Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Anyone ever have a "Full Mouth Debridement"?

Went to get a cleaning at the dentist today, and I guess the years have caught up with me, as I know need more than just the usual cleaning. Anyway, I didn't have time to do it today, but I'm getting a "Deep cleaning" in 3 weeks. What should I expect?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts
Default Re: Anyone ever have a "Full Mouth Debridement"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim View Post
Went to get a cleaning at the dentist today, and I guess the years have caught up with me, as I know need more than just the usual cleaning. Anyway, I didn't have time to do it today, but I'm getting a "Deep cleaning" in 3 weeks. What should I expect?
hopefully a bunch of hot young dental aides and assistants. ive gotten some work done in mexico (algadones and juarez), so maybe its different up there. theres nothing like chugging a few coronas in the cantina, then going next door for a root canal scheduled for 11:00 am.

now that i have dental insurance i go here in the states but the hygenists are still cute (especially if you like hispanic women). dentist offices should be like hooters where all the hygenists wear bikinis. business would be SO much better. theyre usually fairly generous with their gratuitous "leans" either way.

oh? the actual procedure? they take tools and scrape under your gums and stuff like that. maybe some stronger whitening solvent to scrub with. i usually zone out at the dentist and actually fell asleep for a few minutes during a root canal.

i dont do gas and dont request the extra anesthisia if it still hurts, cause usually the shots are worse than the actual pain from the procedure. i think they give you a shot for the deep cleaning and the deep scraping can hurt the gums, but nothing that would cause more than a little bleeding.

my 2nd to last cleaning about a year ago was with an excellent young assistant (you could tell she was a newbie by how gentle she was) and i swear it was about as relaxing as a massage. others are hacks who rush through, and you swear theyre trying to pierce your gums and remove all enamel to create cavities.

try to get a young one! at my dentist you can request the hygenist.

(and no, im not a sick pervert)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I already have one...Shelly. She's very cute, and I warmed her up nicely. Had her laughing and blushing after a few minutes.

So she's going to tear me up pretty good, huh?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
tony hipchest

Quote:
I already have one...Shelly. She's very cute, and I warmed her up nicely. Had her laughing and blushing after a few minutes.

So she's going to tear me up pretty good, huh?
by the way it sounds? no. like i said, its probably like getting a massage. you got those who hurry just to get on to the next client, but if theyre warmed up theyre usually a little more conscientious of the procedure they are providing. i think its always a good idea to be nice to those who can randomly shove crap in your mouth (Farside and the tennis ball).

a little discomfort and nothing worse than jamming toothpicks up underneath your gums. (shelly sounds so much nicer than helga)
Old 03-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Well, I'm about 95% single, and Shelly seems nice and may have even been flirting with me. I guess I trust her to fix my teeth...
Old 03-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsonsGirl View Post
What is 95% single? Please post a picture of your teeth and we will be the judge of Shellys work!
Just teasing you buddy!
Shelly hasn't worked on my teeth yet.

95% single means...Hell, I don't know what it means.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsonsGirl View Post
You are funny! I want pictures next trip to the dentist!
My ex-girlfriend lost my camera, so no pics...
Old 03-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:
Shelly hasn't worked on my teeth yet.

95% single means...Hell, I don't know what it means.
I know what that means! im 85-90% NOT SINGLE.

seriously woodsonsgirl... get lloydfan4life to a dentist with some sweet, pretty hygenists. they make the whole experience alot less inimidating.

im a firm believer that everyone should go to a reputable mexican bordertown dentist atleast once in their life. its really quite fun if you make a day of it. hit the mercado for some cheap shopping, the cantinas for margaritas, the dentist, and the sports book, all on the same block. (im pretty sure a donkey show was just a cab ride away).

lol. i even went to the physician and paid 15 bucks for a prescription of Oxycontin (hillbilly heroin), and i even told him it was because i was having a cavity filled. you gotta love mexico!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
hopefully a bunch of hot young dental aides and assistants. ive gotten some work done in mexico (algadones and juarez), so maybe its different up there. theres nothing like chugging a few coronas in the cantina, then going next door for a root canal scheduled for 11:00 am.

now that i have dental insurance i go here in the states but the hygenists are still cute (especially if you like hispanic women). dentist offices should be like hooters where all the hygenists wear bikinis. business would be SO much better. theyre usually fairly generous with their gratuitous "leans" either way.

oh? the actual procedure? they take tools and scrape under your gums and stuff like that. maybe some stronger whitening solvent to scrub with. i usually zone out at the dentist and actually fell asleep for a few minutes during a root canal.

i dont do gas and dont request the extra anesthisia if it still hurts, cause usually the shots are worse than the actual pain from the procedure. i think they give you a shot for the deep cleaning and the deep scraping can hurt the gums, but nothing that would cause more than a little bleeding.

my 2nd to last cleaning about a year ago was with an excellent young assistant (you could tell she was a newbie by how gentle she was) and i swear it was about as relaxing as a massage. others are hacks who rush through, and you swear theyre trying to pierce your gums and remove all enamel to create cavities.

try to get a young one! at my dentist you can request the hygenist.

(and no, im not a sick pervert)

(Barry White voice:)
"Awwwwww,......yeeeahh." "That's how you keep them pearly whites worthy of sight,......sho ya riiiiight"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,290 Posts

Quote:
but I'm getting a "Deep cleaning" in 3 weeks. What should I expect?
PAIN.... I just had it done about 6 weeks ago. It makes your teeth really sensitive to hot or cold for a long while.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote