Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-26-2005, 10:34 PM   #191
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Official Steelers vs Redskins Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well we can use the excuse of the redskins having the the third best defense in the league last season for the reason our offense sucking, lol
nah...I don't think there is an excuse for how poorly they have been playing.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 PM   #192
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

Well,considering the skins kept there starting defense longer then we did almost a full qtr more, just shows they wanted this game. and with the lack of starting RBs on our side we rely didn't have much to work with. Ben has that high lob to deal with, but i loved the 51 yard run by my man Willie.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 PM   #193
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
nah...I don't think there is an excuse for how poorly they have been playing.

I can overlook the running back being alittle off becuz of the injuries and the skins have a good DL and LB's and it being preseason..alittle bit.. but Ben, man comon, he hasnt done much of anything in 3 preseason games.. We all the games dont count and all that but I'd like to see the starting offense score atleast 1 damn TD in the preseason
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:02 PM   #194
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Ben sucked again! He missed open recievers missed Kreider wide open at the goal line and threw more high passes. The OL gave him time he just didnt get it done. I have no idea why Cowher didnt give him 1 series to start the 3rd qtr
Old 08-27-2005, 12:57 AM   #195
Rush58
Starter

Member Number: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg
Ben sucked again! He missed open recievers missed Kreider wide open at the goal line and threw more high passes. The OL gave him time he just didnt get it done. I have no idea why Cowher didnt give him 1 series to start the 3rd qtr
I don't think Big Ben sucked. I think the offense needs to call more pass plays, especially back-to-back. There are too many run, run and then pass on 3rd and long. The ratio between pass and run needs to be more fluid.
Rush58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #196
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Three areas of offensive concern...Ben's off target throws, Randle El's hands of stone, and Ward always being 1/2 yard short of the sticks. What gives with this kinda rust going into the last week of preseason?
Old 08-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #197
SteelerSal
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush58
I don't think Big Ben sucked. I think the offense needs to call more pass plays, especially back-to-back. There are too many run, run and then pass on 3rd and long. The ratio between pass and run needs to be more fluid.
Question, did you watch the game,listen on the radio,or watch 2 helmets on the screen of your computer? My guess one of the last two for you to make a comment like that.

Maddox and St.Pierre threw far better passes than Ben. I have'nt seen Ben throw a good pass since week 13 of last season. :o
SteelerSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #198
Rush58
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSal
Question, did you watch the game,listen on the radio,or watch 2 helmets on the screen of your computer? My guess one of the last two for you to make a comment like that.

Maddox and St.Pierre threw far better passes than Ben. I have'nt seen Ben throw a good pass since week 13 of last season. :o
Yeah, I watched the game. The problem I see for the Steelers is that the running tendency is way too much. I think it's time the Steelers change their philosophy up a bit and throw more consecutive pass attempts. When the backups came in the game, there seem to be more of an emphasis to pass the ball. You can see Big Ben start to warm up when we finally threw the ball on consecutive downs, but it was 25 seconds or so left in the 1st half.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #199
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush58
Yeah, I watched the game. The problem I see for the Steelers is that the running tendency is way too much. I think it's time the Steelers change their philosophy up a bit and throw more consecutive pass attempts. When the backups came in the game, there seem to be more of an emphasis to pass the ball. You can see Big Ben start to warm up when we finally threw the ball on consecutive downs, but it was 25 seconds or so left in the 1st half.
I agree they could have called a better game for him. Also there were a few drops and Mays didnt come back for the ball on the curl. At least thats what the PG said.

The production problems of that offense were not all on Roethlisberger's shoulders, as was evident on the next series when two of his receivers failed him. Cedrick Wilson, who has looked good in practice all summer, let one pass on a crossing route clang off his hands. On the next play, Lee Mays ran a medium hook but did not come back for the ball and the pass was easily broken up. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05239/561203.stm
Old 08-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #200
Rush58
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg
I agree they could have called a better game for him. Also there were a few drops and Mays didnt come back for the ball on the curl. At least thats what the PG said.

The production problems of that offense were not all on Roethlisberger's shoulders, as was evident on the next series when two of his receivers failed him. Cedrick Wilson, who has looked good in practice all summer, let one pass on a crossing route clang off his hands. On the next play, Lee Mays ran a medium hook but did not come back for the ball and the pass was easily broken up. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05239/561203.stm
Figg, I agree with what you said. I think this is all part of not emphasizing the passing game enough. We need to establish the passing game before we run the football. I don't see us pounding teams into submission like last season. Our opponents, this season, will be better prepared for our running attack. I think it's up to our coaching staff to get the passing game up to par with our running attack. So far, they haven't done that.