Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-20-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Islamist Website intructs use of Forums

http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SD150807

Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen in Using Popular U.S. Web Forums to Foster Anti-War Sentiment among Americans

In the past few months, Islamists engaged in "media jihad" have increased their efforts to expose as broad a Western audience as possible to their jihad films, which purport to document the growing success of the mujahideen in Iraq and Afghanistan. As part of this endeavor, they have posted jihad films on popular free video-sharing websites such as YouTube, LiveLeak, and Google Video, hoping that such films will tip public opinion in the West against the war in Iraq and Afghanistan - thus pressuring Western governments to withdraw their troops from these countries.

As part of the campaign to foster anti-war sentiment among Westerners, and more specifically among Americans, a member of the Al-Mohajroon Islamist website with the username Al-Wathiq Billah instructed mujahideen in how to infiltrate popular American forums and to use them to distribute jihad films and spread disinformation about the war.

The following are excerpts: [1]

"Raiding American Forums is Among the Most Important Means of Obtaining Victory in the Fierce Media War? and of Influencing the Views of the Weak-Minded American"

"There is no doubt, my brothers, that raiding American forums is among the most important means of obtaining victory in the fierce media war... and of influencing the views of the weak-minded American who pays his taxes so they will go to the infidel American army. This American is an idiot and does not [even] know where Iraq is... [It is therefore] mandatory for every electronic mujahid [to engage in this raiding]."

"It is better that you raid non-political forums such as music forums and trivia forums... which American people... favor... Define your target[ed forum]... and get to know it well... Post your contribution and do not get into... futile arguments..."

Indicate You Are an American

"Obviously, you have to register yourself using a purely American name... Choose an icon that indicates that you are an American, and place it next to your nickname [in the forum]."

"In my experience, the areas most visited in American forums... [are titled] 'Random Thoughts' and 'What's going on in your mind?'... [The former] takes priority in the American forums, and is highly popular. You should post your contribution there... This should include films of the mujahideen in Iraq, mujahideen publications in English, and images and films of the Americans' crimes, [such as] killing unarmed civilians in Iraq... etc."

"Invent Stories About American Soldiers You Have [Allegedly] Personally Known"

"Obviously, you should post your contribution... as an American... You should correspond with visitors to this forum, [bringing to their attention] the frustrating situation of their troops in Iraq... You should invent stories about American soldiers you have [allegedly] personally known (as classmates... or members in a club who played baseball and tennis with you) who were drafted to Iraq and then committed suicide while in service by hanging or shooting themselves..."

"Also, write using a sad tone, and tell them that you feel sorry for your [female] neighbor or co-worker who became addicted to alcohol or drugs... because her poor fianc?, a former soldier in Iraq, was paralyzed or [because] his legs were amputated... [Use any story] which will break their spirits, oh brave fighter for the sake of God..."

How to Make Americans Feel Frustrated With Their Government

"You should enter into debate or respond only if it is extremely necessary... Your concern should [only] be introducing topics which... will cause [them to feel] frustration and anger towards their government..., which will... render them hostile to Bush... and his Republican Party and make them feel they must vote ton bring the troops back from Iraq as soon as possible."

"Do not... discuss issues pertaining to Arabs or Muslims at all, whether negatively or positively... because this could be a trap for you... In addition, do not ask people to circulate the material [you have posted] in other forums... as these types of requests will expose you..."
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Islamist Website intructs use of Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydfan4life View Post
All of the posts by Ralph the Troll in the Porter and Levi thread are now starting to make sense. He's actually part of the Mujahideen. Matter of fact, I think all Bengals fans are!

Seriously, thanks for enlightening us w/this post LLT. It definitely is something worth keeping an eye out for. I mean, according to the article, we are just 'weak-minded Americans'!
I think we have become a society of lemings...easily pursuaded by percieved news blurps and group mentality
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

That seems like cheating really.

I cannot beleive these fundamentalist Islamists are playing dirty by launching an underhand media campaign to sway opinion away from a country that has invaded them.

What happened to the days when countries would do things the old fashioned way? - get your troops together and invade your enemy - pillage, rape, imprison illegally...thats the stuff of real men.

We can only thank American Intelligence for shining a light on the despicable, manipulative world of the fundamentalist Muslim.

One only hopes that America itself, would never stoop so low as to release war related mis-information and proganda.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I think we have become a society of lemings...easily pursuaded by percieved news blurps and group mentality
I think you are right.

Question EVERYTHING.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I think you are right.

Question EVERYTHING.

I knew it,.... I knew it Pats ! There was always more to you than just simply 'Pie and Chips'. Go ahead and admit it,.....your here to undermine American 'authora Ty' ain't ya ?!
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
I knew it,.... I knew it Pats ! There was always more to you than just simply 'Pie and Chips'. Go ahead and admit it,.....your here to undermine American 'authora Ty' ain't ya ?!
Good sir.

I have been clearly instructed not to enter into debate on these matters.

I have stated my position - it is only a matter of time before everyone who reads my posts becomes more and more convinced by its validity.

You have about 34 mins before you are one of us.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #7
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Good sir.

I have stated my position - it is only a matter of time before everyone who reads my posts becomes more and more convinced by its validity.

(Good ole boy voice:)

'Now you just wait a minute buddy" "I don't participate in no Ishkabibilism"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:08 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
(Good ole boy voice:)

'Now you just wait a minute buddy" "I don't participate in no Ishkabibilism"
Old 03-20-2007, 08:23 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Sad, but true, though I'm not personally persuaded by media outlets of any kind or a bunch of turban topped wahoos.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #10
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Quote:
Good sir.

Don't know about him questioning American authority... but I will say he's trying to question the STEELERS authority...