toward children that I just cant control my feelings sometimes with them. They are such a Blessing From God to us here on earth and I praise him every day and thank him daily for her and my loving family.
Please... keep it clean and you dont have to be nasty to make your opinions known. I hope that the Mods will understand this thread and I hope that I dont or havent offended anyone. JUST REMEMBER...ONE THREAD OPPORTUNITY FOR EACH PERSON PLEASE.... I totally understand that everyone is Not gonna agree with each other so have fun and Please keep it Clean...
David
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: One Chance Thread...

I understand man, I'm not a fan of abortion either.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,071 Times in 3,448 Posts

i have a beautiful girl myself. however it wasnt me who carried her to term or delivered her. if a woman choses to abort a child, i will not pass judgement because that is her choice and i know she will meet her maker one day and have to answer to Him. according to Jesus, one who repents their sins will be forgiven.

i used to kill birds with my BB gun for fun. for that i hope im not eternaly damned.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

If you do away with abortion be prepared to read more headlines like these...

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...nG=Search+News
Old 03-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

bugger me... Time to go watch some tv and be done with this crap. We've all got sob stories about our families. Our children are the most precious things in our hearts. Bottom line is that's not always the case and people do insane cruel things to kids/babies.

I'd rather see a fetus aborted than a baby chucked away like garbage.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I am pro-choice personally, mainly for the reason that Tony pointed out - I have a problem with the government telling a woman what she can and can't do as far as her body is concerned. I would also be curious to know how the originator of this thread feels about cases where women become pregnant as a result of being raped? Should the woman be required by law to carry the child to term?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I have mixed feeling on abortion.......I do not believe in it.....I feel that if two people are mature enough to have sex then they should be mature enough to do what is necessary to provide the best possible life for the child......
On the other hand.......I do not believe the government should interfer or have control over the situation......This is a free country.....And noone should tell you what to do with your body......
I think it is ashame that the issue of abortion is brought up in so many political talks because it is only used as a ploy to get people to vote one way or another....
I think that abortion and christian rights groups should stay out of politics...
With that said........I am against abortions, but, it should be left to opinions and not put into laws

Go Steelers
Old 03-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I'm pro choice, but abortion is not for me personally. And I don't have any problems with people being anti-abortion. But they can only say what is right for them, not what is right for others.

So, I'm fine with you being anti-abortion. I'm not fine with that being extended to the lives of others who may not agree with you. There aren't enough anti-abortion people willing to care for the unwanted unborn for them to impose their views on others.

And then the issue gets clouded with anti-abortionists whose real agenda is controlling the sex lives of other people, who use the unborn issue and access to birth control in the form of morning after pills as a means to enforce their own sexual standards on the rest of the populace. Not everyone takes an anti-abortion stance because of their deep and abiding love of all children; there are quite a number of anti-abortionists who would be more than happy to enforce their own sexual standards on the rest of the populace, in the same way that the Muslims do in their countries. We would do well to recognize the difference between those who care out of love, and those who care out of a desire for control.

Thanks for giving me the chance to express these thoughts without fear of starting an argument.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
I'm pro choice, but abortion is not for me personally. And I don't have any problems with people being anti-abortion. But they can only say what is right for them, not what is right for others.

So, I'm fine with you being anti-abortion. I'm not fine with that being extended to the lives of others who may not agree with you. There aren't enough anti-abortion people willing to care for the unwanted unborn for them to impose their views on others.

And then the issue gets clouded with anti-abortionists whose real agenda is controlling the sex lives of other people, who use the unborn issue and access to birth control in the form of morning after pills as a means to enforce their own sexual standards on the rest of the populace. Not everyone takes an anti-abortion stance because of their deep and abiding love of all children; there are quite a number of anti-abortionists who would be more than happy to enforce their own sexual standards on the rest of the populace, in the same way that the Muslims do in their countries. We would do well to recognize the difference between those who care out of love, and those who care out of a desire for control.

Thanks for giving me the chance to express these thoughts without fear of starting an argument.

Tom

I'm in line with Mosca.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
I have mixed feeling on abortion.......I do not believe in it.....I feel that if two people are mature enough to have sex then they should be mature enough to do what is necessary to provide the best possible life for the child......
On the other hand.......I do not believe the government should interfer or have control over the situation......This is a free country.....And noone should tell you what to do with your body......
I am 100% Pro Life and very proud of it. To look at my beautiful 7 year old grandson every day reminds me why I take the stance that I do on abortion.

No one should tell anyone what to do with their bodies, but on the other side of the coin, with all of the birth control methods available today to both sexes that weren't available when I was growing up - to have unprotected sex is as good as saying "we want to conceive", imho. There is no excuse for unprotected sex in this day and age.

In the case of a rape victim, my feelings on that are that the child conceived is not at fault for what happened any more than the victim is. I can only speak for myself here by saying that if I was raped and became pregnant, I would carry that innocent life to term and either raise the child myself or place that precious little life for adoption. There are thousands of good people out there who can't conceive who would give their eye tooth for the opportunity to love a child and raise it as their own.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote